• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Europe submits voluntarily

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 years of the left Obama administration make America any better?

Tons better. His administration got us out of the recession, stabilized our foreign policy, found health insurance for millions of uninsured, and etc. The Obamas brought stabilization and dignity to the WH.
I just now read a report stating the American stock market is on a new high, unemployment is down, the economy as a whole is on the up. Wasn't it President Clinton who once said : " It's the economy stupid!"

8 years of the left Obama administration make America any better?

Tons better. His administration got us out of the recession, stabilized our foreign policy, found health insurance for millions of uninsured, and etc. The Obamas brought stabilization and dignity to the WH.
I just now read a report stating the American stock market is on a new high, unemployment is down, the economy as a whole is on the up. Wasn't it President Clinton who once said : " It's the economy stupid!"

All of which trends that Obama brought underway. The only recent president to leave behind an economy significantly weaker than when he left over was -- Bush the younger!

(Ignoring the fact that stock markets != the economy: http://www.macrotrends.net/2481/stock-market-performance-by-president)

It may depend on sources, but seeing how most mainstream sources are anti Trump, or pro Dems, it's hard to cut the wheat from the chaff.
http://dailysignal.com/2017/12/15/4-big-signs-of-a-trump-economic-recovery/
You couldn't have picked a more right wing or partisan source by any chance, could you? Nah. Didn't think so. The Daily Signal, founded three years ago, is owned by the Heritage Foundation. The Heritage foundation's leader in turn, Rebekah Mercer, served on the Executive Committee of the transition team of United States President-elect Donald Trump. She is also the daughter of Bob Mercer, a billionaire who has donated $34.9 million to Republican federal election campaigns since 2006 and sold his share in Breitbart News last month, which he had funded to the tune of $10 million as well..

It may depend on sources, but seeing how most mainstream sources are anti Trump, or pro Dems, it's hard to cut the wheat from the chaff.

Sure, I think that Trump has done a little better on the economy that had been projected. Optimism is high. However, Obama got it going. Really it is the companies that are doing awesome. Politicians get way too much credit. But Trump is just repulsive. How about this gem of a quote: "Trump also noted a difference between President Barack Obama’s eight years in office and the current outlook. This country was going economically down,” he said. “Small business optimism is at its highest point in 34 years, and we are just getting started.” Why does he have to attack Obama so much? We've never seen such a disrespectful president in history.

Sure, I think that Trump has done a little better on the economy that had been projected. Optimism is high. However, Obama got it going. Really it is the companies that are doing awesome. Politicians get way too much credit. But Trump is just repulsive. How about this gem of a quote: "Trump also noted a difference between President Barack Obama’s eight years in office and the current outlook. This country was going economically down,” he said. “Small business optimism is at its highest point in 34 years, and we are just getting started.” Why does he have to attack Obama so much? We've never seen such a disrespectful president in history.

That may be because Obama left an awful lot to criticize, like the Iran deal just one example.

That may be because Obama left an awful lot to criticize, like the Iran deal just one example.

What is it that you don't like about the Iran deal? I don't think that the US should be the world's policeman. And I think that we should pull out of the ME. I don't think that we should be in the middle of this shi/sunni civil war. The deal might not be perfect, but it seems a lot better than the alternatives.

The "Iran Deal" assures it will have nuclear weapons, perhaps already has them, or within a very short time. Iran is a sponsor of terror throughout the world. If America was no longer the world's policeman, it would suit Putin to a tee. You don't understand Islam very well do you? This is an ideology that would send the world back to the 14th century, a time when Mo was beheading and terrorizing all who stood in his way.

The "Iran Deal" assures it will have nuclear weapons, perhaps already has them, or within a very short time. Iran is a sponsor of terror throughout the world. If America was no longer the world's policeman, it would suit Putin to a tee. You don't understand Islam very well do you? This is an ideology that would send the world back to the 14th century, a time when Mo was beheading and terrorizing all who stood in his way.

Big deal. We sponsor terror around the world. We have nuclear weapons. The rest of the world is fine save the parts we blew up. ;)

The only people with any real stake in a nuclearized Iran are Zionists and their sycophants.

Iran will have nuclear weapons no matter what, but with the Iran deal it might settle for breakaway capability rather than explicitly arming itself. Also, dismantling sanctions on Iran will make Iran more dependent on US and Western trade. The example of Cuba shows that prolonged sanctions against stubborn countries are absolutely ineffective in enacting change.

Big deal. We sponsor terror around the world. We have nuclear weapons. The rest of the world is fine save the parts we blew up. ;)

The only people with any real stake in a nuclearized Iran are Zionists and their sycophants.

They want to bring their brand of Islam to the world. Since most people don't agree this would be at gunpoint. Or nukepoint.

Furthermore, the Sunni/Shia conflict seems to be heating up more and more. We might see a regional war between them. Think Iran won't use the bomb if it has it?

They want to bring their brand of Islam to the world. Since most people don't agree this would be at gunpoint. Or nukepoint.

Furthermore, the Sunni/Shia conflict seems to be heating up more and more. We might see a regional war between them. Think Iran won't use the bomb if it has it?

I don't really care either way. You live in a world where North Korea and Pakistan has the bomb. If nuclear war breaks out, one of those two nations are far more likely to be a culprit.

Have you ever asked yourself why islam is so strongly antisemitic? It isn't just Iran but all muslims states that are antisemitic. is it because of their barbaric religion?

Have you ever asked yourself why islam is so strongly antisemitic? It isn't just Iran but all muslims states that are antisemitic. is it because of their barbaric religion?

I have, and then I did my research and found out why. Now I support cutting ties to Israel and washing our hands of the situation entirely. Let them reap what they sow.

I have, and then I did my research and found out why. Now I support cutting ties to Israel and washing our hands of the situation entirely. Let them reap what they sow.

I read your reply before you posted it. I expected nothing less from an antisemitic leftard!

So you're as antisemitic as they are?

(Hint: The antisemitism predates the existence of Israel. Thus blaming it on Israel makes no sense.)

This must be one of the most uninformed posts in this thread (quite a feat, actually). Of all the Islamic theocracies in the Middle East (most of which are US allies), Iran is demonstrably among the ones least into proselytizing!

This must be one of the most uninformed posts in this thread (quite a feat, actually). Of all the Islamic theocracies in the Middle East (most of which are US allies), Iran is demonstrably among the ones least into proselytizing!

It's interesting to me that the US government has always sided with the Sunis in their civil war. The Suni governments (they are all mostly dictators) love the US and support us. However, their people hate the west. They are very conservative and hate our way of life. Almost all Jihadists who have attacked the west are sunis. OTOH: it's the opposite in Iran. The Iranian mullahs (who have all the power unfortunately) are extremely conservative and hate the west. They are a brutal bunch of thugs who have killed and terrorized thousands of their own people. However, the Shia people are pretty liberal! They like the west. They want to wear western clothes and adopt our lifestyle. I've never heard of a Shia terrorist attacking the US (please let me know if I'm wrong). Anyway, I think that we should stay out of the Shia/Suni civil war.

They're more interested in imposing it at gunpoint. They are one of the main sponsors of terrorism.

They're more interested in imposing it at gunpoint. They are one of the main sponsors of terrorism.

If this is your idea of covering up for your ignorance, you're not making it any better.

One of the main sponsors of terrorism (and just as importantly the main sponsor of fundamentalist mosques in countries where a more relaxed brand of Islam is traditional, from Bosnia to Indonesia, thus potentially breeding "homegrown" terrorist groups in countries where this otherwise wouldn't have been an issue) is Saudi Arabia. Funnily enough, that's no reason to break ties with them, while Iran doing maybe (if that) one tenth the funding of extremism counts as good enough to paint them as Satan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom