• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

DNC Leaks

I think you mean "move backward slower than faster", and that's a matter of opinion in the first place.

You don't vote for some dangerous insane jerk because the only other choice is not much different from Obama.

Is that why you're refusing to vote for Stein?

My vote is a vote AGAINST Trump, a sick monstrosity of a human being, and it is a vote to best defeat Trump.

That means it is a vote for Hillary, who is not a digression from Obama in any significant way.

BTW: I think that Obama will go down in history as a great president. He returned the economy to normal,
Seven years of Zero interest rates is normal??? No growth in income for the vast majority is normal?
reduced our military footprint in the ME somewhat,
By using drones?
started the pivot to Asia,
Which has yet to be shown to be a success
and just brought calmness to the country.
Sure...now returned servicemen turn into snipers and kill police

- - - Updated - - -

I asked you for evidence, and all you have is that he threatened ISIS who first threatened America.
You lose.
You fail. You can't compare that to all recent Presidents.
Trump is awful , but the warmonger you support is worse!

I lose what?

To convince you?

Who gives a shit?

Trump is a despicable monstrosity of a human being.

Nothing he says can be trusted and most of it is provable lies.

He is by far the worst and most dangerous presidential candidate in 100 years.

The US should be ashamed that some of it's people have nominated him.

The world is laughing at them.

the US should be ashamed of all the women and children it has killed in unprovoked attacks.

You lose and you fail because you could not come up with evidence but you dug your heels in anyway

I think you mean "move backward slower than faster", and that's a matter of opinion in the first place.

You don't vote for some dangerous insane jerk because the only other choice is not much different from Obama.

My vote is a vote AGAINST Trump, a sick monstrosity of a human being, and it is a vote to best defeat Trump.

That means it is a vote for Hillary, who is not a digression from Obama in any significant way.

And this is how someone who likes to present himself as some sort of radical acts to change the system.

At least I actually follow through with my own radicalism. I may not be happy with the Johnson/Weld ticket, but I'm going to vote for it. If you meant anything you wrote you'd be voting for Stein. You're voting for Hillary.

Seven years of Zero interest rates is normal??? No growth in income for the vast majority is normal?
Well compared to 500,000 jobs lost a month, it certainly is an improvement, and the US hasn't seen much in wage growth for a couple of decades. Oddly enough, the W tax cuts did not usher in economic utopia.
started the pivot to Asia,
Which has yet to be shown to be a success.
Diplomacy takes time.
All of them! Our nation sees thousands dying every day from sniper fire. Total chaos and that sort of shit.

And this is how someone who likes to present himself as some sort of radical acts to change the system.
That change can start with SCOTUS.
At least I actually follow through with my own radicalism.
And we really admired you for that.
I may not be happy with the Johnson/Weld ticket, but I'm going to vote for it. If you meant anything you wrote you'd be voting for Stein. You're voting for Hillary.
A vote for anything other than Clinton is a vote that normalizes the vile worldview he has pushed forward and the sickening attitude regarding race, religion, and political affiliation his base shares. I am much less against Trump than I am so completely against what his base want to change our nation into.

And while I applaud your pureness in political ideology, when your vote doesn't change anything, and your nation turns to shit... just how long can you feel self-righteous by telling yourself, "Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos."?

At least I actually follow through with my own radicalism. I may not be happy with the Johnson/Weld ticket, but I'm going to vote for it. If you meant anything you wrote you'd be voting for Stein. You're voting for Hillary.

The only way that Libertarians like you will effect positive change is by stealing Republican votes like Ross Perot did so that we can get a partial Bernie platform into the Presidency.

Change the system?

At this moment?

Not going to happen in an instant.

But not allowing the system to regress towards religious ignorance is possible this election.

I lose what?

To convince you?

Who gives a shit?

Trump is a despicable monstrosity of a human being.

Nothing he says can be trusted and most of it is provable lies.

He is by far the worst and most dangerous presidential candidate in 100 years.

The US should be ashamed that some of it's people have nominated him.

The world is laughing at them.

the US should be ashamed of all the women and children it has killed in unprovoked attacks.

You lose and you fail because you could not come up with evidence but you dug your heels in anyway

Non-sequitur.

The violence Obama is dealing with and the next president will deal with are the after shocks of the US terrorist attack of the Iraqi people.

It led to the growth of ISIS and we are still dealing with that menace.

The violence Obama is dealing with and the next president will deal with are the after shocks of the US terrorist attack of the Iraqi people.

Obama is dealing out violence not dealing with it.

Obama Has Bombed Twice as Many Countries as Bush

The only thing you could find that he did more of than Bush is number of countries.

Bush's insane invasion of Iraq was the catalyst to massive violence and the rise of ISIS.

I don't agree with Obama's foreign policy or his terrorist drone program.

But it is in response to an insane and unneeded US invasion and decade long occupation.

Over 100,000 and upwards of 250,000 Iraqis died due to both the instability the W Admin caused and willfully ignored in Iraq. Well over a million Iraqis were displaced due to the sectarian violence and failure of the W Admin to even really recognize it.

So enough of this technicality and lying via statistics bullshit. The Neocons destabilized the area and then pretended it wasn't destabilized until 2007 while over 100,000 Iraqis were killed and 10,000 American troops were killed or maimed.

This isn't a contest. It was never contested. Obama isn't a warmonger. Obama isn't destroying the world. He inherited a broken Middle East.

The only thing you could find that he did more of than Bush is number of countries.

Bush's insane invasion of Iraq was the catalyst to massive violence and the rise of ISIS.

But it is in response to an insane and unneeded US invasion and decade long occupation.

Bullshit. Drones are killing civilians in Pakistan and North Africa. You can't absolve Obama.

- - - Updated - - -

Over 100,000 and upwards of 250,000 Iraqis died due to both the instability the W Admin caused and willfully ignored in Iraq. Well over a million Iraqis were displaced due to the sectarian violence and failure of the W Admin to even really recognize it.

So enough of this technicality and lying via statistics bullshit. The Neocons destabilized the area and then pretended it wasn't destabilized until 2007 while over 100,000 Iraqis were killed and 10,000 American troops were killed or maimed.

This isn't a contest. It was never contested. Obama isn't a warmonger. Obama isn't destroying the world. He inherited a broken Middle East.

Obama is a warmonger. He deals with problems by dropping bombs and sending drones ans giving away weapons.

This is what warmongers do.

Bullshit. Drones are killing civilians in Pakistan and North Africa. You can't absolve Obama.

Absolve him of what?

He is committing crimes.

But he is above the law. Like Trump will be too.

And I do believe Hillary will carry out the same crimes Obama has carried out, I am not willing to bet on what crimes Trump will find necessary.

Obama is a warmonger. He deals with problems by dropping bombs and sending drones ans giving away weapons.

This is what warmongers do.
Uh huh. Nice, labels and stuff. Fact of the matter remains, civilians displaced/killed because of Obama << W Admin.

What evidence do you have that trump will be a warmonger like recent Presidents. Indications i have seen are he will be the least of the warmongers.

So I'm curious what evidence you rely on?

You are definitely a Trump man, I can see by the way you toss simplistic labels on people based on a simplistic world view. Bush took us into perpetual war with the simplistic idea that all the bad guys in the middle east should be taken out.

Warmonger? Trump has said he will destroy ISIS and also go after their families.

But that isn't even the real scary part about Trump and his complete ignorance of the world we live in. Trump has bragged that he could learn all he needs to know about Nuclear warfare in about 30 minutes. That alone should disqualify him from being president and anyone who doesn't understand why is just as ignorant as he is.

The world is in a situation right now that is not unlike the situation the world was in prior to WWI. The world blundered into war then because several of their leaders didn't understand the full geo-political picture. They also didn't understand the technological implications and advances in warfare.

Today there are many complicated political, religious, ethnic and traditional alliances in which many of the participants have nuclear capability. There are 8 countries in the world with a viable nuclear arsenal, with one country (North Korea) with a few nukes but not yet a viable delivery system. Any of the 8 counties have an arsenal capable of, at the least, setting of a worldwide catastrophe that could kill over a billion people, and at worst destroy humanity.

