• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Europe submits voluntarily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you please outline a plausible scenario in which Islamic terrorism 'wins' to the point where advocates of Sharia Law are able to implement it in an OECD country?

Because that sounds to me to be about as plausible as the IRA bombings leading to Sinn Fein as the largest single party in Westminster - ie a fucking batshit nutso idea, that only a total moron could possibly take seriously for even a microsecond.

But perhaps I am missing something?

You8re missing the fact that people said the same sort ofthing about Hitler and the Nazis. Ever heard of them?

You are kidding, right? Godwin notwithstanding, the comparison of today's Islamic Terrorists, who are so hugely powerful that they have had to abandon the use of bombs and guns in favour of driving motor vehicles into crowds, with the early Nazi Party in Germany is fucking crazy.

Still, I am waiting for your plausible scenario in which Islamic terrorism 'wins' to the point where advocates of Sharia Law are able to implement it in an OECD country.

I presume that they are not planning to attempt to overthrow the Bavarian Government with a march of thousands of armed men, who will gain a groundswell of popular support amongst ordinary Germans after a standoff with police gives them the ability to make grandiose propaganda claims about being the only bulwark against Bolshevism; so the path used by the Nazis is closed to them.

So, how, exactly, might they carry this off? Do you think that they have the numbers in the general population to win at the ballot box (as the NSDAP did in 1932 and '33)? Or that there is a realistic likelihood that they ever will? Because if you do, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Or perhaps you think that they can overthrow one or more OECD government(s) by military force (despite their demonstrated inability to mount any kind of coordinated attack on even the softest of civilian targets, and their inability to obtain weapons other than motor vehicles)?

Seriously, you need to think this through. Your fear is completely unrelated to any real threat.

The only extremist groups with any serious prospect of obtaining any real power right now are the neo-fascists, who have significant support in the US Republican Party, and in various nationalist parties in Europe, such as the French Front National, and the British UKIP - and even these groups are not (yet) a serious threat to democracy itself, despite being able to influence policy to some extent.

You8re missing the fact that people said the same sort ofthing about Hitler and the Nazis. Ever heard of them?

You are kidding, right? Godwin notwithstanding, the comparison of today's Islamic Terrorists, who are so hugely powerful that they have had to abandon the use of bombs and guns in favour of driving motor vehicles into crowds, with the early Nazi Party in Germany is fucking crazy.

Still, I am waiting for your plausible scenario in which Islamic terrorism 'wins' to the point where advocates of Sharia Law are able to implement it in an OECD country.

I presume that they are not planning to attempt to overthrow the Bavarian Government with a march of thousands of armed men, who will gain a groundswell of popular support amongst ordinary Germans after a standoff with police gives them the ability to make grandiose propaganda claims about being the only bulwark against Bolshevism; so the path used by the Nazis is closed to them.

So, how, exactly, might they carry this off? Do you think that they have the numbers in the general population to win at the ballot box (as the NSDAP did in 1932 and '33)? Or that there is a realistic likelihood that they ever will? Because if you do, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Or perhaps you think that they can overthrow one or more OECD government(s) by military force (despite their demonstrated inability to mount any kind of coordinated attack on even the softest of civilian targets, and their inability to obtain weapons other than motor vehicles)?

Seriously, you need to think this through. Your fear is completely unrelated to any real threat.

The only extremist groups with any serious prospect of obtaining any real power right now are the neo-fascists, who have significant support in the US Republican Party, and in various nationalist parties in Europe, such as the French Front National, and the British UKIP - and even these groups are not (yet) a serious threat to democracy itself, despite being able to influence policy to some extent.

Don't forget the failed German communist revolt 1918-1919. The German communist party was big back then. Germans were afraid of Communist revolutionaries and Hitler promised to stamp them out.

The only thing remotely similar today is European nationalist parties. I somehow doubt masses of non-muslim European come flocking to a non-existant Islamist party to help protect them from the nasty racists. It makes no sense.

I presume you are aware that London has a muslim mayor?

Learn to read.

I said:
If you ignore Islamic terrorism, or aid it in some other way until it wins, you are sure to get a "police state" based on the sharia law. Is that not a form of tyranny? Are the terrorists fighting for an Islamic democracy?

The reason ISIL & Co are losing is that they are not being ignored, but are being fought. Even Idiot Trump has been persuaded to do so in the case of Afghanistan. Are you more stupid, ignorant, crazy than Trump?

To Dr Z

See beyond the length of your nose. And read what I posted again. You yourself pointed out the difference in birth rates of Muslims vs Europeans, 1.61 to 8.1, if my memory serves. You assume that Muslims will perform the same. You seem to favour unlimited immigration. Think of the future beyond the next weekend, beyond next year even, if you can. You think the world's problems will be solved if the Third World comes to live in Europe, Australia & N. America? (I guess these are what you mean by "civilised countries" in one of your previous posts.)

Last edited:

Learn to read.

I said:
If you ignore Islamic terrorism, or aid it in some other way until it wins, you are sure to get a "police state" based on the sharia law. Is that not a form of tyranny? Are the terrorists fighting for an Islamic democracy?

The reason ISIL & Co are losing is that they are not being ignored, but are being fought. Even Idiot Trump has been persuaded to do so in the case of Afghanistan. Are you more stupid, ignorant, crazy than Trump?

"Ignore it or aid it in some way until it wins"

Okay so if we ignore the Islamists, how will they win?

- - - Updated - - -

So what?

Learn to read.

I said:

Ignore them long enough and they'll show you how. You, too, would benefit by thinking ahead beyond the length of your nose.
EDIT
And your quote of me is inaccurate.

