• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Europe submits voluntarily

Status
Not open for further replies.
DrZoidberg lives in Malmö and now lives one bridge away. He can tell you whether it's true now, independent of what might or might not happen.
My point is that he sees immigration, even mass immigration, as an unmitigated good. So he would not see anything wrong in Malmö mo matter what.

No, I don't. I could forsee social problems with taking in Syrian refugees. But I didn't think we had any options. If there's a war on it's on the rest of humanity to pitch in to help those fleeing from it. It would have been immoral not to. Taking in refugees isn't the same thing as taking in immigrants. You didn't think we should have helped the refugees. That makes you a dick IMHO.

Sweden is a high tech country. For those with no connection to Sweden I think we should limit immigration to only those with higher education in relevant fields. It's as much for their benefit as ours. Nobody is helped by moving to a country where there's no jobs they can do. I'm not in the habit of giving away money to whoever wants it. I think that would be stupid.

I hope that helped clear things up for you on where I stand.

No, I don't. I could forsee social problems with taking in Syrian refugees.
You didn't sound like you did. You are just saying how any level of immigration is fine and it's all scaremongering by the right-wing "fake news".
And Sweden (and the rest of Europe) did not just take in Syrians, but everybody who showed up at the border, usually with their papers thrown away long time ago and often claiming to be minors even if they were much older. The migrants themselves are often not Syrian at all but Afghan, Pakistani, Bangladeshi etc.

But I didn't think we had any options.
Of course you had options. Close the borders to irregular arrivals. Anybody allowed to immigrate should have been vetted carefully, but majority of the refugees should have been helped in the region, i.e. neighboring countries like Jordan and Lebanon, not invited to trek thousands of miles.

Taking in refugees isn't the same thing as taking in immigrants.
If refugees were only granted temporary stay in Sweden, that would be one thing, but we all know all these mass migrants came to Sweden to stay. And also that many economic migrants are pretending to be refugees.

You didn't think we should have helped the refugees. That makes you a dick IMHO.
Helping does not necessarily take the form of opening the borders to all that show up. That creates an immense pull factor, as Europe has seen first hand and as still happens. Migrants (mostly from Afghanistan and not Syria) are still arriving in Greece.

Sweden is a high tech country. For those with no connection to Sweden I think we should limit immigration to only those with higher education in relevant fields. It's as much for their benefit as ours. Nobody is helped by moving to a country where there's no jobs they can do. I'm not in the habit of giving away money to whoever wants it. I think that would be stupid.
And yet Sweden took in a lot of mass migrants who will never leave (on the contrary, they will write to their parents to find them a wife in their village to bring to Sweden as well!) who are not only largely non-educated, but also have a culture incompatible with the West.

Not really.

You didn't sound like you did. You are just saying how any level of immigration is fine and it's all scaremongering by the right-wing "fake news".
And Sweden (and the rest of Europe) did not just take in Syrians, but everybody who showed up at the border, usually with their papers thrown away long time ago and often claiming to be minors even if they were much older. The migrants themselves are often not Syrian at all but Afghan, Pakistani, Bangladeshi etc.

Of course you had options. Close the borders to irregular arrivals. Anybody allowed to immigrate should have been vetted carefully, but majority of the refugees should have been helped in the region, i.e. neighboring countries like Jordan and Lebanon, not invited to trek thousands of miles.

If refugees were only granted temporary stay in Sweden, that would be one thing, but we all know all these mass migrants came to Sweden to stay. And also that many economic migrants are pretending to be refugees.

You didn't think we should have helped the refugees. That makes you a dick IMHO.
Helping does not necessarily take the form of opening the borders to all that show up. That creates an immense pull factor, as Europe has seen first hand and as still happens. Migrants (mostly from Afghanistan and not Syria) are still arriving in Greece.

And yet Sweden took in a lot of mass migrants who will never leave (on the contrary, they will write to their parents to find them a wife in their village to bring to Sweden as well!) who are not only largely non-educated, but also have a culture incompatible with the West.

Not really.

With your tribilist filter going full blast Derec, your answers reflect your filters rather than DrZoidberg's actual responses. The middle east is out of water with warming temperatures going through the roof. Refugee = immigrant, yet you parse as if Trump's "America First" is actually a rational thought.

Hell, even I know humans are evolving tribalists. DrZiodberg demonstrates similar understandings. The choice isn't ours verses theirs. The functional choice is humans making adjustments for other humans in difficult times. Us-them is not profitable nor doable. Seems to me - and I expect it does to DrZoidberg as well - that religious segregation is going to have to give way to humanitarian inclusiveness if believers are to survive as part of the solution.

You on the other hand invoke religion defending measures reinforcing tribalist tendencies. Doing so can only inflame and exacerbate existing tensions. Although you have rights to take the position that what you have at hand is yours is yours and yours alone realize such posturing has repeatedly been demonstrated doing so only results in collapse of existing civilizations.

Since we've entered an age of humanist ascendency I think it is best to follow those tendencies rather than reverting to selfish protectionist instincts in relative good times.

With your tribilist filter going full blast Derec, your answers reflect your filters rather than DrZoidberg's actual responses. The middle east is out of water with warming temperatures going through the roof. Refugee = immigrant, yet you parse as if Trump's "America First" is actually a rational thought.

You are babbling. Is "tribilist" even a word? If you mean "tribalist", actual tribalism is very popular among ME Muslims. What do you mean by "out of water"?
"Refugee" does not mean the same as "immgrant", although under failed EUropean and to a lesser extent US, immigration policies the line has been blurred.

The choice isn't ours verses theirs.
Of course we have a choice here. Letting every Daoud, Tariq and Hassan immigrate just by showing up at the border without any vetting is suicidal.
Any society must be selective in their immigration policies if it wants to survive.
It's like the cytoplasmic membrane of a cell. It is there to selectively let things in. You dissolve the cytoplasmic membrane (aka "open borders") and the cell dissolves too.

The functional choice is humans making adjustments for other humans in difficult times.
Westerners should not be adjusting to the Islamic worldviews!

Us-them is not profitable nor doable. Seems to me - and I expect it does to DrZoidberg as well - that religious segregation is going to have to give way to humanitarian inclusiveness if believers are to survive as part of the solution.
The problem is that Islam doesn't practice "humanitarian inclusiveness" anywhere where they are in the majority.

You on the other hand invoke religion defending measures reinforcing tribalist tendencies.
No, I am invoking a defense of Western societies against the threat from the tribalist Islamists.

Doing so can only inflame and exacerbate existing tensions.
So, give in and let unlimited number of Muslims in or else they will get mad at us? But if we let them in and, for example, draw Mohammed, they get mad at us anyway.

Although you have rights to take the position that what you have at hand is yours is yours and yours alone realize such posturing has repeatedly been demonstrated doing so only results in collapse of existing civilizations.
Nothing of the sort has been demonstrated. Civilizations have often collapsed and/or supplanted through mass migration into their territory.
Now, let me bring the analogy of the cell again. Obviously, a cell cannot survive if the cytoplasmic membrane is completely impermeable too. And I am for sure not advocating for a closed society either.
So it's about striking a balance, about being selective. Something sorely missing when you open the floodgates to mass migration or, like in US as well, normalize illegal immigration.

Since we've entered an age of humanist ascendency I think it is best to follow those tendencies rather than reverting to selfish protectionist instincts in relative good times.

Again, it's about striking a balance. Either extreme will lead to ruin. The danger is in, like you and Zoidberg do, recognizing the danger of one extreme and running headlong into the other extreme. The authoritarians on the Right like Viktor Orban are doing the opposite. Neither is good.

You're just jealous that this man gets to have a lot of sex.
Not at all. First of all, his wife is ugly. Second, after 11 children, her vajeen hang like sleeve of wizard. [btw, that video omitted the crucial next line]

While you spend your time ranting about your involuntary celibacy.
Just a temporary setback during the pandemic. Don't want to risk catching the Corona from a provider. :)

Am I right?
You could not be any more wrong. Especially since one can have a lot of sex without also having a lot of children for the welfare scam.

I can't ever remembering you reading and understanding anything I have written. Instead you have projected things onto me.

You seem to suffer under the illusion that we took in refugees to Europe because it would help our economy. It's was purely a humanitarian mission. A motivation you don't seem to understand.

That said, taking in refugees, have historically always ended up being an economic net boon for the recipient nation. It just may take a while. And it can get messy. But if all you care about is money, it's a win win.

It was a fucking disgrace that we didn't grant Afghanis refugee status. They had an on-going civil war. They still do. USA had leaned on the UN to make them pretend Afghanistan was pacified in order to label it mission accomplished. But it wasn't. As the current situation proves. It's a problem with refugees. They have often lost everything. Including papers. You have a habit of making demands on refugees designed with the sole purpose of not having to take in any. That just makes you a dick IMHO. It's like putting a gag on a woman and then not calling it rape because she didn't say no.

The majority of the refugees are helped in the region. And has been all the time. Today the Syrian refugees in Lebanon outnumber the Lebanese. Moving more refugees away from the epicentre of trouble is important. The refugee camps in and around Syria are so big and overcrowded that it leads to all manner of social problems. You'd know this if you could be bothered to do your homework.

The vetting process for refugees are already absurdly rigid. It's many times unnecessarily strict. And you would know this if you could be bothered to look it up.

That is not the fault of the refugees. That's down to how we chose to design our rules. So far refugees aren't automatically granted immigrant status in Sweden. Sweden changed the refugee law in 2015. As soon as there's peace in Syria all Syrian refugees will be required to return home. Nobody knows how that will be done, since this is a new law.

