• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Europe submits voluntarily

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what that means?
It means what it says.
A woman can walk naked through central Stockholm at night... chances are pretty good that she'll be fine.
What about the same by in country side?

Sweden is a huge country with a total population of 10 000 000. If you're out in the countryside good luck meeting anybody. Safe safe safe.

Just look at a map. Sweden is extremely depopulated.

I know that, but what if there are people there?

It means what it says.

So regression to the mean then? Something good it can only get worse, and if something is bad it can only get better? That's the most inane statement ever. No... things can also stay the same or on a stable level. So I disagree.

A woman can walk naked through central Stockholm at night... chances are pretty good that she'll be fine.
What about the same by in country side?

Sweden is a huge country with a total population of 10 000 000. If you're out in the countryside good luck meeting anybody. Safe safe safe.

Just look at a map. Sweden is extremely depopulated.

I know that, but what if there are people there?

I'll let you know what happens if they ever meet.

Keep you posted!

Don't forget that Sweden is fucking cold in the winter. If you get lost in the woods in winter you will die. We have wolves, bears, boars and moose on the loose and they are dangerous. Swedes from the country can look after themselves. It's a hardy lot. Yes, even the girls.

I'll give you this one. I'm still doubtful we'll solve this problem by starting with border checks.

IMany end up not being deported. Some even get citizenship as they have been in the country for five years.

Sounds like lies made up by the BNP. Do you have a reliable source?

Germany is now in negotiations with Various countries to try to send back the rejected asylum seeker or simply those who never applied and didn't cooperate by providing information. Genuine refugees who have lost their papers will of course be the ones giving their names and as much information as possible. The point is many who come into the country are economic migrants. They take advantage of the open border policies. In England there are people roaming about and illegally working who have no papers and 'cannot remember their birthday' and sometimes give false nationalities. There are extensive shared data base links where the persons details can come up in the system.

I suggest not trying to speculate on the psychological characteristics of refugees. These are all traumatised people, in one way or another. Trauma can lead to all manner of weird behaviours.

But people can enter countries with forged papers. Many countries passports are pretty worthless. This is all stuff you've said to support checking papers at borders. I'm saying that the papers doesn't prove as much as you think they do. The above problems will occur regardless if people have papers on entry or not.

In other instances this requires cooperation from the authorities of the host countries. For instance, once it received a name and birthday it will take the Indian and Pakistani authorities about six months to provide details.

Welcome to the developing world.

The cost of deporting 80,000 people or so plus the time it takes and then negotiations involves with countries who don't want them back will be substantial.

Yes, this sucks.

Bottom line. If people want in badly enough they'll get in.

I will try and dig out old reports. I had the reference somewhere but this was to do with the cost of flying everyone out. Britain is very liberal with respect to intrusion. Border checks will not eliminate but will reduce illegal immigrates. There are plenty of dead Syrians whose passports can be sold and doctored for a replacement.

Why should Sweden be burdened with problems caused by other countries. Ship the Syrians off to the USA and UK. Keep as many illegals out as possible. Sweden is a tough country in some places but still the bears give great sex but the women are dangerous when they attack you.

I will try and dig out old reports. I had the reference somewhere but this was to do with the cost of flying everyone out. Britain is very liberal with respect to intrusion. Border checks will not eliminate but will reduce illegal immigrates. There are plenty of dead Syrians whose passports can be sold and doctored for a replacement.

I think this is how it works. People will go where there's least resistance. If there are border checks somewhere people will go someplace else. If everybody has border checks the border checks are irrelevant. Everybody knows that getting in and out of a country is easy. It's just a question of how much risk you're willing to take. If your life is on the line any risk is worth taking. That is why the sea is full of dead Syrian corpses floating about.

The Swedish authorities have long since acknowledged that the Baltic sea border is impossible to police. Smuggling Polish amphetamine and Moroccan hashish into Sweden via boats is considered risk free by the smugglers.

Why should Sweden be burdened with problems caused by other countries. Ship the Syrians off to the USA and UK. Keep as many illegals out as possible. Sweden is a tough country in some places but still the bears give great sex but the women are dangerous when they attack you.

Maybe that's a planet you want to live in. But I don't. I want the global community to help each other to solve this humanitarian crisis. As far as I'm concerned the Syrian refugee crisis is just as much a Swedish problem as a Syrian problem, as it is a British or American problem.

No, ISIS isn't my fault. But neither is it the fault of Syrian 19-year old Ahmed who didn't get to finish his degree in whatever due to being conscripted into a war where he supports none of the sides. Letting Ahmed crash on my couch until the war blows over is the least I can do.

Maybe that's a planet you want to live in. But I don't. I want the global community to help each other to solve this humanitarian crisis. As far as I'm concerned the Syrian refugee crisis is just as much a Swedish problem as a Syrian problem, as it is a British or American problem.

As has been pointed out to you numerous times, it's not a Syrian refugee crisis. The majority of the people pouring into the EU are economic migrants.

As has been pointed out to you numerous times, it's not a Syrian refugee crisis. The majority of the people pouring into the EU are economic migrants.
Also, because the Syrians almost automatically qualify for an asylum, there are many Iraqis and other Arabs who claim to be Syrian and either have a fake passport or have "lost" their papers. But even then, Syrians are probably the single biggest group seeking Asylum in Sweden right now, though not the majority.

I think this is how it works. People will go where there's least resistance. If there are border checks somewhere people will go someplace else. If everybody has border checks the border checks are irrelevant. Everybody knows that getting in and out of a country is easy. It's just a question of how much risk you're willing to take. If your life is on the line any risk is worth taking. That is why the sea is full of dead Syrian corpses floating about.

The Swedish authorities have long since acknowledged that the Baltic sea border is impossible to police. Smuggling Polish amphetamine and Moroccan hashish into Sweden via boats is considered risk free by the smugglers.

No, ISIS isn't my fault. But neither is it the fault of Syrian 19-year old Ahmed who didn't get to finish his degree in whatever due to being conscripted into a war where he supports none of the sides. Letting Ahmed crash on my couch until the war blows over is the least I can do.

The Swedish taxpayer cannot be responsible for the wrongs of this world. The responsibility is the US and UK. Then Sweden should first of all make it harder for non refugees to enter as did Australia and even demand that the USA and UK deal with them. Taking someone in is your choice. There are a lot of skilled Syrians also but it's worth finding out more about the background of anyone you take in and don't know. It's not about Nationality. You could take in a friend of a good friend who is Swedish but turns out to be drug dealer.

The Swedish taxpayer cannot be responsible for the wrongs of this world. The responsibility is the US and UK.
You are absolutely right; when faced with a problem, seeking solutions is stupid. The important thing is to apportion BLAME. :rolleyes:
Then Sweden should first of all make it harder for non refugees to enter as did Australia and even demand that the USA and UK deal with them.
No nation should try to emulate Australia's disgraceful and inhumane policies on migration.
Taking someone in is your choice. There are a lot of skilled Syrians also but it's worth finding out more about the background of anyone you take in and don't know. It's not about Nationality. You could take in a friend of a good friend who is Swedish but turns out to be drug dealer.
Sure. Being nice to people is risky; so we should all be as horrible as possible for our own protection :rolleyes:

The Swedish taxpayer cannot be responsible for the wrongs of this world. The responsibility is the US and UK.
You are absolutely right; when faced with a problem, seeking solutions is stupid. The important thing is to apportion BLAME. :rolleyes:
Then Sweden should first of all make it harder for non refugees to enter as did Australia and even demand that the USA and UK deal with them.
No nation should try to emulate Australia's disgraceful and inhumane policies on migration.
Taking someone in is your choice. There are a lot of skilled Syrians also but it's worth finding out more about the background of anyone you take in and don't know. It's not about Nationality. You could take in a friend of a good friend who is Swedish but turns out to be drug dealer.
Sure. Being nice to people is risky; so we should all be as horrible as possible for our own protection :rolleyes:

If a crime is committed the responsible party must be held responsible and make reparations.
Australia advised that those who make the trip by boat illegally, “there is no way you will ever make Australia home”.
Nowadays if a boat is picked up they are sent to centres such as Papa New Guinea or Nauru. Anyone accepted as a refugee is offered places like Cambodia, Papa New Guinea or Nauru.
Just like anyone else, Australia has a points system. So both its emigration and immigration systems work.
We take strangers into our houses at our own risk. We can at least make some checks beforehand.

Last edited:

If a crime is committed the responsible party must be held responsible and make reparations.
Really? What reparations and responsibility are we going to enforce on Joe Stalin?

Sometimes the responsible party cannot be forced to do anything. That's no reason not to help their victims.
Australia advised that those who make the trip by boat illegally, “there is no way you will ever make Australia home”.
Nowadays if a boat is picked up they are sent to centres such as Papa New Guinea or Nauru. Anyone accepted as a refugee is offered places like Cambodia, Papa New Guinea or Nauru.
I know all about Australia's system. It is vile, and an embarrassment to our nation.
Just like anyone else, Australia has a points system. So both its emigration and immigration systems work.
That rather depends what you mean by 'work'. The Boer War concentration camps 'worked'; as long as you were not a Boer woman or child.
We take strangers into our houses at our own risk.
Countries are not houses. They are ALREADY full of strangers.

Or do you personally know all the citizens in your country? I doubt even in Liechtenstein that that is possible.

Really? What reparations and responsibility are we going to enforce on Joe Stalin?

Sometimes the responsible party cannot be forced to do anything. That's no reason not to help their victims.
I know all about Australia's system. It is vile, and an embarrassment to our nation.
That rather depends what you mean by 'work'. The Boer War concentration camps 'worked'; as long as you were not a Boer woman or child.

Or do you personally know all the citizens in your country? I doubt even in Liechtenstein that that is possible.

Since the war is ongoing and only started a short while ago, this would may be valid Of course hundreds of years later it would be invalid. Sweden can always provide one way tickets to the UK. The French did that (at least once) from Calais. If someone is illegal in the UK without papers, he isn’t jailed but let loose again.
For there are many sweatshops and high priced hovels (sheds with beds) provided for illegal workers where they are unlikely to be sue for illegal treatment.
Australia is simply applying a sensible immigration policy and in fact does genuine assist asylum seekers.

Points systems are pretty standard.

Just like a house we want to minmize the risks of who is coming in. Is the plumber a plumber or a rapist. ID would help and prior confirmation from the service office would minimize the risk.

Since the war is ongoing and only started a short while ago, this would may be valid Of course hundreds of years later it would be invalid. Sweden can always provide one way tickets to the UK. The French did that (at least once) from Calais. If someone is illegal in the UK without papers, he isn’t jailed but let loose again.
For there are many sweatshops and high priced hovels (sheds with beds) provided for illegal workers where they are unlikely to be sue for illegal treatment.
Australia is simply applying a sensible immigration policy and in fact does genuine assist asylum seekers.

Just like a house we want to minmize the risks of who is coming in. Is the plumber a plumber or a rapist. ID would help and prior confirmation from the service office would minimize the risk.

Countries are NOT houses; They are not 'like' houses; and no 'sensible' policy includes concentration camps. None. Ever.

Countries are NOT houses; They are not 'like' houses; and no 'sensible' policy includes concentration camps. None. Ever.

There are no concentration camps in Western Europe or Australia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manus_Regional_Processing_Centre

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nauru_Regional_Processing_Centre

Concentration camps, paid for by the Australian Government as a part of their current Immigration Detention policy. Calling them 'Regional Processing Centres' doesn't change their true nature.

They are not "in Australia"; And I am sure their inmates are just as happy to be there as a result, as the inmates at Guantanamo Bay are (and were) not to be "in the USA".

There were no Concentration Camps In the United Kingdom during the Boer War either. That doesn't mean that British policy then, or Australian policy now, doesn't include the use of Concentration Camps.

Perhaps before you wax lyrical about how wonderful the Australian Immigration policies are, perhaps you should take the trouble to find out what they actually entail.

Support for the current Australian Immigration policy is inseparable from support for Concentration Camps. Your glowing review of how excellent the Australian solution is, is redolent of the glowing reports of how clean and orderly the Third Reich was in the mid 1930s; or of how wonderful it was that Mussolini had made the Italian trains run on time.

This sub-discussion is on whether it's good or not to check papers at border crossings. So your reply isn't really relevant

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manus_Regional_Processing_Centre

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nauru_Regional_Processing_Centre

Concentration camps, paid for by the Australian Government as a part of their current Immigration Detention policy. Calling them 'Regional Processing Centres' doesn't change their true nature.

They are not "in Australia"; And I am sure their inmates are just as happy to be there as a result, as the inmates at Guantanamo Bay are (and were) not to be "in the USA".

There were no Concentration Camps In the United Kingdom during the Boer War either. That doesn't mean that British policy then, or Australian policy now, doesn't include the use of Concentration Camps.

Perhaps before you wax lyrical about how wonderful the Australian Immigration policies are, perhaps you should take the trouble to find out what they actually entail.

Support for the current Australian Immigration policy is inseparable from support for Concentration Camps. Your glowing review of how excellent the Australian solution is, is redolent of the glowing reports of how clean and orderly the Third Reich was in the mid 1930s; or of how wonderful it was that Mussolini had made the Italian trains run on time.

Where are the gas chambers and the bodies? These are detention centres. The message is to make regular migration more advantageous and illegal migration by smugglers in order to bypass the legal process, a no go area for processing.

Where are the gas chambers and the bodies? These are detention centres. The message is to make regular migration more advantageous and illegal migration by smugglers in order to bypass the legal process, a no go area for processing.

The concentration camp as an idea is British. The idea of the concentration camp is to concentrate a particular type of person into a camp. Not to kill them. Why the Boer war concentration camps were in practice death camps was due to bad sanitation. Which leads to the next topic. Giving a shit. When group A (the majority group) creates rules that govern group B (a group in need of control in some way) without giving a shit what the effects of those rules are we tend to get pretty horrific effects. Mass death. Germans knew about concentration camps during WW2. What they didn't know was what was going on in detail. Because they didn't care. They thought it was like home but a little bit less glamorous. They didn't think it was death camps. The British in the Boer war didn't think their concentration camps were death camps either. But as it turned out, they were.

This is the category we get to when we demand rules that refugees have to have the correct paperwork. The effects are that innocent people die. Any rule we put on refugees has a cost in suffering and death. That's just the reality when a group is as vulnerable as refugees are. Any tiny little prod making life harder may be the little prod that kills them.

BTW Sweden had concentration camps during WW2. We had quite a few. They were filled with undesirables, ie communists, trade unionists, anti-nazis and German nationals who had expressed unfavourable views on Hitler, aka "friends of England". Much like the German one's these were work camps where the interns built stuff. The difference was that in the Swedish ones everybody was well fed, cared for and had decent working hours. So no starvation or strife. Don't know of the rest of western Europe but Sweden is guilty.

Here's the Swedish wiki on it. Google translate

https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interneringsläger_i_Sverige_under_andra_världskriget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom