• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Donald the Orange and Family Sued in NY

Donald Trump fined $5,000 for violating gag order in New York fraud trial and warned twice about imprisonment

Former President Donald Trump was fined $5,000 by a New York judge on Friday for violating a gag order not to speak about any members of the court staff – and was warned twice about possible imprisonment.

“Donald Trump has received ample warning from this Court as to the possible repercussions of violating the gag order. He specifically acknowledged that he understood and would abide by it,” Judge Arthur Engoron said in his order Friday.

“Accordingly, issuing yet another warning is not longer appropriate; this Court is way behind the ‘warning’ stage.”

Ooh, $5,000. That'll put the fear of god in him.
Five days in prison would be far more effective. Long enough to make him understand that he's not special, not above the law, and not immune from consequences; While being short enough that it would be difficult to claim that it was directly harmful to his election campaigning and fundraising efforts, or that it was a politically motivated attack on him personally (though of course, the usual suspects would claim those things regardless).

The only downside might be that he could be very popular with some of his fellow inmates and/or the prison guards, which might make his time inside less uncomfortable than it would otherwise be.

$5,000 is nothing; He can raise that in ten seconds on Twitter (or whatever the fuck it's called today).

I doubt he will ever go to a "prison" the secret service would have a hard time protecting him. It will probably be a house confinement at Mar-a-lago.

Which is no punishment at all.

I doubt he will ever go to a "prison" the secret service would have a hard time protecting him. It will probably be a house confinement at Mar-a-lago.

I don't get this argument. A prison is a controlled environment; It should be far easier for the Secret Service to protect a person who is in prison, than to protect him out in the open.

He'd probably need to be segregated from the general prison population, but that's a routine protection for prisoners who are credibly threatened by their fellow inmates.

I've heard the idea being floated that he spends his sentence in confinement at a military base if convicted.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

I will soon be leaving for Crooked Joe Biden's "Political Opponent Court" in Lower Manhattan. I have a very partisan and angry Judge, a Corrupt Attorney General, and am not allowed a Jury Trial under the Statute they have chosen to use (for the very first time ever!). The good news, that even the Fake News is seeing, is that the facts are ALL on my side! I BUILT A GREAT COMPANY, FAR BIGGER & STRONGER THAN ANYONE HAD ASSUMED! This is a RIGGED TRIAL, right out of a Banana Republic, but sadly, it gives the Republicans the right to do the same thing when we assume office...And remember, Crooked Joe Biden is the most CORRUPT (and Incompetent!) President in the history of the U.S., VERY FERTILE GROUND THERE, but very bad for our Country!

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

SleazeBag Attorney Michael Cohen, New York State's Primary Witness, ADMITTED TODAY THAT PRESIDENT TRUMP NEVER TOLD HIM TO INCREASE ASSET VALUES. He also got caught lying on numerous occasions. He was totally discredited, like a Perry Mason moment. The A.G. Witch Hunt should be dropped, immediately! FoxNews coverage was so inaccurate. Sad!

There's so much attention paid to four criminal indictments against this heinous sociopath, that a recent ruling in a civil proceeding might be overlooked:
Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron “has ordered cancellation of all [NYS] business [certificates] of ‘any entity [including the Trump Organization] controlled or beneficially owned by Donald J. Trump, Donald Trump, Jr, Eric Trump, Alan Weisselberg, & Jeffrey McConney. An independent receiver will manage the dissolutions" ...
. . . but not by richie rich Donald

Sounds like the legal docs they've submitted are akin with anti-evolution posts at IIDB.
It’s gotten to the point where the only loyerz he can hire are bottom of the class, bottom of the barrel clowns. He has like 2-3 “real” serious lawyers and an army of clowns. Judges don’t appreciate it.
At the end of the day, where Trump has failed is not in his ability to spot quality legal talent, but math.

Everyone - from the person trying to fight a traffic ticket, to the person getting divorced, to the corporation fighting a class action lawsuit - should be doing math. How much is this going to cost to hire a good lawyer to fight it vs how much is it going to cost if you lose?

Trump is akin to the "my cousin is a really good lawyer" type. Hey, Rudy Giuliani must be a good lawyer. He's famous! Sidney Powell won that high profile case I remember hearing about. She must be a good lawyer! Alina whatever her name is looks really good in a suit...she's gotta be good! I understand the appeal. In fact I made money in my old career marketing attorneys with the use of catchy jingles and (relatively) slick ads. Hey...that guy drives a Ferrari and has a catchy jingle. Everyone knows the phone number and the slogan! He's a winner!

