• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Europe submits voluntarily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since in many Arabic speaking nations most of the population is young, it would then be natural that the refugees would likewise be as a whole, young. In Syria, the day one graduates from college one is darfted into the Syrian army sends many new graduates across the borders. I suspect that the brain drain in Syria will be a problem for decades to come. And Europe's gain. And I suspect that many of these young refugees will see that European ways of doing things may be better than the way things are done in the Middle East today.

Since in many Arabic speaking nations most of the population is young, it would then be natural that the refugees would likewise be as a whole, young. In Syria, the day one graduates from college one is darfted into the Syrian army sends many new graduates across the borders. I suspect that the brain drain in Syria will be a problem for decades to come. And Europe's gain. And I suspect that many of these young refugees will see that European ways of doing things may be better than the way things are done in the Middle East today.

Not very much. My Palestinian friends have no problem in settling into new societies. Migrants can be of any age since all are affected by the war. Further most are not coming from Syria but other countries as economic migrants. The majority are however between 18 and 45 (possibly a slight variance) as quoted from statistics a few posts ago.
The education standards vary widely and so do the literacy levels. While it is not necessary to assimilate to get along with the residents of the host country literacy and obeying the laws are key points.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-europe-migrants-germany-idUKKCN0R21DG20150902
In an interview with Die Zeit newspaper, German Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere said integrating new refugees could be more difficult than previous groups of migrants as up to 20 percent of them might be illiterate and could struggle to find work.

However the report says might be so perhaps we can say might not be.

I would imagine that the Australian experience with economic migrants is repeated elsewhere large numbers of these people go to. That is, that more than 80% of them are still collecting government benefits 5 years after been granted asylum.

I would imagine that the Australian experience with economic migrants is repeated elsewhere large numbers of these people go to. That is, that more than 80% of them are still collecting government benefits 5 years after been granted asylum.

I heard that Australia is not nice to current refugees. They basically keep them in concentration camps in New Guinea.

I heard that Australia is not nice to current refugees. They basically keep them in concentration camps in New Guinea.
Yup. It's fucking disgraceful, and I am ashamed to be associated with it, and very angry indeed that it is being done in my name.

If someone has been granted asylum than they are not economic migrants. Get that through your senile old skull.

The 'more than 80%' includes percentage includes people receiving child care rebates, Youth Allowance and Austudy.

Only a small fraction of the welfare recipients are receiving Newstart (unemployment payments). This is made evident by the fact that after 5 years, less than 15% of refugees are unemployed.

Not only that, but the percentage of refugees who are unemployed increases rapidly during the first five years of their time in Australia.

The real problem in Australia is that we have too many ignorant bogans who get their news from dishonest cunts like Andrew Bolt, and spread misinformation like the statements Angelo repeatedly makes. And then those same ignorant bogans have the gall to turn around and complain about being screwed by dishonest politicians.

Do us all a favour, and stay home next election. I'll even pay your failure-to-vote fine for you.

Yup. It's fucking disgraceful, and I am ashamed to be associated with it, and very angry indeed that it is being done in my name.
It's a policy that has stemmed the tide of endless economic refugees heading to our borders on board dangerous people smuggler rickety boats, where a thousand men women and children drowned.

If someone has been granted asylum than they are not economic migrants. Get that through your senile old skull.

The 'more than 80%' includes percentage includes people receiving child care rebates, Youth Allowance and Austudy.

Only a small fraction of the welfare recipients are receiving Newstart (unemployment payments). This is made evident by the fact that after 5 years, less than 15% of refugees are unemployed.

Not only that, but the percentage of refugees who are unemployed increases rapidly during the first five years of their time in Australia.

The real problem in Australia is that we have too many ignorant bogans who get their news from dishonest cunts like Andrew Bolt, and spread misinformation like the statements Angelo repeatedly makes. And then those same ignorant bogans have the gall to turn around and complain about being screwed by dishonest politicians.

Do us all a favour, and stay home next election. I'll even pay your failure-to-vote fine for you.
You may love your taxes been used in a feel good bleeding heart way, but there's many of us who object, in fact i would hazard a guess and say most of us would rather our taxes help Australians first.

You may love your taxes been used in a feel good bleeding heart way, but there's many of us who object, in fact i would hazard a guess and say most of us would rather our taxes help Australians first.

I want my taxes to be spent wisely.

Australia has an obligation to help refugees. We signed the Convention and the Protocol and made a promise to help refugees wherever they come from. Helping refugees is one of the things that makes Australia a morally good country, something to be proud of and something deserving of international respect.

I'd rather there weren't any refugees at all, but while there are, we are honour-bound to help any that arrive in our territory, so we'd damn well find the best way to do that.

Instead, Australia has failed on its obligations by creating an arbitrary policy to imprison asylum seekers who arrive by boat in order to satisfy the irrational, xenophobic hatred of a large portion of its population. We've shown that we're a dishonourable, selfish nation of people.

Not only that, but we are also incredibly stupid. Our current policy on boat people is a huge drain on the Government's finances, and costs far more than it would to just process these people in the community.

This complaint about your taxes is transparent bullshit. If you cared about spending less money on asylum seekers then you would be against offshore detention, bribes for people smugglers, transferring asylum seekers to other countries, and the militarisation of Border Farce. Instead, you have willingly voted for a government who is diverting money away from helping Australians 'first' to give you the satisfaction of denying Centrelink payments to some brown people.

That is fucked up.

Australia is doing very well in our outdated obligations signed in the UN just after WW2. Our intake of 13.000 genuine refugees per annum is about right for our population. It may be increased to a 20.000 intake whichever party gets elected later this year, which is still okay. Any higher and we would see the same chaos here as is in Europe.
By the way, the Europeans know there are economic migrants, which are starting to be turned back, and refugees which are on the main accepted.
Why would you want a free for all here in Australia?

Are you distinguishing between refugees and economic migrants? Australia is taking in refugees.

Australia is doing very well in our outdated obligations signed in the UN just after WW2.
The Protocol extending our obligation to cover all conflicts was signed in 1967, extending protection to refugees from conflicts such as the Vietnam War. The protocol exists because all wars produce refugees and there is no reason to be selective.

But well done on having absolutely no fucking idea that the Protocol existed--you continue to prove that Australian immigration policy is based on the ignorance of its people.

Our intake of 13.000 genuine refugees per annum is about right for our population. It may be increased to a 20.000 intake whichever party gets elected later this year, which is still okay. Any higher and we would see the same chaos here as is in Europe.
You clearly have no idea what is 'about right' for our population. Before the Syrian Civil War, Australia's intake of 13,000 per year was less than half the number of refugees per capita that were taken in by some countries in Europe, including the UK. We are not doing our part. Our refugee intake should be at least 30,000 per year.

Your claim about 'chaos' is just nonsense. You have demonstrated multiple times that you have no grasp of the economics of refugee settlement, and fall for the fearmongering of the right wing media.

By the way, the Europeans know there are economic migrants, which are starting to be turned back, and refugees which are on the main accepted.
Why would you want a free for all here in Australia?
What a stupid, loaded question. There is zero chance of a 'free for all' in Australia.

Are you distinguishing between refugees and economic migrants? Australia is taking in refugees.
Australia is not taking in refugees who arrive by boat; we are putting them in camps and refusing to grant them refuge in Australia simply because we don't like the way they got into our territory.

But thank you for your uninformed contribution.

As an interested neutral in this Downunder dogfight, I would value your (both sides) definitions of:

refugee -- including refugee from exactly what and from where, at this time. And is the stay to be permanent or temporary.
asylum --
asylum seeker ---
migrant ---
economic migrant---
immigrant ----
including all the above details in all cases.

What "protocol" is bigfield talking about?

Thank you.

refugee -- including refugee from exactly what and from where, at this time. And is the stay to be permanent or temporary.
asylum --
asylum seeker ---
migrant ---
economic migrant---
immigrant ----
refugee --  Refugee

asylum --  Right_of_asylum#Modern_political_asylum

asylum seeker ---  Refugee#Asylum_seekers

migrant --- http://www.ssi.org.au/faqs/refugee-faqs/148-what-is-the-difference-between-a-refugee-and-a-migrant

economic migrant--- synonymous with migrant.

immigrant -- immigrant is to migrant as import is to export. That is, you 'immigrate to' and 'migrate from'.

Protocol Relating to the Status of Refugees

Text: http://www.unhcr.org/3b66c2aa10.html

refugee --  Refugee

migrant --- http://www.ssi.org.au/faqs/refugee-faqs/148-what-is-the-difference-between-a-refugee-and-a-migrant

immigrant -- immigrant is to migrant as import is to export. That is, you 'immigrate to' and 'migrate from'.

Too easy and glib.
Having been in two of the categories in my life, I know all about these things from the inside. I wanted to know how it specifically affects Aussies, and from what dangers, wars , persecutions, or miserable fucking countries, the people wanting to get to Oz are escaping at present, and were escaping/migrating in the recent past. And if you're not an Aussie, or a resident there or a migrant, or a refugee I really don't want your opinion. And I do know what Straya is.
My fault, I should have made that clear.

refugee --  Refugee

Too easy and glib.
You asked for definitions. You got them. Don't give a fuck if you think that's glib or easy.
Having been in two of the categories in my life, I know all about these things from the inside.
Which two categories?
I wanted to know how it specifically affects Aussies, and from what dangers, wars , persecutions, or miserable fucking countries, the people wanting to get to Oz are escaping at present, and were escaping/migrating in the recent past.
You will need to be a lot clearer than this if you want a meaningful response.

And if you're not an Aussie, or a resident there or a migrant, or a refugee I really don't want your opinion. And I do know what Straya is.
What the...

bigfield I wanted your definition, I know Wiki's and I know my own.
I was a war refugee, then a political refugee, then an immigrant to Canada.

I would think
I wanted to know how it specifically affects Aussies, and from what dangers, wars , persecutions, or miserable fucking countries, the people wanting to get to Oz are escaping at present, and were escaping/migrating in the recent past.
is clear enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom