• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Drag Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some jackass troll saying shit for shock value doesn't get you anywhere.

Nobody in the adult ageplay community will support that kind of bullshit. The actual consensus even of people that do participate in age play and lifestyling is "you touch a kid, you're a fucking pedophile. Don't fuck with kids."
I wish that were so....
Well, you might want to enter the real world and discuss about real positions instead of hyperbole and bullshit you find on Twitter with no idea what the posters' actual intent is.

That's not in English--how do we trust the translation?

OMG! Someone made a sign. Someone with a POV has a radical POV... (maybe, if they aren't there trolling) therefore all trans are just like that!
It's more the fact that two well known Scottish MPs - ones who have been instrumental in demolishing women's rights in Scotland in their effort to protect the vulnerable transwoman - are standing directly in front of those signs and seem quite happy to be high-profile politicians who support threats against women.
You mean the signs behind them? Now, while I'm not 100% in the know in the abilities of women... I was pretty certain seeing behind them wasn't an ability. One of the signs was off center in a previous photo and that person photobombed their pic. And we don't even know if that person actually believes it or not.
I respectfully request that you ask yourself, very seriously, if you would accept such a blithe dismissal were it a republican politician standing in front of someone with a sign urging people to storm the capitol.

So, this ought to be a cost-benefit discussion of both the policy and the absence of the policy for all groups of affected persons and how we want to operate as a society
I will point out that this "cost-benefit" analysis here is being philosophically pondered by a group of people who face neither. The costs are not born by you, nor do the benefits accrue to you. And apparently, the fact that the costs are born by the half of the human species to which you categorically DO NOT belong, rather softens the impact of that cost.

You're a man, having a hypothetical discussion about how much harm women as a group should be subjected to as a direct effect of these policies... while largely ignoring the opinions and arguments of the women who would be harmed.

OMG! Someone made a sign. Someone with a POV has a radical POV... (maybe, if they aren't there trolling) therefore all trans are just like that!
It's more the fact that two well known Scottish MPs - ones who have been instrumental in demolishing women's rights in Scotland in their effort to protect the vulnerable transwoman - are standing directly in front of those signs and seem quite happy to be high-profile politicians who support threats against women.
You mean the signs behind them? Now, while I'm not 100% in the know in the abilities of women... I was pretty certain seeing behind them wasn't an ability. One of the signs was off center in a previous photo and that person photobombed their pic. And we don't even know if that person actually believes it or not.
I respectfully request that you ask yourself, very seriously, if you would accept such a blithe dismissal were it a republican politician standing in front of someone with a sign urging people to storm the capitol.
Was that group of people heading somewhere to eat women or decapitate women or were the imagery and signs very common? Because if not, your parallel is crap.

I think the bigger issue for me is how Drag Shows even became an "issue" when the bell was rung, the mouths of the right-wingers started drooling. Drag Shows six months ago... crickets... then the right-wing machine starts targetting them. It was incredible how quickly mobilized "conservatives" are by their handlers. And the best part is they think they have more liberty... all the while being jostled about on their strings like puppets.
Achooallly.... You only NOTICED when the right-wingers started jumping on this. It's something that left-leaning feminist women have been complaining about for a few years.

Unfortunately, lots of men just can't be bothered to listen to women.

I think the bigger issue for me is how Drag Shows even became an "issue" when the bell was rung, the mouths of the right-wingers started drooling. Drag Shows six months ago... crickets... then the right-wing machine starts targetting them. It was incredible how quickly mobilized "conservatives" are by their handlers. And the best part is they think they have more liberty... all the while being jostled about on their strings like puppets.
Achooallly.... You only NOTICED when the right-wingers started jumping on this.
On what?
It's something that left-leaning feminist women have been complaining about for a few years.
Who, where? I mean other 5hsn Left Leaning Female Liberal Magazine.
Unfortunately, lots of men just can't be bothered to listen to women.
Ah yes, there is the passive aggressive Emily Lake. Make a passive attack on peorson she is responding to, but enough wiggle room to disingenuous deny the insult when called on it.