At no point in this process has Trump (apparently) asked "how much is this going to cost me to fight it vs how much is it going to cost if I lose?" He's gone with the "high profile" attorneys over competency.

I don' t know about you, but I'd pick a competent attorney nobody's ever heard of over a famous litigator with a mixed record any day of the week. Because the famous one is going to get you a lot of coverage in the press, but the competent one is going to cover your ass.

That's just math.
Competent lawyers won't stick with Trump, because, for one thing, they would refuse to follow his importunate directives to file the same rejected arguments a third time. Trump was behind the refiling, I would bet.

I don't get this argument. A prison is a controlled environment; It should be far easier for the Secret Service to protect a person who is in prison, than to protect him out in the open.

He'd probably need to be segregated from the general prison population, but that's a routine protection for prisoners who are credibly threatened by their fellow inmates.
agreed--the arguments I initially remember hearing against imprisonment of the American ex-President were along the lines that it would be an undeservedly unpleasant assignment for the Secret Service agents.

agreed--the arguments I initially remember hearing against imprisonment of the American ex-President were along the lines that it would be an undeservedly unpleasant assignment for the Secret Service agents.
Meh. They get to go home at the end of each shift; And while on duty, their job is no more unpleasant (and presumably considerably better paid) than that of the prison guards they're working alongside.

They're not expected to wear prison jumpsuits, break rocks, or eat prison food. Only Donnie the Orange would have to do that.

Reactions: jab
My response would be "Suck it up, Buttercup."

Meanwhile Orange Psycho took to tearing into the judge again. At this point, Orange Psycho is simply milking his base for support and money, just like he did on January 6, intentionally going full illegal. Lets hope the judge simply keeps upping the ante. There is that final straw, even with Orange Psycho and his enablers.

"Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Writer Maggot Hagerman of the Failing New York Times wrote almost her entire FAKE story today about the Trump Hating Judge's Gag Order (They love to silence me!), rather than the Racist Attorney General's STAR witness chocking like a dog on the Witness Stand (Perry Mason?), and admitting that I NEVER asked him to do anything wrong. He also admitted that he lied to Congress Under Oath, AGAIN, brand new charges. THAT MEANS THEY NO LONGER HAVE A WITNESS, OR A CASE. She also failed to report that the Trump Hating Judge refuses to respect or accept the Appeals Court decision reversing him, a first! Maggot should focus her energies on Corrupt Prosecutors and Judges, whose hatred and bias is so great that they are unable to make a fair and reasonable decision. New York is crime ridden and dying, but I will save it in 2024... It can't come too fast!"

He's delusional.

He's delusional.
No. He's simply selfish, ruthless, narcissistic and ignorant. He knows what he's doing. He isn't just flipping out. He's milking the cash cow, the only thing he cares about. And if he ever decides to change and become something constructive we will certainly see it in his behavior. But don't hold your breath.

"Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Writer Maggot Hagerman of the Failing New York Times wrote almost her entire FAKE story today about the Trump Hating Judge's Gag Order (They love to silence me!), rather than the Racist Attorney General's STAR witness chocking like a dog on the Witness Stand (Perry Mason?), and admitting that I NEVER asked him to do anything wrong. He also admitted that he lied to Congress Under Oath, AGAIN, brand new charges. THAT MEANS THEY NO LONGER HAVE A WITNESS, OR A CASE. She also failed to report that the Trump Hating Judge refuses to respect or accept the Appeals Court decision reversing him, a first! Maggot should focus her energies on Corrupt Prosecutors and Judges, whose hatred and bias is so great that they are unable to make a fair and reasonable decision. New York is crime ridden and dying, but I will save it in 2024... It can't come too fast!"

He's delusional.
I have two dogs, and have never seen either of them chock.

It's funny how you can always tell the posts written by the orange idiot himself, and not some staffer, by the ridiculous spelling errors. The name calling too, but staffers are able to duplicate those just using the past labels the marmalade moron does.

Meh. They get to go home at the end of each shift; And while on duty, their job is no more unpleasant (and presumably considerably better paid) than that of the prison guards they're working alongside.

They're not expected to wear prison jumpsuits, break rocks, or eat prison food. Only Donnie the Orange would have to do that.
Prison environments are much more dangerous and more unpleasant than Mar a Lago. I get that having to spend your time around DJT is close to the top of the unpleasant scale but still. It would present a unique security risk to the former POTUS and to SS agents.

Prison environments are much more dangerous and more unpleasant than Mar a Lago.
True for the general population, but once again Trump will (would) get preferential treatment. In prison his standard of living will be higher than that of most Americans. The torture is that he won’t have people fawning over him for the first time in his life, and that will probably kill him.

Back
Top Bottom