Stabilization is key to the world's survival and Trump has made it clear that he does not understand that. You claim others are ignoring history? That's rich. World war II in Europe happened mainly because of appeasement. NATO is essential to stabilization in Europe, Putin wants NATO weakened so he can continue to take back territories and satellites of the old Soviet Union.

Trump has no allies in this. EVERYONE who has knowledge of the situation has said that Trumps suggestion of weakening NATO is a critical mistake. The republicans think they will be able to control him if he's elected. Like they have controlled him so far?

Your man Trump has shown he is incapable of learning anything because he is so smart. So very very smart. So far during this year that he's been running he has not shown that he knows ANYTHING that would be required of a president.

I'd probably place the blame for that on whoever got us into more wars than we had the military to comfortably cover. Piddle-poor rotations, involuntary extensions, overwhelmed VA facilities...

But really, the only way to prevent ANY of our soldiers from acting out when they come back is to keep them in the theater until they're dead. A practice I would assume you'd also take issue with?

I found this rather disturbing, but not surprising. Political parties first and foremost exist to protect their own privilege, hence the existence of super delegates and such.

I'm not like some others that are accusing the Trump campaign of collusion with the Russians. I do think the Russians are manipulating our democratic process for their own benefit, in that they know that Trump's policies are more friendly to them than Clintons, and that Trump is so ignorant that he would be much easier to manipulate in the long run.

The DNC's behavior here is reprehensible though, considering the stakes are a Trump presidency. Normally, I would say let the repercussions of this fall as they may, but with a Trump presidency looming on the horizon, I still have to vote for Hillary. Shame on the DNC for putting me in this position, though.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

You need to break your two party system, or at least take over the two political parties to make them more democratic than being private clubs where this can happen without redoing the primary.

I found this rather disturbing, but not surprising. Political parties first and foremost exist to protect their own privilege, hence the existence of super delegates and such.

I'm not like some others that are accusing the Trump campaign of collusion with the Russians. I do think the Russians are manipulating our democratic process for their own benefit, in that they know that Trump's policies are more friendly to them than Clintons, and that Trump is so ignorant that he would be much easier to manipulate in the long run.

The DNC's behavior here is reprehensible though, considering the stakes are a Trump presidency. Normally, I would say let the repercussions of this fall as they may, but with a Trump presidency looming on the horizon, I still have to vote for Hillary. Shame on the DNC for putting me in this position, though.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

You need to break your two party system, or at least take over the two political parties to make them more democratic than being private clubs where this can happen without redoing the primary.

I hear this quite a bit. I used to agree, but now I'm not so sure. The UK has more than two parties, sure, but do they really? Australia does too, but I notice in many countries where there are more than two parties, there really are only two that end up duking it out and winning. I'm not very knowledgeable about foreign politics, so perhaps I'm completely wrong. We whine here incessantly (myself included) about how unfair the primaries are, but most democratic countries don't have primaries, and they have a lot of the same complaints we do.

What I find I hate most isn't our government, it's our people. We're getting the government we deserve. An overused trope to be sure, but now it appears all too accurate. I used to think like Bill Maher, that Americans for the most part are fundamentally stupid. I got into that attitude after Bush won a second term. I finally started to feel better about the US as a whole, then Trump happens, and honestly, I'm embarrassed to be an American. I don't want to be but damn, The two most hated politicians are tied right now, yet there really is only one choice. Even putting aside all the racism, reality show schtick, and isolationism, I cannot believe how many people are considering this man for president.

Look, if you still think Trump is just acting to get elected and that he will soften once in office - you're not a skeptic nor do you follow the evidence. This man is a joke, but a scary one in that he could taste real power. I honestly believe that there's more than a small chance that if Trump's elected it could literally mean the end of civilization.

What I find I hate most isn't our government, it's our people. We're getting the government we deserve.

True. Teh Donald trails among virtually every demographic except one: older white uneducated males. He trails with all minorities, women and even college educated white males. But today's poll shows him winning 48% to 45%. Seems that the majority of Americans are stupid and/or ignorant old white males.

Back
Top Bottom