So, this ought to be a cost-benefit discussion of both the policy and the absence of the policy for all groups of affected persons and how we want to operate as a society
I will point out that this "cost-benefit" analysis here is being philosophically pondered by a group of people who face neither. The costs are not born by you, nor do the benefits accrue to you. And apparently, the fact that the costs are born by the half of the human species to which you categorically DO NOT belong, rather softens the impact of that cost.

You're a man, having a hypothetical discussion about how much harm women as a group should be subjected to as a direct effect of these policies... while largely ignoring the opinions and arguments of the women who would be harmed.
Actually, no, >>99% of the time I am reading what others are saying and not discussing anything. The personal accusations and anecdotal bs was getting out of hand, so I posted, rather than merely NOT discussing, my default. I look forward to the day you will consider cost and benefit of all affected parties as well as looking at the content of points, rather than the gender of the person making them. Good day to you.

When you keep tearing down traditional boundries, on what basis do you object?
Which traditional boundaries? Slave rape, interracial marriage bans, criminalized gay sex, insistence that people you don't know are just confused over merely feelings?
Well, shit, are you defending the pro-pedophilia lobby?
Technically you are the one posting videos in support of it. You also have raised the topic out of the blue (and off-topic) on multiple occasions, which definitely implies you have it bouncing around in your mind.
So hey.... the pro-pedo stuff probably doesn't need to get wedged into this discussion. But it is actually a thing that's going on, and probably deserves some discussion on its own rather than just dismissal and mockery.

When you keep tearing down traditional boundries, on what basis do you object?
Which traditional boundaries? Slave rape, interracial marriage bans, criminalized gay sex, insistence that people you don't know are just confused over merely feelings?
Well, shit, are you defending the pro-pedophilia lobby?
Technically you are the one posting videos in support of it. You also have raised the topic out of the blue (and off-topic) on multiple occasions, which definitely implies you have it bouncing around in your mind.
So hey.... the pro-pedo stuff probably doesn't need to get wedged into this discussion. But it is actually a thing that's going on, and probably deserves some discussion on its own rather than just dismissal and mockery.
Seeing it was juxtapositioned with transgender, it deserves mockery.

Seen elsewhere:
"The biggest danger of taking your child to a drag show is that a Christian could show up with a gun."
Wow. I didn’t know that. You are telling me now for the first time. So how many children have been shot by Christians at drag shows?
At least 3 times the amount of kids being groomed at a drag show.

Seen elsewhere:
"The biggest danger of taking your child to a drag show is that a Christian could show up with a gun."
Wow. I didn’t know that. You are telling me now for the first time. So how many children have been shot by Christians at drag shows?
Really? With all those Christians shooting up drag shows, you’d think it’d make the news.

Seen elsewhere:
Really? With all those Christians shooting up drag shows, you’d think it’d make the news.
Okay, so the theoretical threat of drag queens grooming or molesting children is enough to get your undies messed, but the theoretical threat of a gun toting madman shooting up a drag show is hardly possible enough to consider reasonable.

Don't we have examples of Islamo-Judeo-Christians shooting up LGBTQ-associated locations and persons?

If we really want to do anecdotes....

Seen elsewhere:
Okay, so the theoretical threat of drag queens grooming or molesting children is enough to get your undies messed, but the theoretical threat of a gun toting madman shooting up a drag show is hardly possible enough to consider reasonable.
... which is weird when one considers that no pedophiles or groomers have been reported at those events but gun toting protesters have been showing up regularly:

A Drag Show, a Protest, and a Line of Guns

Drag Story Time at Oregon Pub Draws Armed Protesters

Armed protesters gather outside San Antionio's Aztec Theatre during Christmas-themed drag show

And the list goes on,

and on,

and on.

.. which is weird when one considers that no pedophiles or groomers have been reported at those events but gun toting protesters have been showing up regularly:

At the risk of drag*ging posters back to the OP...

I find drag icky. But not a problem for kids. Even exposure to rather bawdy drag isn't a big deal.

A much bigger deal is children's exposure to violence. "La Cage aux Folles" isn't nearly the problem of "Fast and Furious" or action hero movies. A dude in a dress isn't nearly the problem as a dude with a gun(however legal).

Frankly, I'd care less about the effects on children of a guy wearing a dress (or his junk hanging out of his zipper) than a guy walking around with a gun on his belt.
Tom

*pun intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom