• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

EAC: We're doing a good job!

(From the biblical viewpoint just as Jesus said; must first be done,the preaching through-out all of the world before the rest of the prophecies follows etc..etc..)

I wonder why he needs humans to do that?

(From the biblical viewpoint just as Jesus said; must first be done,the preaching through-out all of the world before the rest of the prophecies follows etc..etc..)

Probably the same reason He needs humans to pass laws against blasphemy, to punish anyone who hurts His feelings. After all, you can't expect an all powerful God to do the stuff He wants done Himself, can you?

He just wants humans to do it, because they would need to ... and because they are capable to do it themselves (if they wanted to), I think.

Thus demonstrating that Christians have no need for the Bible or theological leadership. They are quiet adept at knowing the mind of god and understanding his intent, methods, and purpose on their own.

He just wants humans to do it, because they would need to ... and because they are capable to do it themselves (if they wanted to), I think.

Thus demonstrating that Christians have no need for the Bible or theological leadership. They are quiet adept at knowing the mind of god and understanding his intent, methods, and purpose on their own.

The problem being that they seem completely blind to the fact that this is because His intent, methods, and purpose are their own.

The problem being that they seem completely blind to the fact that this is because His intent, methods, and purpose are their own.

Aye, indeed.

I like the way you're all thinking. Along this line, the bible is then therefore... for the non-Christians. ;)

I like the way you're all thinking. Along this line, the bible is then therefore... for the non-Christians. ;)
And a hindrance for Christians since it generally doesn't say what they believe and claim it to say.

Not really that hard to get the gist of things. Love God and be good to your neghbour and so on.

And a hindrance for Christians since it generally doesn't say what they believe and claim it to say.

Not really that hard to get the gist of things. Love God and be good to your neghbour and so on.

Hmmm, I seem to recall seeing a lot of crucifixes and large pictures of Jesus in Christians' homes. Did these Christians somehow know that god didn't really mean all of the ten commandments? I gotta wonder which of the other commandments he didn't really mean.

Hmmm, I seem to recall seeing a lot of crucifixes and large pictures of Jesus in Christian's homes. Did these Christians somehow know that god didn't really mean all of the ten commandments? I gotta wonder which of the other commandments he didn't really mean.

Christans in varying degrees don't know everything in the bible (hence my Learner handle) I'd expect that it would be understood from a wise Entity. Jesus's two greatest commandments is suffice and pretty much covers all the previous e.g. the two commandments... hangs all the laws of the prophets.

Hmmm, I seem to recall seeing a lot of crucifixes and large pictures of Jesus in Christian's homes. Did these Christians somehow know that god didn't really mean all of the ten commandments? I gotta wonder which of the other commandments he didn't really mean.

Christans in varying degrees don't know everything in the bible (hence my Learner handle) I'd expect that it would be understood from a wise Entity. Jesus's two greatest commandments is suffice and pretty much covers all the previous (hangs all the laws of the prophets).

So you are not really talking Christian? I seriously don't think you can find anyone who calls themselves Christian who doesn't claim that the ten commandments are the "word of god".

You are just picking what you like and ignoring the rest so you can create your own religion. Are you going to call it Learnerism?

ETA:
I just noticed that this latest post of yours contradicts your last post in the thread 'Christian rants'.

It is not hard to conclude what GOD wants, from the term COMMANDMENTS for example, among other parts or verses in the bible.

Christans in varying degrees don't know everything in the bible (hence my Learner handle) I'd expect that it would be understood from a wise Entity. Jesus's two greatest commandments is suffice and pretty much covers all the previous (hangs all the laws of the prophets).

So you are not really talking Christian? I seriously don't think you can find anyone who calls themselves Christian who doesn't claim that the ten commandments are the "word of god".

You are just picking what you like and ignoring the rest so you can create your own religion. Are you going to call it Learnerism?

You got me wrong. The Ten Commandments STILL STAND!! This IS what we will be Judged by! GOD cannot take-back or break any covenant or agreement made with man. We will fall-short of the commandments of course, henceforth ... we need ... a SAVIOR!

ETA:
I just noticed that this latest post of yours contradicts your last post in the thread 'Christian rants'.

It is not hard to conclude what GOD wants, from the term COMMANDMENTS for example, among other parts or verses in the bible.

Omigod, no one rushes to defend orthodoxy as swiftly or fervently as an atheist! The handsome irony of it.

Omigod, no one rushes to defend orthodoxy as swiftly or fervently as an atheist! The handsome irony of it.

It’s not really ironical, in my opinion.

The religionists have a book. They brandish the book to control society. They claim it is divine. Then they go about acting as if it is not, until they are in a position to try to control society, then it’s back to orthodoxy.

An atheist looks at that book. It makes no fucking sense at all, but the religionists keep brandishing it in our faces and trying to make us obey the nonsense. Of course we will discuss “orthodoxy” and its contradictions for as long as it is being wagged in our faces as a requirement.

It’s not that mysterious at all.

The religionists have a book. They brandish the book to control society. They claim it is divine. Then they go about acting as if it is not, until they are in a position to try to control society, then it’s back to orthodoxy.

An atheist looks at that book. It makes no fucking sense at all, but the religionists keep brandishing it in our faces and trying to make us obey the nonsense. Of course we will discuss “orthodoxy” and its contradictions for as long as it is being wagged in our faces as a requirement.

Yes, but when you meet someone who isn't in fact wagging a book, or just isn't wagging a book in the way you're most familiar with, you're like "Well you're not a REAL Christian then." If Learner of all people isn't a true Christian, there must not be very many true Christians.

Yes, but when you meet someone who isn't in fact wagging a book, or just isn't wagging a book in the way you're most familiar with, you're like "Well you're not a REAL Christian then." If Learner of all people isn't a true Christian, there must not be very many true Christians.

Agreed. I think Learner has been extremely polite and forthcoming all along. Gentle and tolerant as well.

Agreed. I think Learner has been extremely polite and forthcoming all along. Gentle and tolerant as well.
I agree that Learner is "extremely polite and forthcoming". However, his beliefs as he expresses them would be of a Humanist who assumes there is a Humanist god, not as a Christian. His expressed beliefs are apparently based on a couple sayings attributed to Jesus but reject other sayings of Jesus' and the overwhelming majority of the Bible. He reminds me of a Buddhist who believes in a god - sorta a contradiction.

Personally, I tend toward Humanism myself but see no reason to believe that there is a god.

You got me wrong. The Ten Commandments STILL STAND!! This IS what we will be Judged by! GOD cannot take-back or break any covenant or agreement made with man. We will fall-short of the commandments of course, henceforth ... we need ... a SAVIOR!

We will fall short because the standards are impossible to achieve for humans that were created broken by Biblegod. We will even be judged for the thought crime of coveting things, our neighbors' cattle, their slaves, their wives and so on. And the only way out of a doomed afterlife is to submit to this god, mind and spirit, and spend our lives as slaves. The game was rigged from the start.

Back
Top Bottom