• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Donald Trump vs. Mitch McConnell & Elaine Chao

lpetrich

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
@realDonaldTrump's post | Truth Social
Is McConnell approving all of these Trillions of Dollars worth of Democrat sponsored Bills, without even the slightest bit of negotiation, because he hates Donald J. Trump, and he knows I am strongly opposed to them, or is he doing it because he believes in the Fake and Highly Destructive Green New Deal, and is willing to take the Country down with him? In any event, either reason is unacceptable. He has a DEATH WISH. Must immediately seek help and advise from his China loving wife, Coco Chow!
Coco Chow???

Elaine Chao was born in Taipei, Taiwan: Capitalist China, not Communist China.
Conflicts of interest

As Secretary of Transportation, Chao appeared in at least a dozen interviews with her father, James, a shipping magnate with extensive business interests in China.[65] The Transportation Department's inspector general cited numerous instances where Chao's office helped promote her family's shipping business.[66]
with a lot of details.

I'm watching "Face the Nation" right now and they are talking about this. Rick Scott was asked what he thought about this and he keep deflecting and saying that Democrats are spending too much money, while avoiding the questions he's being asked. He keeps saying that we need to bring people together, but he won't even criticize the way that people like Trump and MTG are speaking about others.

Of course, it's also ironic that Florida will be asking for a huge amount of money to help rebuild after Ian. *sigh*

Is McConnell approving all of these Trillions of Dollars worth of Democrat sponsored Bills, without even the slightest bit of negotiation, because he hates Donald J. Trump, and he knows I am strongly opposed to them, or is he doing it because he believes in the Fake and Highly Destructive Green New Deal, and is willing to take the Country down with him? In any event, either reason is unacceptable. He has a DEATH WISH. Must immediately seek help and advise from his China loving wife, Coco Chow!
Coco Chow???

Conflicts of interest

As Secretary of Transportation, Chao appeared in at least a dozen interviews with her father, James, a shipping magnate with extensive business interests in China.[65] The Transportation Department's inspector general cited numerous instances where Chao's office helped promote her family's shipping business.[66]
with a lot of details.
Trump is such a piece of shit.

Coco Chow???

Conflicts of interest

with a lot of details.
He is and among his unforgivable acts is to make decent people need to defend Mitch McConnell and Elaine Chow.

Coco Chow???

Conflicts of interest

with a lot of details.
He is and among his unforgivable acts is to make decent people need to defend Mitch McConnell and Elaine Chow.
That is so funny and correct! I'm offended when he personally attacks a person far to my right that I don't even politically agree with! But he's a biased son of a bitch. And he really is biased against Asians. Asian hate crimes have been mostly due to his biased attacks.

Good. Let Trump destroy the party that has too gleefully accepted his presence. They had the chance to be rid of him and they chose not to take it, with Mitch himself at the lead of that. Now they can reap the consequences of keeping him in the party.

According to his daughter McConnell was playing for power. He sat on the fence with Trump knowing how corrupt Trump was because it suited his poical ambitions. The White House.

I have no more sympathy for McConnell than I do Trump. Another morally ambiguous Christian conservative who puts self above country.

According to his daughter McConnell was playing for power. He sat on the fence with Trump knowing how corrupt Trump was because it suited his poical ambitions. The White House.
If McConnell wanted the White House, he would have made a play for it years ago. He's got all the power right now and none of the scrutiny. Why would he give that up? He's a cunt, but the reason he's dangerous is that he's not stupid.

If McConnell wanted the White House, he would have made a play for it years ago. He's got all the power right now and none of the scrutiny. Why would he give that up? He's a cunt, but the reason he's dangerous is that he's not stupid.
I heard it said by a pundit the goal or dream of anyone in congress is the WH. Regardless of the probabilities.

Again from his own daughter, he was all about his own political power. As Trump got worse and worse McConnel tempered his spport and in the end unable to avoid the obvious remnoced the elction lies, but not veryt agessively.

Again from his own daughter, he was all about his own political power.
And he's got it. He is THE Republican guy in the senate. The Supreme Court is his creation. He's an established foundation in Kentucky. I suspect he'll have a massive say in who will replace McCarthy. He is one of the few Republicans who doesn't need a MAGA endorsement. For all intents and purposes he's an invulnerable Lord Littlefinger. No way is he going to give up all that power for 4-8 years of bullshit in the spotlight.

There is talk of McConnell having serious health problems—which may just be talk, but then, he’s 80. Health issues seem almost a given. I think he’s trying to survive what Trump has done to the Republican Party without actually acknowledging that Trump did not inspire so much as awaken and make mainstream the casual racism, sexism and Christofascism until it is an unfortunately major force in the political arena. In his defense, I don’t think Trump deliberately fomented christofacism—he seems unable and uninterested in looking even a millimeter beyond his own narrow self interests. I think if they were openly cannibals, he’d happily align with them so long as they brought crowds and money with them.

McConnell does seem interested in cementing his legacy ( see the USSC) and is smart enough to try to wrest control of the GOP from Trump’s grasp. Whether he is skilled enough to do so remains to be seen.

Coco Chow???

Conflicts of interest

with a lot of details.
There are two realities demonstrated by this post.
First, Donald Trump thinks everything is about him.
Second, the main requirement for a Republican in the 21st century is a poor and selective memory.

It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that Trump turns on the man who shielded him through two impeachment trials, except Republicans.

McConnell does seem interested in cementing his legacy ( see the USSC) and is smart enough to try to wrest control of the GOP from Trump’s grasp. Whether he is skilled enough to do so remains to be seen.

If it were just Trump, ole' Mitch might be able to pull the plane out of a nosedive, but it's not just Trump. The GOP has become the party of folks like Greene, Gaetz, Gosar, Boebert, and every other unsavory character who looked at Trump's rise to power and said "we can finally say the quiet part out loud." He's also facing the people in his own party who have more power than the freshman class of nut-cases. Folks like Graham and Cruz, as well as Trump's likely successor DeSantis. On top of that, there's the rabid base that bought into Trump's MAGA brand with everything they had and will rebel (perhaps even violently) to any attempt to wrest control of the party from Dear Leader.

When Trump called Cruz's wife ugly, Ted got back in his good graces by groveling. Graham got invited back to the golf course by doing the same. Will Mitch take the racist attack on his wife in stride and grovel before Trump? Maybe, but it wouldn't help him win back much of anything. Not only that, but there are Trump acolytes who are running far too close in the upcoming election. Here in AZ, the candidate who shares equal space on her placards with Trump is running neck and neck with the current Secretary of State for the governor's office, and Trump's full-on election denier candidate for that job is competitive. Even if the GOP doesn't take back Congress, they won't lose badly enough to reevaluate their tilt towards red hats and racism. If they do win the House, or Senate, or both?

Then it's not just the Republican Party in a nosedive. It's the country.

Well, it is one thing to disparage someone. But to use the term "Death Wish"? If any average American started sending messages to McConnell saying that, they'd get a visit from the acronym level justice departments. Yes, I know, it was only on Truth Social, so only ten thousands people had access to it... until the press published it. Why does the Press keep publishing his posts?! They don't publish mine.

Well, it is one thing to disparage someone. But to use the term "Death Wish"? If any average American started sending messages to McConnell saying that, they'd get a visit from the acronym level justice departments. Yes, I know, it was only on Truth Social, so only ten thousands people had access to it... until the press published it. Why does the Press keep publishing his posts?! They don't publish mine.
That's a difficult decision to make: Feed Trump's desire for attention/throw red meat to his cult or ensure that less rabid citizenry are informed about how deranged Trump is. At the risk of having some one of those acronym bureaus swooping down on me, I think we are all aware that we'd be safer from Trump if he succumbed to whatever illnesses he's maintaining with now. There would be an ugly fight to see who got to grab the reins but no one has the personality to maintain a cult like he does.

Undoubtedly using the words death wish might make McConnell a target.

It goes to show yet again Trump is probably mentally ill, crazy.

I believe Trump as an ex president is protected by the FBI and Secret Srcov from any public direct or vieled threats.

McConnell's daughter said he hated Trump, but went along for political gain. Fuck him.

Undoubtedly using the words death wish might make McConnell a target.

It goes to show yet again Trump is probably mentally ill, crazy.
Trump is a sociopathic narcissist, who has almost never had to pay for his errors, mistakes, or crimes. This creates quite the monster.
I believe Trump as an ex president is protected by the FBI and Secret Srcov from any public direct or vieled threats.

McConnell's daughter said he hated Trump, but went along for political gain. Fuck him.
Trump has managed to draw in hundreds of millions for the GOP with the 2020 Election steal fraud. That is why McConnell stomachs Trump.
That's a difficult decision to make: Feed Trump's desire for attention/throw red meat to his cult or ensure that less rabid citizenry are informed about how deranged Trump is. At the risk of having some one of those acronym bureaus swooping down on me, I think we are all aware that we'd be safer from Trump if he succumbed to whatever illnesses he's maintaining with now. There would be an ugly fight to see who got to grab the reins but no one has the personality to maintain a cult like he does.
Trump is merely riding the alt-right populist wave. I think people gravitate towards him more than he attracts people, alpha male crap and all. And then the other conservatives sold out for SCOTUS. Keep in mind, the GOP has been shifting to the authoritarian side of the equation since Gingrich and his blueprint to destroy Congress. It got worse under W, and then come 2012, the movement became sentient on its own. That led to Trump and something Trump becoming President. This movement will likely grow without Trump. And lunatic to clinically mentally ill that is QAnon and -48 are the type of people that'll listen to Trump's orders and obey them.

This movement will likely grow without Trump.

The sentiment of the populist "movement" will grow without Trump. But will it translate to the electability of other, not so charismatic or popular, populists? I doubt it. If you cut the head off this snake, the snake will live. But it will likely writhe about pointlessly until some other "head" takes charge and directs it where, how and when to strike. Whoever that may be, I strongly doubt that they will whip up the fervent, unified excitement of conservatives, mobsters, racists, idiots and the insecure/easily terrified, driving them all to the polls en masse as Trump did in the 2016 aberration.

A common feature of Fascist movements and parties is hero-worship of leaders, something very evident for Nazism (Adolf Hitler) and Italian Fascism (Benito Mussolini). Many US right-wingers' hero-worship of Donald Trump fits that profile very well. But their movement existed before Trump got into politics, and it will likely survive Trump departing from politics or being forced out of politics.

Back
Top Bottom