• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Don't say gay -- oops!

It’s inappropriate to discuss your sexual proclivities with your co-workers. But it’s okay to have that conversation with young school children. And tell them to lie to their parents. Lefty Dems are gonna die on this hill. November will be fun.

It’s inappropriate to discuss your sexual proclivities with your co-workers. But it’s okay to have that conversation with young school children. And tell them to lie to their parents. Lefty Dems are gonna die on this hill. November will be fun.

What are you talking about?

Edit: Nevermind, I think I get it. You're one of the people this message was meant for.

Metaphor, what do you mean when you say you were "a feminine boy"?

If I understand your previous posts correctly, you are male and do not have female body parts or the XX karyotype, so you're not talking about your sex. It sounds like a reference to gender.

either of the two sexes (male and female), especially when considered with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones. The term is also used more broadly to denote a range of identities that do not correspond to established ideas of male and female.

Gender Identity:
The psychological sense of the self as masculine or feminine.

Sex:
a. Either of the two main categories (male and female) into which humans and many other living things are divided on the basis of their reproductive functions; (hence) the members of these categories viewed as a group; the males or females of a particular species, esp. the human race, considered collectively.

Good grief.
Okay, so let's go with that.

Is having a sign on a bathroom that identifies the sex of the people the bathroom is for, teaching 'gender identity'? How is it doing that?

Metaphor, what do you mean when you say you were "a feminine boy"?

If I understand your previous posts correctly, you are male and do not have female body parts or the XX karyotype, so you're not talking about your sex. It sounds like a reference to gender.
I had play preferences and interests more typical of girls than boys. I knew my personality was very different from my older brother. Of course, it never crossed my mind that this made me a girl, because that is, of course, impossible.

EDIT: Some adults would have figured I was a pre-gay child and they would have figured correctly.

Is having a sign on a bathroom that identifies the sex of the people the bathroom is for, teaching 'gender identity'? How is it doing that?

The signs themselves don't do it. I'm certain that it won't be an issue under the current law if a teacher directed a child to either bathroom without giving verbal instruction. Consider this, at home (at least in mine) there aren't signs on the bathroom doors designating it for a specific sex/gender* but in public (and private) schools there are. As such a parent in some cases doesn't teach their Kindergartner about that designation. As such, when a child is directed to a bathroom designated for their sex/gender* they are in fact teaching the kindergartener which bathroom they can and cannot use. The bathroom they can and cannot use is dependent on the kindergartener's sex/gender*. In that instance, the teacher is teaching the kindergartener what his/her sex/gender is entirely from the teacher's/school's perspective. They can have science to back them up saying this child is a girl or boy and vital records saying such but the kindergartener doesn't know this.

The kindergartener who likely wouldn't have thought of their sex/gender* on a personal level since a bathroom designation like the one in the school doesn't exist at home would be getting taught what their gender identity is in that instance. LAWSUIT!!! Taxpayer (my) money will be spent because Disantis and friends didn't think things through.

That's my drunk take....

Edit: Forgot to add my reason for the * . Sex/Gender is interchangeable. I use both because you seem to not think they are so I use sex out of courtesy.

The signs themselves don't do it. I'm certain that it won't be an issue under the current law if a teacher directed a child to either bathroom without giving verbal instruction. Consider this, at home (at least in mine) there aren't signs on the bathroom doors designating it for a specific sex/gender* but in public (and private) schools there are. As such a parent in some cases doesn't teach their Kindergartner about that designation. As such, when a child is directed to a bathroom designated for their sex/gender* they are in fact teaching the kindergartener which bathroom they can and cannot use. The bathroom they can and cannot use is dependent on the kindergartener's sex/gender*. In that instance, the teacher is teaching the kindergartener what his/her sex/gender is entirely from the teacher's/school's perspective. They can have science to back them up saying this child is a girl or boy and vital records saying such but the kindergartener doesn't know this.

The kindergartener who likely wouldn't have thought of their sex/gender* on a personal level since a bathroom designation like the one in the school doesn't exist at home would be getting taught what their gender identity is in that instance. LAWSUIT!!! Taxpayer (my) money will be spent because Disantis and friends didn't think things through.

That's my drunk take....

Edit: Forgot to add my reason for the * . Sex/Gender is interchangeable. I use both because you seem to not think they are so I use sex out of courtesy.
Non. Sex and 'gender identity' are not interchangeable.

Telling a child what sex they are (if any such child needs to be told) is not 'teaching' 'gender identity'. It is relaying a fact about sex to the child.

But even if you think 'sex' and 'gender' are interchangeable, teaching a child about his gender is not teaching about his 'gender identity'. It simply is not.

I await with interest all the successful lawsuits you predict.

That's my drunk take....

But even if you think 'sex' and 'gender' are interchangeable, teaching a child about his gender is not teaching about his 'gender identity'. It simply is not.
I am afraid to wander into the pedantic nightmare.
Lawsuits do not have to be successful in court in order to have a chilling effect. Even the threat of a lawsuit may cower a risk-adverse school administration or school board.

That's my drunk take....

Lawsuits do not have to be successful in court in order to have a chilling effect. Even the threat of a lawsuit may cower a risk-adverse school administration or school board.
Oh yes. Cower them into doing what, precisely? Directing blind children to the toilet, as Loren imagines? Or?

That's my drunk take....

Oh yes. Cower them into doing what, precisely? Directing blind children to the toilet, as Loren imagines? Or?
Not answering their questions about gender identity and sexuality for example.

I do admire your courage. Most people avoid displaying their ignorance.

You imagine this as only being anti-trans, but it cuts both ways. It's just as much anti-not-trans.
You have a fundamental error in your thinking. You appear to be incapable of understanding that the sex of a person is not their gender identity.
Error: Conclusion assumed in argument.

That's my drunk take....

Explain to me what 'not answering questions about gender identity' looks like. Explain to me what behaviour schools will avoid, falsely thinking it runs afoul of the law?

I am not ashamed of not knowing everything there is to know. Are you?

That's my drunk take....

If that's a drunk take, you must be drinking The Mead of Poetry. It's a good take.

That's my drunk take....

Explain to me what 'not answering questions about gender identity' looks like. Explain to me what behaviour schools will avoid, falsely thinking it runs afoul of the law?
I find it difficult to believe you do not understand what it means to not answer a question. It can mean be literally silent or it can mean changing the subject or it can mean saying "I cannot answer your question".
I am not ashamed of not knowing everything there is to know. Are you?
Apparently the practice of your religion encourages persistent and massive displays of avoidable ignorance.

Non. Sex and 'gender identity' are not interchangeable
I didn't say they were. I said sex and gender is interchangeable. You may need to stop.using your own make believe dictionary and show me one that says they aren't.
I mean, it's MY position they aren't interchangeable, but whenever I bring up that view, Metaphor always complains. If course then we point out that socially, with the people you aren't in an intimate relationship with, only gender matters.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You imagine this as only being anti-trans, but it cuts both ways. It's just as much anti-not-trans.
You have a fundamental error in your thinking. You appear to be incapable of understanding that the sex of a person is not their gender identity.
Error: Conclusion assumed in argument.
Oh, so sex and gender identity are identical?

What is your definition of each term, please?

I'm saying your argument amounts to it is because it is.

I find it difficult to believe you do not understand what it means to not answer a question. It can mean be literally silent or it can mean changing the subject or it can mean saying "I cannot answer your question".
So...schools will be forbidden from teaching gender identity to K-3...isn't that the primary intent of the law? How on earth is that unnecessary caution?
Apparently the practice of your religion encourages persistent and massive displays of avoidable ignorance.
I don't practice a religion.

Back
Top Bottom