• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Donald Trump's Very Yuge Tax Problem

There's no proof that he is hiding his tax returns.

Oh, really? How can you represent that he's not hiding them from the electorate?
That's a stretch worthy of Trumples himself. I do agree that there are no guarantees though - Einstein's famous theorem applies in spades to the American right wing: "There are only two things that are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe". (From memory, sorry if I mangled it.)
Interesting parallel, Einstein said his country had gone mad when he left for the U.S. Trump as a presidential candidate is the same thing today.

There's no proof that he is hiding his tax returns.

Oh, really? How can you represent that he's not hiding them from the electorate?
That's a stretch worthy of Trumples himself. I do agree that there are no guarantees though - Einstein's famous theorem applies in spades to the American right wing: "There are only two things that are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe". (From memory, sorry if I mangled it.)
I represent no such thing! Of course he's hiding them from the electorate. If he disclosed his taxes, his goose would be unpalatably scorched. We have reason to think this.

I represent no such thing! Of course he's hiding them from the electorate. If he disclosed his taxes, his goose would be unpalatably scorched. We have reason to think this.

Wait, you said there's no proof, now you say of course he is? :p

He doesn't have any excuse even IF there is an audit in progress. (And that is a big "if", as nobody has confirmed that as a fact).
Trump is not going to release his taxes - that is obvious.

There is no "if he is hiding something" - he is hiding his tax returns. We don't know what's in them, only that Trump has determined that it would be more damaging to release them than to keep them hidden. Why do you keep using waffle words about this, WP?
There's no proof that he is hiding his tax returns. Heck, there's not even any good evidence that he has failed to disclose them-as there is no failure. All we know is that he's not disclosing them openly.
He has not disclosed them to the public like all other POTUS candidates from major parties have for over 40 years. That is issue in question. Your response does not address the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, you said there's no proof, now you say of course he is? :p
There's proof? I don't need proof to hold the beliefs I do.
It is true one does not need proof or actual evidence to support one's beliefs about reality. Such beliefs are called "faith-based" and are open to ridicule when they appear counter-factual.

He has not disclosed them to the public like all other POTUS candidates from major parties have for over 40 years. That is issue in question. Your response does not address the issue.
I don't see your point. I agree that he has not disclosed them. Suppose he doesn't beat to your drum and hold the belief that because others have that he therefore should. You may have some baseless expectation, but not everyone is going to share in your expectation. Even if the disclosure by those before him has set some traditional standard, he is not by any means therefore required to follow in the footsteps of those that have went before him. This man has proven himself not to be the candidate to acquiesce, no matter how much pressure is put on him. He's is willing to take on his own party. Do you think he whimpers and backs down because of intense relentless scrutiny? I'm sure very few would be as hard headed.

I don't see your point. I agree that he has not disclosed them.
Then why are you saying he is not "hiding" his returns when he is clearly hiding them from the public?
Suppose he doesn't beat to your drum and hold the belief that because others have that he therefore should. You may have some baseless expectation, but not everyone is going to share in your expectation. Even if the disclosure by those before him has set some traditional standard, he is not by any means therefore required to follow in the footsteps of those that have went before him. This man has proven himself not to be the candidate to acquiesce, no matter how much pressure is put on him. He's is willing to take on his own party. Do you think he whimpers and backs down because of intense relentless scrutiny? I'm sure very few would be as hard headed.
Trump's refusal to release his tax returns marks him as a coward. It really is that simple. I know a number of people who normally vote for the Republican nominee who will not vote for Trump because of his cowardice. They believe his cowardice in this issue reflects a deeper cowardice. It is no surprise to me that Trump is a coward - most bullies are.

Then why are you saying he is not "hiding" his returns when he is clearly hiding them from the public?
Actually, I'm assuming that he is hiding them.

Trump's refusal to release his tax returns marks him as a coward. It really is that simple. I know a number of people who normally vote for the Republican nominee who will not vote for Trump because of his cowardice. They believe his cowardice in this issue reflects a deeper cowardice. It is no surprise to me that Trump is a coward - most bullies are.
Oh please. All that jazz about him being a coward is just cry baby talk for no one in your camp having any success at bullying him into getting yall's way. Are you one of those expecting transparency?

] Oh please. All that jazz about him being a coward is just cry baby talk for no one in your camp having any success at bullying him into getting yall's way. Are you one of those expecting transparency?
I realize it makes Trump's fans fell better about their support of that bullying scam artist o spin his obvious character faults.

I guess it's kind of a moot point now... :)

During the second debate Trump said that he has paid tax and has benefited from tax laws and he will issue his returns after the audit.
I think it's misleading to show one single page about his personal return in 1995.

Whose fault is THAT? He could release ALL of his tax returns like every other candidate, except that he's hiding something worse than anything that can be inferred from the two pages we know about from '95.

Still relevant. It's a question of how long can the debt continue to spiral even though government bonds are still very popular at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

During the second debate Trump said that he has paid tax and has benefited from tax laws and he will issue his returns after the audit.
I think it's misleading to show one single page about his personal return in 1995.

Whose fault is THAT? He could release ALL of his tax returns like every other candidate, except that he's hiding something worse than anything that can be inferred from the two pages we know about from '95.

Legally not his. I would expect that whatever is not yet revealed may have been carefully done in a legal manner. The answer (which even he said) was to change the laws.

When I was in the UK, I found a loophole in the law. I worked self employed through a Limited Company I set up (easy to do so in the UK).
This was a Delaware company registered in the UK with the following advantages.
No audited accounts and in fact no accounts were required other than a tax return.
No penalties for late submission of returns
The law has since been changed from the days of 'Audit-Free' companies. Before it was there was nothing illegal.
The remedy is to change the law.

He did not say he paid personal federal income tax. He did say he paid "tax", and he did list some taxes he paid, but personal federal income tax was not included.

What's misleading about it? He didn't deny what was on that page, nor did he deny the accusation that he wouldn't have paid taxes for 18 years after. If he felt that it was misleading people about his tax situation, he hasn't really cleared it up or attempted to clear it up. He, and his surrogates, have simply stated that he's a tax genius (despite only signing the returns) that took full advantage of a tax code that has been written for rich people to take advantage of.

Love how Trumples tried to put himself in the same class as Warren Buffet. Buffet was not pleased, and released ALL his tax returns the next day.
Yes, the Orangutan lied again; Buffet paid federal income tax every year.

He, and his surrogates, have simply stated that he's a tax genius (despite only signing the returns) that took full advantage of a tax code that has been written for rich people to take advantage of.
Only? How about the decisions that were made along the way?

I would expect that whatever is not yet revealed may have been carefully done in a legal manner.

Word salad. Try harder, FAIL better.

The remedy is to change the law.

That's hard to do when we have self-interested buffoons like Trump bribing government officials to NOT do that very thing, then bragging about it.

He, and his surrogates, have simply stated that he's a tax genius (despite only signing the returns) that took full advantage of a tax code that has been written for rich people to take advantage of.
Only? How about the decisions that were made along the way?

Which decisions? Do you think Trump himself was deciding which tax laws to take advantage of? His accountant has already publicly stated that he did all the work and Trump only signed the returns.

Back
Top Bottom