• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Early human slavery was NECESSARY for human progress

After the domestication of horses, cattle and dogs, slavery is unnecessary. The Qur'an was written way after slavery served its purpose. Therefore, the Qur'an is reactionary.

Slavery for the past few millennia only serves to make and keep some people rich and powerful. It is a form of exploitation and is on par with usury. Usury is unethical because it is a form of robbery and of slavery (you work for the lender instead of for yourself).

When we say we fight for social justice (I include Christians and Muslims) we are working against practical slavery (subtle form of slavery as compared to the overt kind). So if the Qur'an supports both social justice and slavery, the Qur'an contradicts itself.

fun with "logic"...

Early human paganism was NECESSARY for human progress.

The first famous Greek, Chinese, Sumerian, and Roman philosophers and story tellers were pagan.

All first GREAT civilizations were built within paganism.

Paganism is responsible for civilizing humans.

The Pagan Pantheon did NOT condemn the human faith in them, but freed them to think and develop great empires

Since the Pantheon is all knowing, they know that they are responsible for civilizing human.

The PANTHEON IS GREAT

[

explain to me how would atheist civilize human without slavery?

You created threads of a similar nature on the old site and received the same predictable replies. They were predictable because there are a limited number of correct answers to any question.

Here is a question for you. Imagine you and I are alive, sometime around 3000 year ago. Would you consent to be my slave, if I assured you it would help the progress of civilization. If you did not consent and I forced you into slavery, along with your family and any future children, would the idea of helping to build civilization be a comfort to you?
if you were early human and you were stronger bully then me and you needed a labor to built your home , i will be forced to consent to your demand

That is not an answer to the question. You only restated the conditions of the question. Please address the actual question.

Isn't it amazing how religious people claim that atheists are immoral, yet all their moral arguments eventually reduce to 'might makes right?'

Slavery does one thing and one thing only: bestow wealth and power upon the slave owners. It may be that a warrior, supported by slaves, might be better armed and better trained than the ones a free society can produce. In that way, slavery would spread. That doesn't mean it is right, or necessary.

.early human slavery was NECESSARY for human progress

early human did not invented money and no one work for other people

so without man power human could not make progress

all past GREAT civilization built on slave workers

slavery responsible for civilizing human

allah did NOT condemn slavery because of that reason but make a way to abolish slavery by freeing them

since allah is all knowing, he knows that human slavery is responsible for civilizing human, so allah cant condemn something that civilized human

GOD IS GREAT

I just want you to know what my take home message is on this post, Syed. I want you to know what you've said to me.

You've reaffirmed for me that religion is evil. It can suspend people's logical thinking and moral sense to an almost unlimited degree. It can suspend them to such an extreme degree that they say things as disgusting as your opening post.
lol

No, it upsets you to know that your best efforts to promote your religion have no effect other than to inspire disgust, so you're doing your best to upset me in turn.

It's about as effective as your best efforts to spread your religion: The notion of your pain is vaguely pleasing.

Allah is Ar-Rahman : The All Beneficent, The Most Merciful in Essence, The Compassionate, The Most Gracious

And yet all he wants from humans is a form of slavery: And I did not create the Jinn and mankind except to worship Me… (Quran, 51:56-58)

:)

Allah is Ar-Rahman : The All Beneficent, The Most Merciful in Essence, The Compassionate, The Most Gracious

And yet all he wants from humans is a form of slavery: And I did not create the Jinn and mankind except to worship Me… (Quran, 51:56-58)

Well, in Allah's defence, it does make things simpler. It is our natural state. It's the unspoken truth of humanity that we crave subjugation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes our life's joy in a mad scramble for power and for identity. We were made to be ruled and in the end, we will always kneel.

explain to me how allah want human to be slave?

Pretty clear, really.
If he's all-powerful, and all-knowing, he'd have known a way to get humans to civilize without needing a phase with slavery, and it would have been within his power to do so.

If he tolerated slavery, he must have wanted it.
OR, he's not all-powerful and all-knowing.

You do want God to be all-powerful and all-knowing, right, Syed?
Then he must have had a reason for making slavery necessary, and standing by with his thumb up his ineffable ass while people practiced it. Esp. after money was invented.

Isn't it amazing how religious people claim that atheists are immoral, yet all their moral arguments eventually reduce to 'might makes right?'

Slavery does one thing and one thing only: bestow wealth and power upon the slave owners. It may be that a warrior, supported by slaves, might be better armed and better trained than the ones a free society can produce. In that way, slavery would spread. That doesn't mean it is right, or necessary.

tell us how would roman, egypt and greek would have built their civilization without slavery?

Pretty clear, really.
If he's all-powerful, and all-knowing, he'd have known a way to get humans to civilize without needing a phase with slavery, and it would have been within his power to do so.

You do want God to be all-powerful and all-knowing, right, Syed?
Then he must have had a reason for making slavery necessary, and standing by with his thumb up his ineffable ass while people practiced it. Esp. after money was invented.
let say there is no god and every one is atheists and money have not been invented by human and no one work for other for free

what would you do to create commercial civilization then?

I acknowledged that slave societies might have been more powerful than non slave societies.

You are claiming ALLAH couldn't build a civilization without slavery. Why not?

.early human slavery was NECESSARY for human progress

early human did not invented money and no one work for other people

so without man power human could not make progress

all past GREAT civilization built on slave workers

slavery responsible for civilizing human

allah did NOT condemn slavery because of that reason but make a way to abolish slavery by freeing them

since allah is all knowing, he knows that human slavery is responsible for civilizing human, so allah cant condemn something that civilized human

GOD IS GREAT

I just want you to know what my take home message is on this post, Syed. I want you to know what you've said to me.

You've reaffirmed for me that religion is evil. It can suspend people's logical thinking and moral sense to an almost unlimited degree. It can suspend them to such an extreme degree that they say things as disgusting as your opening post.
lol

No, it upsets you to know that your best efforts to promote your religion have no effect other than to inspire disgust, so you're doing your best to upset me in turn.

It's about as effective as your best efforts to spread your religion: The notion of your pain is vaguely pleasing.
why cant you argue about my OP?

let say there is no god and every one is atheists and money have not been invented by human and no one work for other for free

First thing, invent money. Duh.
how would you invent money when you dont even have civil society, no paper , no iron, no governing body, no home, human are living in cave?

slavery started when human still living in caves

I acknowledged that slave societies might have been more powerful than non slave societies.

allah dont NEED slavery to build a civilization but EARLY human NEEDED slavery to build a civilization

- - - Updated - - -

again

tell us how would roman, egypt and greek would have built their civilization without slavery?

let say there is no god
How about we say that Syed is once again refusing to explore the logical consequences of his bare assertions by deflecting the topic.
COULD GOD have created human civilization without slavery, Syed?
If so, why didn't he?
If not, why do you call him all-powerful?

First thing, invent money. Duh.
how would you invent money when you dont even have civil society, no paper , no iron, no governing body, no home, human are living in cave?

"You invent moving goalpost, OOG!!!"

Ever heard of the barter system? It's not far from there to using pretty shiny things (seashells, etc.) as tokens...or currency.

slavery started when human still living in caves

No evidence of record to support this assertion. In any case, I'd wager bartering came first.

Back
Top Bottom