• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Europe submits voluntarily

Status
Not open for further replies.
The funny thing is that the silent majority is only ever used by a very noisy and vocal minority. Both words are wrong.

That's because "The silent majority" is the perfect excuse for a group that is on the wrong side of history. The proof is in its absence so they can't ever be wrong.

That's something I've wondered about. Conservatives have for the last 300 years (when the concept was born) been consistently wrong about everything. Every conservative position in history has always been the position that the liberals one or more generations earlier held. At no point have they had a uniquely conservative idea.

Why are their still conservatives? What prevents conservatives from connecting these incredibly obvious dots.

I should say, I'm not against conservatives. I think it's good that they exist since they put the breaks on liberal enthusiasm. There's been quite a few awful liberal ideas that have been strangled and left in the gutter of history. But who wants to be that person? The person who inevitably will turn into a fossil everybody in the next generation laughs at. Because it will happen.

That's because "The silent majority" is the perfect excuse for a group that is on the wrong side of history. The proof is in its absence so they can't ever be wrong.

That's something I've wondered about. Conservatives have for the last 300 years (when the concept was born) been consistently wrong about everything. Every conservative position in history has always been the position that the liberals one or more generations earlier held. At no point have they had a uniquely conservative idea.

Why are their still conservatives? What prevents conservatives from connecting these incredibly obvious dots.

I should say, I'm not against conservatives. I think it's good that they exist since they put the breaks on liberal enthusiasm. There's been quite a few awful liberal ideas that have been strangled and left in the gutter of history. But who wants to be that person? The person who inevitably will turn into a fossil everybody in the next generation laughs at. Because it will happen.

Well that just leads me to wonder if there is a difference between respectable cautiousness and skepticism of progressivism and people who made it their identity to obstruct for its own sake or in the name of god? Sure there might be individual people who think one way or the other, but in the bigger picture, the former don't really have a party to call their own.

Said a couple of jackasses on an atheist forum who likely haven't spent 10 minutes between them actually interacting with Muslims. Maybe you should go and compare notes with some ignorant yokels. You'd have more in common than you imagine.

Said a couple of jackasses on an atheist forum who likely haven't spent 10 minutes between them actually interacting with Muslims. Maybe you should go and compare notes with some ignorant yokels. You'd have more in common than you imagine.

Extremists in Islam and the rate of conservative Muslims who are arriving in the UK do cause some concern. Only a few (including new converts) are a potential problem.

Extremists in Islam and the rate of conservative Muslims who are arriving in the UK do cause some concern. Only a few (including new converts) are a potential problem.

And this has what to do with the idea that "rednecks are right about Islam," presumably meaning that all Muslims are fanatics and out to destroy Western civilization?

And your knowledge of islam comes from...........?

And this has what to do with the idea that "rednecks are right about Islam," presumably meaning that all Muslims are fanatics and out to destroy Western civilization?
One example!

Only around 40% of the population of Pakistan are so called moderates. That means around 60% are militants.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-se...ical-minority/

This is based on what? Extremist attacks are almost never carried out by genuine refugees. Is there any? All attacks are carried out either by Muslims on tourist visas or people born in the west.

You are aware that Trump is just wrong?

And your knowledge of islam comes from...........?

I actually deal with Muslims in the real world, unlike you and the rest of the armchair experts who get their information entirely from hate sites.

One example!

Only around 40% of the population of Pakistan are so called moderates. That means around 60% are militants.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-se...ical-minority/

The link doesn't even work, but seriously, Breitbart? Get the fuck out of here.

This is based on what? Extremist attacks are almost never carried out by genuine refugees. Is there any? All attacks are carried out either by Muslims on tourist visas or people born in the west.
Not sure about UK, but Berlin truck attacker came to Europe as an asylum seeker. But I see you used the clever term "genuine refugee" which is like a true scotsman.

Not sure about UK, but Berlin truck attacker came to Europe as an asylum seeker. But I see you used the clever term "genuine refugee" which is like a true scotsman.

Actually the truck driver was denied asylum but managed to avoid deportation by the Italian government.

As opposed to a terrorist posing as a refugee. It's one thing if somebody when already have been granted asylum goes ahead and commits an attack. Which makes no sense. I don't think it's happened. Has it?

As opposed to a terrorist posing as a refugee. It's one thing if somebody when already have been granted asylum goes ahead and commits an attack. Which makes no sense. I don't think it's happened. Has it?

That's a textbook example of the No True Scotsman fallacy. The likely reason why his application was denied was crimes committed in Europe (according to wikipedia, he spent four years in jail in Italy for inciting riots at the refugee center), so it's disingenious to discount him as an example of a refugee not being a criminal.

It's pretty much the same story with the Paris police station attack last year, perpetrator of which was another Tunisian national who seeked asylum in multiple countries in Europe. the problem is not with the properly vetted migrants, the problem is that the vetting process is unenforceable when anyone can just waltz in and cannot be deported.

You are aware that Trump is just wrong?

Note the condition, "genuine". How are we supposed to confirm they are genuine? Syria's too fucked up for us to know.

A new terror attack plot has been thwarted in Germany after mass police raids resulted in the arrest of a prolific Tunisian Isis recruiter.
Police stormed 54 homes, mosques and businesses in the state of Hesse in the early hours of the morning in an operation targeting extremists planning “serious state-threatening violence”. The unnamed suspect has allegedly established a network of supporters “with the aim, among other things, of committing a terrorist attack in Germany”. He was present in Germany from 2003 to 2013, then returned during the refugee crisis of 2015 posing as an asylum seeker. He was arrested shortly afterwards over a previous conviction for bodily harm in 2008, for which he needed to serve 43 days in prison, and Tunisian authorities had also requested his extradition. They suspect the jihadi of involvement in the attack on the Bardo Museum in Tunisia in March 2015, which left 20 tourists dead, and an assault by Isis insurgents on the border town of Ben Guerdane last year.

Independent

#refugeeswelcome !

That's a textbook example of the No True Scotsman fallacy. The likely reason why his application was denied was crimes committed in Europe (according to wikipedia, he spent four years in jail in Italy for inciting riots at the refugee center), so it's disingenious to discount him as an example of a refugee not being a criminal.

It's pretty much the same story with the Paris police station attack last year, perpetrator of which was another Tunisian national who seeked asylum in multiple countries in Europe. the problem is not with the properly vetted migrants, the problem is that the vetting process is unenforceable when anyone can just waltz in and cannot be deported.

Inciting a riot isn't the same thing as coming to the west with the goal of doing a terrorist attack. With genuine refugee I mean a person who is fleeing war and whose prime goal is to stay safe and alive. Refugees can be treated quite badly in Europe. It's quite the lottery. Somebody snapping after months of abuse and doing something stupid isn't necessarily evidence of them being a terrorist. If you read newspapers with in-depth articles about individual cases it becomes pretty aparent what somebody's motives are IMHO. Refugees are put through a lot of bullshit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom