• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Donald Trump's Very Yuge Tax Problem

Only? How about the decisions that were made along the way?

Which decisions? Do you think Trump himself was deciding which tax laws to take advantage of? His accountant has already publicly stated that he did all the work and Trump only signed the returns.

In the land of the brain-dead, the ability to sign one's name makes one a genius.

Word salad. Try harder, FAIL better.

The remedy is to change the law.

That's hard to do when we have self-interested buffoons like Trump bribing government officials to NOT do that very thing, then bragging about it.

Then the laws would need to be addressed. I doubt if bribery is necessary if the law does not seem to have been broken.

Then the laws would need to be addressed. I doubt if bribery is necessary if the law does not seem to have been broken.

Just because the people receiving the money write the laws in order to define it as not against the law doesn't make it any less actually bribing them. When you pay people hundreds of thousands of dollars in order to get them to change the laws so that you save hundreds of millions, you just bribed government officials.

Just because the people receiving the money write the laws in order to define it as not against the law doesn't make it any less actually bribing them. When you pay people hundreds of thousands of dollars in order to get them to change the laws so that you save hundreds of millions, you just bribed government officials.

^^THAT.
Thanks for saving me the trouble. Unfortunately, I think I hear a whoosh! sound...

There are two places where the laws are written. In precedent based on court rulings (hence Judge made laws) where of course the judge is paid because like anyone else he has to pay his bills and buy groceries.

Then there are those who pass written laws through the system involving democratically elected members of congress and the senate. It is clear that in passing, there are several amendments and disputes even within the same party. Lobbyists have a varying degree of influence on this.

Just like anyone else lawmakers have to pay their bills and buy groceries.

If this was not the case then mainly millionaires and billionaires would stand for office thus excluding some potentially good legislators.

However per your last point, there are potential conflicts of interest that occur in all societies and possible influences on some lawmakers. Given there are disparate views during the passing of laws. However this could happen in both sides of a debate.

Decisions like deciding not to pay federal income taxes any more. I mean that one takes some serious brain power.

Ok.. I'll grant that Trump was behind the decisions that resulted in a 900 million dollar loss. Genius!

The President's job is to maintain the current government deficit by US$1 trillion per year so Trump doesn't qualify for the job.

Back
Top Bottom