• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Did you take a class in critical race theory?

Did you take a class in Critical Race Theory?

• Total voters
Okay, now it all makes sense. There was some asshole from the Heritage Foundation on Tucker Carlson's White Power Hour this past week telling all sorts of lies about CRT and how this college level legal course is being introduced in elementary schools and now the rubes who lapped that shit up are now almost rioting at school board meetings across the country. I assume that's where Trausti got his lines of bullshit that he's spreading here.

Okay, now it all makes sense. There was some asshole from the Heritage Foundation on Tucker Carlson's White Power Hour this past week telling all sorts of lies about CRT and how this college level legal course is being introduced in elementary schools and now the rubes who lapped that shit up are now almost rioting at school board meetings across the country. I assume that's where Trausti got his lines of bullshit that he's spreading here.

They distributed a propaganda toolkit promoted by Fox News & Friends. To see its contents I downloaded the pdf and gave a description to the thread in post#35.

Critical Race Theory is a classic example of a shibboleth--an expression that identifies the group that the speaker belongs to. This one is a far right shibboleth that seems to have been resurrected in reaction to the popularity of the term "systemic racism". That expression has been used a lot in connection with the academic theory known as CRT, so now "systemic racism" can be rebranded as some kind of obscure academic theory that is being pushed out warp the minds of children in grade school, even though there is no evidence of anyone actually trying to promote CRT. But it can be used to attack the longstanding practice of sensitivity training in workplaces and schools. CRT, as I understand it, opposes the idea that the worth of a person should be based on racial identity, but the right wing propaganda mill is spinning it as a theory that teaches exactly that. That is, it teaches children that white people are to be blamed for racist behavior, and that people of color are somehow better than whites. Because CRT is portrayed as an inherently racist policy that victimizes white people and indoctrinates children, it becomes a weapon aimed at those who oppose systemic racism. What follows are hysterical reactions in school board meetings against nonexistent educational policies that are mistakenly branded "Critical Race Theory". Republicans are gearing this one up as a major front in their side of the culture war. I expect a lot of folks on the left to react by starting to defend CRT, even though it really is a manufactured controversy. Most people who use the term are right wing ideologues and social media trolls.

:lol:

Insn't this that same clown that drew doctors and nurses dancing right outside the room of some grandma that died of COVID? What a jackass.

Ah. The OP. Nope, and what little i do know is picked up from actual experts on twitter, news clips, etc. But even an hour of research shows that these panicked fragile white right-wingers have no clue whatsoever, and are yet again spending time and money on handful of grifters.

When you start with bullshit, it doesn't get any better at the end.

What do you think the result of all this anti-White racism will be? White identitarianism gonna be a thing. And you helped create it.

Ha ha ha, you bought the Fox news bullshit hook line, and sinker. No wonder you dodged so many questions in this thread. They only thing you know about CRT you learned from bullshit spreaders on your tv screen and they made you look like a moron.

What makes you think he does?

If you don't know who this guy is, then you have little knowledge of CRT.

Or, more to the point, if we don’t know that guy, than your boogie man is under fewer beds than you thought.

You’re trying to tell us all that this “CRT curriculum” is in “all the schools” and being “forced on American children!”
And your proof is bringing up these ameteur youtubes and unrelated “spokespeople” that are examples whose relevance is landing like rotten pumpkins.

No, your boogie man is not under every bed. Your boogeyman is not powerful.
Your boogie man is kind of obscure and not widely relevant.

We can see why the untruthful right likes to manufacture fear with their catch phrases and their boogie men. Everyone can see them rather desperately try to erect a new effigy every year or so, THIS is the new left thing you should be terrified of!

And yet here we are with Trausti lamenting, ‘if you don’t know my boogey-man, then you don’t know much abou this thing that I was telling you is just everywhere!

Ooops. Indeed. It’s not everywhere, is it.

What makes you think he does?

If you don't know who this guy is, then you have little knowledge of CRT.

Or, more to the point, if we don’t know that guy, than your boogie man is under fewer beds than you thought.

