• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

DeSantis Flies Immigrants to Martha Vineyard

Of all the possible places, Martha's Vineyard is probably the best place for refugees as far as service and funds that could be made available. Most of the homes of Martha's Vineyard are only 2nd vacation residences of the ultra elite who would be in a position to more than afford to help refugees if they wanted to loan out their property. After how we saw they reacted.... I guess these people are really not so commpassionate after all. DeSantis was right about them.
Except they did show up, did support the refugees, even donated to their cause. So you are fucking wrong... again.
The national guard did not show up to transport all them off the island within 36 hours?

yes. They came to rescue them from the island, which I used to live within 20 miles from, that is a tiny tourist spot with no support facilities... and they were moved to another location within the same state where they were also welcomed with open arms, but with the services available to feed and house them.
That's "owning the libs", is it?
Were they given a choice?

Hypocrisy with a dose of racism thrown in for good measure. "Send them back to Africa" - where have we heard that before? Derec is anything but subtle.
Bullshit, as always. Rwanda was used as an example because of a real plan in Europe.
Just because there is an African country mentioned, does not make it "racism".
By itself, perhaps not. But in the context of a wider picture where you habitually attempt to dehumanize black people who are the victims of police violence by digging up their past misdeeds, dehumanize the relatives of the victims of police violence as greedy, opportunistic scam artists, dehumanize black people by posting material to tell us black people are stupid (remember your post about the Gorilla glue?), dehumanize black people by complaining about how many children they have and how many women they sleep with, and regularly defend the excessive use of police force, including murder against black people, it doesn't take an expert to understand what you are talking about when you say "Send them back to Africa". There is nothing subtle about the prejudice in your posts.

I ahve to agree in priciple.

The border situaion is insane and out of control. There is no way to provide suport on such a scale, yet democrts do nothing, VP Harris siad 'the border is secure;. A this point my only conclusion is that the democrats want an iflux of non whites to cnage the power balance.

Yexas and the pole living on the borer are going throuh a lot of pain with the endless flood.

The last governor of Ca said on national TV that Ca welomes illegal immigrants.

I am not a conservativee, but if I were governor of Texas I'd be dumping immigrants in democratic cities to make a point. The illegal immigrants are very much being dumpoed on Texas.

Stating te obvious. If yiu are qustioning what Texas and Florida re doing what are you not questioning the border policy which the left seems to want as is. The policy at the root of the issues.
You may not be conservative, but it appears you've bought the conservative narrative that the border was just hunky dory until Biden became President and implemented an "open borders" policy, effectively removing any impediments from crossing said border. To hear the right wing tell it, the mighty wall has been torn down, the checkpoints are unmanned, and the Border Patrol is no longer allowed to intercept migrants, but instead are spending their days watching "woke" Disney movies instead of doing their jobs.
Are you saying that Trump did not really want a border wall built? I might agree he did shit about actually getting his wall built. But I would not agree that he ever made any statements against wanting to build it.
Trump never wanted anything for America... he only wants for himself... while immigration topics were a political hot button, he exploited it for his own popularity with his base and donations revenue stream... a revenue stream that put Bannon in jail for fraud, and the Trump organization and family are next to be indicted for the same "build the wall" fraud that bannon was convicted of.

Of all the possible places, Martha's Vineyard is probably the best place for refugees as far as service and funds that could be made available. Most of the homes of Martha's Vineyard are only 2nd vacation residences of the ultra elite who would be in a position to more than afford to help refugees if they wanted to loan out their property. After how we saw they reacted.... I guess these people are really not so commpassionate after all. DeSantis was right about them.
Except they did show up, did support the refugees, even donated to their cause. So you are fucking wrong... again.
The national guard did not show up to transport all them off the island within 36 hours?

yes. They came to rescue them from the island, which I used to live within 20 miles from, that is a tiny tourist spot with no support facilities... and they were moved to another location within the same state where they were also welcomed with open arms, but with the services available to feed and house them.

They CHOSE to flee their native countries and apply for asylum/refugee status in the US.
They CHOSE to sign a deceptive assent agreement based on what they were told it said, and what would happen if they signed.
They had NO CHOICE about where they landed.
You and I have no idea if any wanted to or had the choice to refuse getting on the bus with the rest of their group.
Why is that germane?

the Trump organization and family are next to be indicted for the same "build the wall" fraud that bannon was convicted of.

That reminds me ... what about INDIVIDUAL ONE of Stormy Daniels cover-up conspiracy fame? You know, the one for which Michael Cohen went to jail for executing Trump's crime at Trump's direction?

They CHOSE to flee their native countries and apply for asylum/refugee status in the US.
They CHOSE to sign a deceptive assent agreement based on what they were told it said, and what would happen if they signed.
You and I have no idea if any wanted to or had the choice to refuse getting on the bus with the rest of their group.
Why is that germane?
Huh? Were they simply told that there were services elsewhere if they wanted them? Or did the nice people of Martha's Vinyard say: "You gotta get out of here"? What choice did the migrants have when the National Guard arrived?

Why is that germane?
Huh? Were they simply told that there were services elsewhere if they wanted them? Or did the nice people of Martha's Vinyard say: "You gotta get out of here"? What choice did the migrants have when the National Guard arrived?
Are you being deliberately dense?

Guess I've gotta dumb it way down for you:

DeSantis sent them to Martha's Vineyard to fuck with them/score political points.

The residents helped them, and the proper authorities transported them (without subterfuge and bullshit) to somewhere they could receive further assistance.