But is he though? He's a liberal Muslim. According to your definition they don't exist. You claim that Islam is by necessity politicised. Well... He's clearly not pining for the caliphate, couldn't care less about the Sharia and is happy with western liberal values. Does he really count as a Muslim (according to your definition)?

Could you please outline a plausible scenario in which Islamic terrorism 'wins' to the point where advocates of Sharia Law are able to implement it in an OECD country?

Because that sounds to me to be about as plausible as the IRA bombings leading to Sinn Fein as the largest single party in Westminster - ie a fucking batshit nutso idea, that only a total moron could possibly take seriously for even a microsecond.

But perhaps I am missing something?

They're never going to impose it by democracy.

Look at the number of countries that have gone Islamist.

- - - Updated - - -

A muslim Mayor who is not in any way an extremist.

The extremists never show their true colors until they're in a position to exert control.

The London Mayor's main policy positions so far have a hop-on-hop-off reusable bus ticket, an increased affordable housing allocation in new developments, and cancelling a vanity bridge project that had consumed millions in public funds despite not being a public project.

That's quite a long way off Kristallnacht.

The Mayor appears to be a fairly centrist, soft left, social democrat, with a hint of the careerist about him, because he is a fairly centrist, soft left, social democrat, with a hint of the careerist about him.

I'm not overly keen on the London Mayor myself (speaking as pro-indy Scot) but his track record is utterly mainstream: a moderate, socially liberal, soft-left, social democrat.

But he's a muslim.

Which just makes his moderate, socially liberal, soft-left, social democrat track record evidence of his extremism.

Because of course extremists are going to hide their extremism under the cloak of a moderate, soft-left, social democratic track record.

The closed loop of this racism is something to behold.

When they get enough "moderates" into power and they show their true colors.

Did you read that in The Protocols of the Elders of the Caliphate?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not overly keen on the London Mayor myself (speaking as pro-indy Scot) but his track record is utterly mainstream: a moderate, socially liberal, soft-left, social democrat.

But he's a muslim.

Which just makes his moderate, socially liberal, soft-left, social democrat track record evidence of his extremism.

Because of course extremists are going to hide their extremism under the cloak of a moderate, soft-left, social democratic track record.

The closed loop of this racism is something to behold.

Only a true extremist would deny their extremism.

The London Mayor's main policy positions so far have a hop-on-hop-off reusable bus ticket, an increased affordable housing allocation in new developments, and cancelling a vanity bridge project that had consumed millions in public funds despite not being a public project.

That's quite a long way off Kristallnacht.

The Mayor appears to be a fairly centrist, soft left, social democrat, with a hint of the careerist about him, because he is a fairly centrist, soft left, social democrat, with a hint of the careerist about him.

No one has done anything on housing. Buses use Oyster cards but individual tickets can still be purchased for trains. Oyster card are refilled at corner shops or train stations. They are used on red coloured buses trams and trains. Khan introduced the hopper fare that allows for people to continue a journey within an hour without paying more.

The UK itself is about 2 million houses short. Ealing Council (London) won't even put consider putting someone on a housing list unless they have lived there for 5 years. 2 Years ago it filled much of its housing with refugees but did not build any more houses. Funding for developments are slashed periodically by the government. Thatcher sold of council (government) owned houses to tenants at vastly reduced prices but none were rebuilt.

I think he's just slightly to the left of the Labour party but still moderate in favour of improving welfare.

He's to the right of the current leader of the Labour Party, that's for sure.

I think it's hilarious that some people are trying to imply that Saddiq Khan is an extremist while Boris Johnson isn't. I'm not saying that Boris Johnson is. But Johnson was/is a fucking clown. The epitome of idiotic spoiled upper class brat. Not to mention his Brexit debacle. I'm not sure a railing bearded Islamist would be much worse. I'm not implying Sadiq Khan is btw.

Sadiq Khan, on the other hand, seems to be the epitome of hard working and intelligent competence. Just the kind of guy we want in charge of stuff. I'm not even talking about his political views.

As we progress into this century I'm less and less interested what political party a candidate is running for. But rather focus on if the guy is capable of talking in complete sentences and doesn't drool. I just ask myself if my candidate is able to do the job. The bar of competence is continually getting lowered. Johnson hadn't even managed to master a comb!

I think the world has greater issues than worrying about what invisible friend they believe in. I'd prefer an adult political leader. But that seems off the table at the moment. We'll just have to work with what we got. And that happens to be a Muslim mayor.

Learn to read.

I said:

- - - Updated - - -

So what?

What are the chances of a xtian becoming the mayor of any islamic city?

He's to the right of the current leader of the Labour Party, that's for sure.

I think it's hilarious that some people are trying to imply that Saddiq Khan is an extremist while Boris Johnson isn't. I'm not saying that Boris Johnson is. But Johnson was/is a fucking clown. The epitome of idiotic spoiled upper class brat. Not to mention his Brexit debacle. I'm not sure a railing bearded Islamist would be much worse. I'm not implying Sadiq Khan is btw.

Sadiq Khan, on the other hand, seems to be the epitome of hard working and intelligent competence. Just the kind of guy we want in charge of stuff. I'm not even talking about his political views.

As we progress into this century I'm less and less interested what political party a candidate is running for. But rather focus on if the guy is capable of talking in complete sentences and doesn't drool. I just ask myself if my candidate is able to do the job. The bar of competence is continually getting lowered. Johnson hadn't even managed to master a comb!

I think the world has greater issues than worrying about what invisible friend they believe in. I'd prefer an adult political leader. But that seems off the table at the moment. We'll just have to work with what we got. And that happens to be a Muslim mayor.

If you look up Sadiq Khan's history one may get a clearer picture about his past as a supporter of anti-semetism and apologist of islam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom