• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Democrats 2020

I'm optimistic that Biden will do well. However, if the dems in congress don't get their shit together and pass the stimulus package, all dems are toast. Even CNN is blaming them for holding it up. People are really hurting, and now is not the time to play games. People are really hurting right now. Confidence is low.

I'm optimistic that Biden will do well. However, if the dems in congress don't get their shit together and pass the stimulus package, all dems are toast. Even CNN is blaming them for holding it up. People are really hurting, and now is not the time to play games. People are really hurting right now. Confidence is low.

To be fair, the GOP is trying to use this crisis to shove through even more deregulation and tax cuts for businesses, even as businesses seem to realize that now is not the time to focus on quarterly profits. It is worth remembering that the Republican party has been in lockstep with their Dear Leader who has (up until very recently) seen this pandemic as a pesky public relations problem rather than a serious national emergency.

... if the dems in congress don't get their shit together and pass the stimulus package, all dems are toast.

I believe Moscow Mitch & Co think you're right. That's why they refuse to prohibit the use of a tax money giveaway for corporate stock buybacks etc. - they know the Dems can't agree to letting them do that again. Dems will look like idiots if they fall for the same Rethuglican klepto crap twice in three years. But they can hardly refuse and let the 'pugs blame them for all the ensuing deaths, right?
I only agree with that if we concede that there is nobody in the Democratic Party who can succinctly state the case in a way that at least 50-something % of the general public can understand.

Horseshit. While asshole Republicans are trying to rape Americans through legislation in the guise of a “stimulus,” other asswipe Republicans are actually calling for “grandparents” to kill themselves so that Republicans don’t have to open their wallets for ten seconds.

Anyone calling themselves a Republican these days should be immediately jettisoned into the sun for the betterment of all mankind.

I agree that the Dems are fighting in good spirit, but that won't stop the GOP from rewriting history (GOP decided to take a weekend recess while Pelosi was left negotiating directly with Mnuchin in mid-March, among other things).

An agreement is close, allegedly. Hopefully they get something decent passed. It seems like there will be congressional oversight of the $500 billion slush fund. Of course, the Trump Admin hasn't seen eye-to-eye with Congress on oversight.

An Indian giver is someone who wants something back for their gift.

I'm sure that she'd want something back for her endorsement, like policies more like hers.

So humor just isn’t your thing?

When you can provide any evidence that you (or Jason) are capable of humor (rather than just racism and dog-whislting and merely calling that humor to escape scrutiny), let me know.

4ldmpi.png

Twitter running interference. Haha

OMG, he coughed! Must be the plague!

Before the restaurant shutdown, I coughed because my shrimp & sausage gumbo was spicy; two people got up and walked out. Idiots.

Reminder, with added relevance as we are living through an unprecedented historical event:

delegatepie.JPG

His staff are helping him do solo video livestreaming from his basement.

“Mics are hot,” a staff member said at the start of the stream.

“Ready to go?” Biden asked as he appeared on the screen. He looked to his staff, then to the camera, scratched his nose, looked at his staff, and then looked back to the camera again.

“Good morning. I hope you and your family are doing well in these difficult and anxious times,” he began.
At another point, Biden gestured to his staff to move a teleprompter to the next point in his prepared script.

“In addition to that, we have to make sure that we are in a position that we are — well, let me, let me go to the second thing, I spoke enough on that,” Biden said after calling for activating the doctors in Reserve Corps. He transitioned to criticizing Trump for calling himself a "wartime president."

It was the type of redirection that would be minor for Biden when he speaks to rooms of voters, but it came across like a mistake during a direct-to-screen scripted address. He also mispronounced the Massachusetts governor's name, calling him Charlie Parker rather than Baker.

There's a certain Sanders Sister who could help him out with livestreaming. :D

But asking her help may require a LOT of pride swallowing.

Back
Top Bottom