• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Democrats 2020

what they mean is that they don't go to church very often or try to coerce their neighbors into going with them.
I think that might be the key, the 'coerce' part.
Seems to me that 'religious' is coming to mean not piety or practices, but politics. Anyone who believes strongly and churches often but doesn't want or try to legislate their behaviors, is not taken as a religious person.

Which would dovetail nicely with the claim that evolution is a religion. If we want it taught in schools, and fight for it, it must be our religion, at least among those who gauge their religious devotion by their political agenda.

A vaccine is only a matter of a few months away, as Israeli scientists say one should be ready for testing within weeks.

Agree, that this virus has the potential to undo all the good work done to bring, no, drag the US economy to it's present state from The Appeaser In Chief's wasted two terms.

But I'm still of the opinion, no matter what, Americans will not put a commo in the WH.

You really sound like a caricature. The Ugly American Australian.

A vaccine is only a matter of a few months away, as Israeli scientists say one should be ready for testing within weeks.

Agree, that this virus has the potential to undo all the good work done to bring, no, drag the US economy to it's present state from The Appeaser In Chief's wasted two terms.

But I'm still of the opinion, no matter what, Americans will not put a commo in the WH.

His prediction is correct - the US voters will not a commo in the White House because neither major candidate will be a commo.

Bloomberg says he nearly eliminated stop-and-frisk as mayor. But he fought for it to the end.
When a federal judge ruled that the police department's use of stop-and-frisk violated minorities' rights and ordered oversight by a court-appointed monitor, Bloomberg — a lifelong Democrat who became a Republican to run for mayor and switched to independent while in office — vowed to keep stop-and-frisk going through his final days in office. When the council voted to enact the reform measures, he vetoed them, called them "dangerous to the city" and tried to sink attempts to override the veto.

"He fought us every single step of the way," recalled Jumaane Williams, a Democrat who at the time was a City Council member pushing the reforms. He is now the city's public advocate. "Everywhere we turned, the mayor and people who supported him kept telling everyone that we were going to handicap the police department and destroy the city."
AOC finds his apology for this practice very unconvincing. It wasn't like he had doubts about it for a long time and eventually decided that it was not worth doing. "I thought I was being tough on crime. But all that I did was poison race relations even more."

Something like Supreme Course Justice Hugo Black. He started out as a member of the Ku Klux Klan, because he hoped that doing so would improve his career prospects. But he insisted that he was always law-abiding, that he was not involved in KKK terrorism. Much later in his life, when he was in the Supreme Court, he was involved in some important civil-rights decisions.

He started off wearing white robes and scaring black people, and he ended up wearing black robes and scaring white people.

Black South Carolinians To Candidates: Quit Pandering | FiveThirtyEight
Most of the Democratic candidates spoke at Mount Moriah Missionary Baptist Church, a predominantly black church in North Charleston, South Carolina, on Feb. 26.

Before the event, FiveThirtyEight’s Galen Druke talked to some attendees and heard a common refrain: Quit pandering.

Young Democrats Have Rejected Biden — And It Could Cost Him The Nomination | FiveThirtyEight

Election Update: Biden Surges In South Carolina | FiveThirtyEight

I wonder if any of them attempted a blaccent like Hillary did in Alabama.

Kind of contradictory. Not necessarily logically but in the message - Biden is ascendant vs. Biden is in trouble. We shall know more on Saturday night. If he doesn't win by at least 5 points, he should drop out and endorse Bloomberg. If Biden wins by 10 points or more, Bloomberg should drop out and endorse Biden. Between 5 and 10 is more tricky, but one thing is clear - if the moderates want to beat Bernie, they need to stop splitting the vote.

His prediction is correct - the US voters will not a commo in the White House because neither major candidate will be a commo.

Which has been pointed out many, many, many times. Won't stop his "four legs good, two legs bad" bleating however.

I read an interesting interview with a latino voter in Nevada ... when asked why he voted for Bernie he said that Bernie was the only candidate running ads in Spanish so he was literally the only candidate latino voters saw on their TV's giving any sort of shit about them.

Immigrants who originally speak languages other than Spanish don't get ads in their native tongues either. Besides, if you become citizen, you should know English anyway and thus regular ads in English should be speaking to you as much as to any other American. This Spandering is really going on my nerves!

How sad that you missed the entire point of the story in your drive towards tribalism. I hope Trump thinks the same way :)

Which has been pointed out many, many, many times. Won't stop his "four legs good, two legs bad" bleating however.

You guys need to be more tolerant of angelo. I find him to be a constant and very pleasant reminder that the US has no monopoly on willful ignorance, science denial and paranoid bigotry.

CNN this morning had a chyron CAN EITHER THE CORONAVIRUS OR SANDERS BE STOPPED? I saw it myself and did a double take.

I watched a later interview with a Sander's campaign staffer, and they played 2 clips attacking Sanders and asked her to comment. Immediately after, they had Clyburn on and asked him to comment on a long clip of Biden emotionally talking about promising his dying son he'd promise to continue fighting for corporate interests us humble commoners.

Apparently Clyburn has over $1 million in donations from pharmaceuticals in the past decade, according to the Charleston Post And Courier. No doubt that didn't affect his decision to endorse the candidate that doesn't threaten his corporate donor base. And according to CNN exit polling, 47% of voters today said the Clyburn endorsement influenced their decision. Woe betide anyone running in SC on behalf of Americans bankrupted by medical bills.

CNN this morning had a chyron CAN EITHER THE CORONAVIRUS OR SANDERS BE STOPPED?
Found it:
coronabernie.jpg

I saw it myself and did a double take.
I know, right?! Coronavirus will probably be over by the Summer, but a Sanders presidency will last 4 years, and has the potential to be much more devastating.
His fracking ban alone: Industry group warns fracking ban could cost 7.5M jobs in US

I watched a later interview with a Sander's campaign staffer,
Sanders' campaign staffer. "Sander's" means belonging or pertaining to somebody named Sander.

Last edited:
Coronavirus will probably be over by the Summer

That's so reassuring. Too bad you're not in charge of the CDC or NIH.
Oh wait - you wouldn't be allowed to talk if you were.
Never mind...

CNN this morning had a chyron CAN EITHER THE CORONAVIRUS OR SANDERS BE STOPPED? I saw it myself and did a double take.

I watched a later interview with a Sander's campaign staffer, and they played 2 clips attacking Sanders and asked her to comment. Immediately after, they had Clyburn on and asked him to comment on a long clip of Biden emotionally talking about promising his dying son he'd promise to continue fighting for corporate interests us humble commoners.

Apparently Clyburn has over $1 million in donations from pharmaceuticals in the past decade, according to the Charleston Post And Courier. No doubt that didn't affect his decision to endorse the candidate that doesn't threaten his corporate donor base. And according to CNN exit polling, 47% of voters today said the Clyburn endorsement influenced their decision. Woe betide anyone running in SC on behalf of Americans bankrupted by medical bills.

I stopped watching CNN a couple weeks ago. They are too negative on Bernie.

For me CNN are the least worst, and that’s a very low bar to clear. They are at least at the Bargaining stage of grief over Sanders being the frontrunner. MSNBC are still at Anger.

Back
Top Bottom