What pull factor could be greater than the push factor of having ones home shelled and work place strafe bombed? You're delusional.

We'll see. But Syria wasn't/isn't a backward nation. They aren't uneducationable. So I don't buy your gloomy outlook. There's a huge difference between the Syrian (not backward) refugees and the Afghani (backward) and Somali (backward as fuck) refugees.

The two greatest threats to Western freedom and culture are political correctness and extreme Islam. Which the EU is allowing to happen in bucket loads, voluntarily!

I have something against an extremist minority demanding to impose their will onto others.
Same goes for extremist "protesters" in the US right now.

Once they are a majority, they can take over the government and pass laws banning alcohol and pork though. Not to mention that leftist auto-dhimmies love to appease Muslims even when they are not yet a majority.
Did you just quote an article about right wing terrorism threats that the authorities consider credible enough to deprive security for the protection of a day care as enoug l evidence for what the lefty dies wrong?
Of course, historically only one religion has managed to prohibit alcohol sales in a western nation; And it was not Islam, and not in Europe.
If you mean US Prohibition, it was not chiefly a religious effort, unless you want to label feminism a religion. :)
Anyway, I am not talking of 100 years ago, I am talking about here and now. And the current anti-alcohol efforts come from Muslims.

There ARE no sharia zones. They are a figment of right-wing imagination.
There have been Sharia zones set up in England as well as in Germany where Muslim vigilantes have been enforcing Islamic rules.

We might be more prone to buy whatever valid point you're selling if you didn't interlace them with blatant lies.

I’m not aware of any ‘Sharia Zones’ in the U.K.

I am aware of a few isolated incidents, but as far as I am aware those involved were arrested, and were also condemned by local Muslim leaders.

Such ‘myths’, as they appear to be, are imo more dangerous, more divisive and more insidious than the supposed problem they allege to be concerned about.

I am aware of a few isolated incidents, but as far as I am aware those involved were arrested, and were also condemned by local Muslim leaders.

Such ‘myths’, as they appear to be, are imo more dangerous, more divisive and more insidious than the supposed problem they allege to be concerned about.

There were definitely cases of Sharia patrols trying to establish Sharia zones, in England and elsewhere, for example Wuppertal Germany.

Sure, you will dismiss those cases as "isolated incidents", but they show how increasingly brazen and demanding Islamists are becoming in Europe even at this stage of the game. As their percentage increases (and it will both due to mass migration and through mass breeding) they will become even more brazen.

Did you just quote an article about right wing terrorism threats that the authorities consider credible enough to deprive security for the protection of a day care as enoug l evidence for what the lefty dies wrong?
No, I posted an article about how a day care center has internalized their dhimmitude so much they banned pork from school lunches in order to appease a Muslim minority.

We might be more prone to buy whatever valid point you're selling if you didn't interlace them with blatant lies.
What "blatant lies"? That anti-alcohol efforts in Europe are driven by Islam, not Chistianity or that there have been "Sharia patrols" organized in England and elsewhere?
Because neither of these is a lie.

I can't ever remembering you reading and understanding anything I have written. Instead you have projected things onto me.
I have read and understood. You continually deny that there is any threat from mass migration and reject any restrictions on migration.

You seem to suffer under the illusion that we took in refugees to Europe because it would help our economy. It's was purely a humanitarian mission. A motivation you don't seem to understand.
Well many of those pushing for mass migration are touting supposed economic benefits, which I do not but anyway.
As far as humanitarian motivation, as I said, there were better ways to do that than opening the borders to all and sundry.
Especially when migrants could throw away their documents and claim they were Syrian even if they were Moroccan or something and also could claim to be 15 when they were really 20.

Read this:
At Turkey's frontier with Europe, everyone wants to be Syrian

Reuters said:
Vastly outnumbered by Afghans and Pakistanis at the border, Syrians who have fled their country’s protracted civil war say most of their fellow migrants are jumping on the bandwagon for economic reasons, and then pretending to be Syrian refugees. “It makes me angry when I meet people from Morocco, Pakistan and even Afghanistan,” said 20-year-old Yehya Rais from Aleppo, the scene of some of the heaviest fighting during the war.
[...]
At a kiosk next door, North African migrants said they had come to the border without identification documents so they could claim to be Syrians and boost their chances of asylum - should they make it into the European Union. “Our leaders are corrupt so we have no chance of a decent living,” said Moroccan Bader Abbasi. “If inshallah I make it to Europe I’ll say I’m from Syria otherwise they’ll send me back.” His friends, sipping Turkish tea, nodded in approval.
It's basically fraud, and one that will work as long as asylum officers in Europe are so damn gullible.