One of these things is not like the other.

FdIfQ9QWAAAt_CV

I don't speak spanish but I can see a few obvious questions to Oleg's supposed ironclad argument that clearly "pwns" the libs.

1)Is this genuine? I'm guessing no as FOX News, the WSJ or even NEWSMAX are proclaiming this

2)Why are there 3 English paragraphs and only two Spanish paragraphs? Were the statement translated in good faith?

3)Why is after the signatures there is a paragraph in Spanish? is it legally binding? Was this explained to the people who signed this? What was the intent of this form considering this?

I'm sure Oleg can answer these and not be a dick about this.
This was released by DeSantis.

There are three paragraphs in English and Spanish.

The paragraph after the singature line is the third paragraph of the English.

It's clear they were told the flight would be to a santuary state: "Place of Departure," TX/Texas; "Place of Arrival," MA/Massachusetts.

That's what they got.

Why is that germane?

DeSantis sent them to Martha's Vineyard to fuck with them/score political points.

The residents helped them, and the proper authorities transported them (without subterfuge and bullshit) to somewhere they could receive further assistance.

Did they have a choice to stay or go? This isn't a hard question, dude.

Why is that germane?

Have you stopped molesting children? Yes, or No... it isn't a hard question. Why are you avoiding it?
Here is some homework for you... read about logical validity... and also the phrase "not even wrong", to help you grasp it.

Like it's hard to grasp how fucking ridiculous it is that we have a plane full of trafficking kidnapping victims, and people are making every attempt to hand-wave that away.

There should just be no walking away from setting up and executing a scheme to kidnap 50 people.

It's not a difficult calculus: would you sue someone who did this to you?

The answer is a resounding YES.

Everyone who falls victim to a scam has a choice. What they didn't have was enough information to make an informed choice. These people were deliberately misled. Hence the uproar and criminal investigation.

read about logical validity... and also the phrase "not even wrong", to help you grasp it.

"Grasping it" is not an objective of any propagandist.
It doesn't matter what the propagandist thinks, only what he can cause YOU to think.
If he only causes you to think "this propagandist is a low-grade moron", so be it. Could be worse;
at least you didn't conclude that the propagandist was a malicious actor.

Like it's hard to grasp how fucking ridiculous it is that we have a plane full of trafficking kidnapping victims, and people are making every attempt to hand-wave that away.

There should just be no walking away from setting up and executing a scheme to kidnap 50 people.
Ah, but you see...for folks like Abbott, DeSantis, and (apparently) Oleg and Derec, these were not people. They were "illegals." Brown people who speak Spanish and didn't get an engraved invitation to come to the US are sub-human to these assholes. As such, mistreating them is fine. There are folks on the right wing who think "illegals" should be shot on sight and left to rot in the desert. Because...you know..."pro-life."

It's not a hard question to ask. Nor is it hard to answer. Yes, they had a choice. Just like Mr. Trump had a choice when he spoke to the insurrectionists or when he was deciding what to take with him out of the office upon leaving. The difference between this choice and Mr. Trump's choices is whether these immigrants should have understood their choice.

Everyone who falls victim to a scam has a choice. What they didn't have was enough information to make an informed choice. These people were deliberately misled. Hence the uproar and criminal investigation.
I think Oleg means like how a rape victim had the choice to either leave their house or stay in... they just made a bad choice and got raped.

I think Oleg means like how a rape victim had the choice to either leave their house or stay in... they just made a bad choice and got raped.

I think he might be of the philosophy
“when life gives you lemons, STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM MY LEMONADE!!“

From ZiprHead's inlined tweet: The smoking gun in Martha's Vineyard - by Judd Legum
Popular Information has obtained documentary evidence that migrants from Venezuela were provided with false information to convince them to board flights chartered by Florida Governor Ron DeSantis (R). The documents suggest that the flights were not just a callous political stunt but potentially a crime.

... But many of the migrants told reporters that they were misled about the nature of the flights. Several migrants told NPR they were told the flight was going to Boston, not Martha's Vineyard. According to the migrants, a woman who identified herself as Perla also said that, if they traveled to Boston, they could receive "expedited work papers."
Seems like fraud. However, "DeSantis has been adamant that the migrants were not misled."
Popular Information, however, has obtained a brochure that was provided to the migrants who ultimately agreed to the flights. It was provided to Popular Information by Lawyers for Civil Rights (LCR), a Boston-based legal organization that represents 30 of the migrants. The brochure says that migrants who arrive in Massachusetts will be eligible for numerous benefits, including "8 months cash assistance," "assistance with housing," "food," "clothing," "transportation to job interviews," "job training," "job placement," "registering children for school," "assistance applying for Social Security cards," and many other benefits.

None of this, however, is true.

The brochure, which is crudely designed to resemble a government document, does not explain that these benefits described are only available to specially designated refugees.

According to some of the migrants, the benefits described in the brochure were also promised verbally by Perla to lure them onto the planes chartered by DeSantis. “[T]hey told us that they were going to help us with the rent, to get a job, that was the only option left to us,” one migrant, Eduardo Linares, told the Texas Tribune. (Linares ultimately declined to board the flight.)
The brochure - regardless of who made it - clearly states in English and Spanish that it is for refugees. And the programs listed are legit.
"Refugee" has a specific legal definition. These people do not fall under that definition therefore do not qualify for refugee benefits. Another lie by the DeSatan regime.

Back
Top Bottom