• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Early human slavery was NECESSARY for human progress

And how did people buy slaves if they didn't have a concept of money....?
by bullying neighbors

lol
LOL?
Skipping completely over the fact that your theory throws your sadistic jackass of a deity under the bus?

LOL indeed, Syed. LOL, indeed.

i do not thought they were good points
Why not? God knew what money was, right? All-knowing does that.
God prefers a system of employment, with money, over slavery, right?
God COULD have just sat someone down and explained what money was, how to mint it, how to value it, why it was better than barter, set up either the same fiscal standard for the entire world or established individual moneys and an exchange rate. He's all-powerful, right? Nothing would stop him from doing this... Except God.

If the world was not as an ALL POWERFUL ALL KNOWING GOD would wish it to be, he has only himself to blame.

So if slavery was the only way to civilize humans, and your God wanted civilized humans, then he was forced to use slavery, sure. But then, that makes civilizing humanity more powerful than God. If there was another way to civilize humans, and God didn't use it, he made a choice. So for some reason slavery met your god's approval.

SO which is it, Syed? God could NOT have civilized us without slavery, or he could have, but chose slavery?

You have to pick one, Syed.
God is not all powerful,
Or god is a dick?

explain to me how would atheist civilize human without slavery?

It is a valid argument that slavery helped society advance. If resources of a society are freed up from menial labour by having other do it for them without having to expend much in the way of resources to get that work done, it allows for more of a development of a leisure class to engage in the intellectual pursuits that lead to advances. Slavery was an effective way to make that happen.

Of course, that's completely moot if the advancement of society is influenced by an omnipotent god who can give all the resources necessary for this without any corresponding trade-offs like enslaving people. So, I agree with Syed that his analysis of early civilizations points to the nonexistence of any type of god. That's one more theist whom we've converted to atheism. Welcome to the fold, Syed! It's good to have you here.

god already provided necessary resources on earth

Easy. Pay people for their work, and not own them!

Once again, getting rid of slavery is civilizing humans.

- - - Updated - - -

do you like to be living with animals?

Assuming you're referring only to non-human animals: Sure, I love my cat and my dogs, and do like living with them.

- - - Updated - - -

It is a valid argument that slavery helped society advance. If resources of a society are freed up from menial labour by having other do it for them without having to expend much in the way of resources to get that work done, it allows for more of a development of a leisure class to engage in the intellectual pursuits that lead to advances. Slavery was an effective way to make that happen.

Of course, that's completely moot if the advancement of society is influenced by an omnipotent god who can give all the resources necessary for this without any corresponding trade-offs like enslaving people. So, I agree with Syed that his analysis of early civilizations points to the nonexistence of any type of god. That's one more theist whom we've converted to atheism. Welcome to the fold, Syed! It's good to have you here.

god already provided necessary resources on earth

Including slave labor, apparently.

[

You created threads of a similar nature on the old site and received the same predictable replies. They were predictable because there are a limited number of correct answers to any question.

Here is a question for you. Imagine you and I are alive, sometime around 3000 year ago. Would you consent to be my slave, if I assured you it would help the progress of civilization. If you did not consent and I forced you into slavery, along with your family and any future children, would the idea of helping to build civilization be a comfort to you?

.early human slavery was NECESSARY for human progress

early human did not invented money and no one work for other people

so without man power human could not make progress

all past GREAT civilization built on slave workers

slavery responsible for civilizing human

allah did NOT condemn slavery because of that reason but make a way to abolish slavery by freeing them

since allah is all knowing, he knows that human slavery is responsible for civilizing human, so allah cant condemn something that civilized human

GOD IS GREAT

More mere assertions from a master of mere assertions.

Your particular god, I believe you call him Allah, is as little shit. I have evidence.

since allah is all knowing, he knows that human slavery is responsible for civilizing human, so allah cant condemn something that civilized human

GOD IS GREAT

But not great enough to come up with a way of maintaining civilisation without slavery, apparently. Still, humans can do that, so

HUMANS ARE GREATER THAN GOD

[

You created threads of a similar nature on the old site and received the same predictable replies. They were predictable because there are a limited number of correct answers to any question.

Here is a question for you. Imagine you and I are alive, sometime around 3000 year ago. Would you consent to be my slave, if I assured you it would help the progress of civilization. If you did not consent and I forced you into slavery, along with your family and any future children, would the idea of helping to build civilization be a comfort to you?
if you were early human and you were stronger bully then me and you needed a labor to built your home , i will be forced to consent to your demand

allah did NOT condemn slavery because of that reason but make a way to abolish slavery by freeing them

GOD IS GREAT

More mere assertions from a master of mere assertions.

Your particular god, I believe you call him Allah, is as little shit. I have evidence.

lol

GOD IS GREAT

But not great enough to come up with a way of maintaining civilisation without slavery, apparently. Still, humans can do that, so

HUMANS ARE GREATER THAN GOD

could you NOW built civilization without slave like past great civilization?

GOD IS GREAT

I just want you to know what my take home message is on this post, Syed. I want you to know what you've said to me.

You've reaffirmed for me that religion is evil. It can suspend people's logical thinking and moral sense to an almost unlimited degree. It can suspend them to such an extreme degree that they say things as disgusting as your opening post.

SO which is it, Syed? God could NOT have civilized us without slavery, or he could have, but chose slavery?

God is not all powerful,
Or god is a dick?

Explain to my why you're unwilling to make the choice? the logical consequence of your claims is that either god chose not to teach people an alternative to slavery or he was unable to civilize people without slavery.
Either he is NOT all-powerful,
or he's a dick.
Pick one or explain why neither answer is correct, Syed, without turning this upon the atheists.
It's your claim that God was either forced to use slavery or it's a good thing in and of itself.
Defend your claim without deflecting.

If you dare, mwah. And ha.

GOD IS GREAT

So, why didn't the magic sky pixie explain money to everybody? Allah doesn't exist so he can't explain anything.

GOD IS GREAT

I just want you to know what my take home message is on this post, Syed. I want you to know what you've said to me.

You've reaffirmed for me that religion is evil. It can suspend people's logical thinking and moral sense to an almost unlimited degree. It can suspend them to such an extreme degree that they say things as disgusting as your opening post.
lol

God is not all powerful,
Or god is a dick?

Explain to my why you're unwilling to make the choice? the logical consequence of your claims is that either god chose not to teach people an alternative to slavery or he was unable to civilize people without slavery.
Either he is NOT all-powerful,
or he's a dick.
Pick one or explain why neither answer is correct, Syed, without turning this upon the atheists.
It's your claim that God was either forced to use slavery or it's a good thing in and of itself.
Defend your claim without deflecting.

If you dare, mwah. And ha.

god is NOT a baby sitter to tell you everything

- - - Updated - - -

GOD IS GREAT

So, why didn't the magic sky pixie explain money to everybody? Allah doesn't exist so he can't explain anything.

he did but you dont remembered

god is NOT a baby sitter to tell you everything
He doesn't have to tell us everything, Syed. He could have told us JUST enough to make a civilization without slavery.
Why didn't he? And why doesn't the fact that he didn't prevent slavery make him a dick?
I think it makes him a dick.

Or a douche, maybe. Could be either.

But anyway: Your bare assertion is that slavery was necessary to civilize humanity and God wanted civilized humanity.
So god used slavery to reach a goal.
Right?

GOD IS GREAT

This is bullshit. You have asserted this absurd idea in the past and have had the shit kicked out of your arguments. I know six year old children who understand the world better and are more competent at framing their arguments. Stop embarrassing yourself.

could you NOW built civilization without slave like past great civilization?

What does this have to do with the fact that humans NOW can do what your God -- according to you -- could not? So...

HUMANS (NOW) ARE GREATER THAN GOD

Back
Top Bottom