You’re trying to tell us all that this “CRT curriculum” is in “all the schools” and being “forced on American children!”
And your proof is bringing up these ameteur youtubes and unrelated “spokespeople” that are examples whose relevance is landing like rotten pumpkins.

We can see why the untruthful right likes to manufacture fear with their catch phrases and their boogie men. Everyone can see them rather desperately try to erect a new effigy every year or so, THIS is the new left thing your should be terrified of!

And yet hear we are with Trausti lamenting, ‘if you don’t know my boogey-man, then you don’t know much abou this thing that I was telling you is just everywhere!

What's untruthful is pretending that this isn't being pushed in schools.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YWuD9RwJD4[/YOUTUBE]

Ultimately this is about imposing a political viewpoint on a captive audience. If Christian fundamentalist were attempting to do this, I suspect you'd raise objection. But because if fits your politics, you're okay with it.

We can see why the untruthful right likes to manufacture fear with their catch phrases and their boogie men. Everyone can see them rather desperately try to erect a new effigy every year or so, THIS is the new left thing your should be terrified of!

And yet hear we are with Trausti lamenting, ‘if you don’t know my boogey-man, then you don’t know much abou this thing that I was telling you is just everywhere!

Ultimately this is about imposing a political viewpoint on a captive audience. If Christian fundamentalist were attempting to do this, I suspect you'd raise objection. But because if fits your politics, you're okay with it.
Is there a white snowflake site where you can find all of these examples of people making unsubstantiated and sometimes irrational claims?

That child feels left out and that he has done something wrong because the principal in a speech didn't mention anyone who looked like him. Wow. If his story is true, then I have a little sympathy for him but for some reason neither he thought that might be how thousands of minority children have felt for decades.

Finally, and more importantly, public schools have been pushing political viewpoints on children forever. The only problem some people have is that they don't like what they think is the current viewpoint.

There is no neutral viewpoint in education. The decisions on what topics to cover and how to cover them are inherently political in nature.

Do I think there are schools or teachers that overdue it? Of course - but that is true regardless of the political viewpoint that is being promulgated.

But for some reason, pointing out or pushing the notion that minorities count for as much and are as important as the majority is getting the majority group in a fucking lather.

Critical Race Theory

Critical Race Theory (CRT) is a framework that offers researchers, practitioners, and policy-makers a race-conscious approach to understanding educational inequality and structural racism to find solutions that lead to greater justice. Placing race at the center of analysis, Critical Race Theory scholars interrogate policies and practices that are taken for granted to uncover the overt and covert ways that racist ideologies, structures, and institutions create and maintain racial inequality.

Everything is racist. Really. Every. Fucking. Thing.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1406804138831265797[/TWEET]

Is there a white snowflake site where you can find all of these examples of people making unsubstantiated and sometimes irrational claims?

That child feels left out and that he has done something wrong because the principal in a speech didn't mention anyone who looked like him. Wow. If his story is true, then I have a little sympathy for him but for some reason neither he thought that might be how thousands of minority children have felt for decades.

Finally, and more importantly, public schools have been pushing political viewpoints on children forever. The only problem some people have is that they don't like what they think is the current viewpoint.

There is no neutral viewpoint in education. The decisions on what topics to cover and how to cover them are inherently political in nature.

Do I think there are schools or teachers that overdue it? Of course - but that is true regardless of the political viewpoint that is being promulgated.

But for some reason, pointing out or pushing the notion that minorities count for as much and are as important as the majority is getting the majority group in a fucking lather.

YOU probably have most of your working life behind you, while this kid is in the trenches.

YOU probably have most of your working life behind you, while this kid is in the trenches.

I suspect that lg is one of the self-flagellants. He can't understand why the evil White boy just won't take the whip.

Reminder: Conservatives, please feel free to click Yes to the op question for any youtube or tiktok classes you took on CRT. For example, a special dispensation has been awarded to conservatives after Trausti posted his "educational" video in post#39. So you can click Yes and name this video as the source of your "class."

Back
Top Bottom