That said, taking in refugees, have historically always ended up being an economic net boon for the recipient nation. It just may take a while.
If "it takes a while" how do you know it is due to taking in refugees? It could be that "in a while" the country in question would have been doing even better without refugees. We don't know, as you can't run a control trial with a parallel universe.
Another problem with your view is "historically". Historically refugees taken in by European countries were fellow Europeans. Belgians taken in by England after WWI inspired the character of Hercule Poirot for example. The phenomenon of mass migration from wholly incompatible cultures is a fairly new one . Surely a Belgian police inspector will integrate into UK society and culture much easier than a goat herder from Hindu Kush.

And it can get messy. But if all you care about is money, it's a win win.
Money is not everything in any case.

It was a fucking disgrace that we didn't grant Afghanis refugee status.
Why? Afghans are the ones causing most problems, the most violent crime and also are most Islamist (99% believe in Shariah Law).

They had an on-going civil war. They still do.
Not in every part of the country. And their primary reason to move is safety, they are crossing thousand of miles of safe territory just because they want to reach rich European countries.
Read about this Afghan migrant: ended up in Romania, but he doesn't want to stay and apply for asylum there (even though it's safe) because he wants to reach Norway illegally. That's no longer being a refugee.
Info Migrants said:
Ahmad* is a migrant from Afghanistan. He hopes to reach Norway in order to get an education but has been repeatedly stopped at the Hungarian border. A few weeks ago he was faced with a choice, apply for asylum in Romania, or be sent back to Afghanistan. He has applied but he is adamant he doesn’t want to stay in Romania.
[...]
I came to Europe alone because it costs a lot of money and we don’t have much money. The journey from Afghanistan to Europe costs thousands of euros, as you know. I paid €9,500 to get to Serbia and another €5,000 or €6,000 to get to Austria. I borrowed the money from family, cousins and people.
These mass migrants pay a lot of money to illegally come to Europe. Even though there are safe countries much closer to home.
I left Afghanistan in September 2019. My journey is not yet finished because I don’t want to stay in Romania, so it has already taken more than four months. I paid smugglers in Afghanistan to get a visa for Iran. Then I traveled through Iran to Turkey; from Turkey to Greece, then to Macedonia, Serbia, and then Serbia to Romania
Turkey is perfectly safe. It's also a Muslim country. So why didn't he stay there?

USA had leaned on the UN to make them pretend Afghanistan was pacified in order to label it mission accomplished. But it wasn't. As the current situation proves.
Afghanistan has never been really peaceful. And it will likely not become peaceful in our lifetimes. So is EU and US obligated to take unlimited number of Afghans? And same for every other civil war on the face of the Earth? Surely even Sweden has a finite capacity to absorb migrants.

It's a problem with refugees. They have often lost everything. Including papers.
Or more likely they have thrown them away. Read that article about migrants at the Turkish-Greek border.

You have a habit of making demands on refugees designed with the sole purpose of not having to take in any. That just makes you a dick IMHO. It's like putting a gag on a woman and then not calling it rape because she didn't say no.
Not at all. But European countries need to be more selective. The open borders policy of 2015 spearheaded by Merkel proved to be an unmitigated disaster. Designed to help Syrians specifically it attracted Muslims from many other countries - Afghanistan sure, but also Pakistan, Maghreb (Arab North Africa) countries, even Bangladesh. There is no war in most of these countries.
Thousands of people were still flooding onto Greek islands or were picked up by NGO boats in central Mediterranean until the pandemic hit. I suspect the flows will increase to full force yet again as COVID fades.

You can't just take in everybody simply because they want to come it. You can't treat everybody as a minor just because they claim to be one. If there is advantage in being classified as a minor, people will lie. If there is an advantage in claiming to be from Syria or claiming to be persecuted in your country of origin, people will lie about that too.
Being realistic doesn't make me a dick. But even if it did, better a dick than a schmuck!

The majority of the refugees are helped in the region. And has been all the time. Today the Syrian refugees in Lebanon outnumber the Lebanese. Moving more refugees away from the epicentre of trouble is important. The refugee camps in and around Syria are so big and overcrowded that it leads to all manner of social problems. You'd know this if you could be bothered to do your homework.
Well the war in Syria is mostly over anyway. Major fighting is only in the relatively small area of Idlib. So Syrian refugees will be able to move back soon. Most probably could do so safely now.
No reason to move them further away from home - by which you mean Europe and not say UAE or Qatar or Saudi Arabia even though they are fellow Muslim countries.

The vetting process for refugees are already absurdly rigid.
Bullshit! All you need to do is claim to be Syrian and 15.
Sweden child migrant tests 'reveal many adults'

It's many times unnecessarily strict. And you would know this if you could be bothered to look it up.
Whether it is unnecessarily strict is probably a matter of opinion. Still, do you have a link backing up your claim?

That is not the fault of the refugees. That's down to how we chose to design our rules. So far refugees aren't automatically granted immigrant status in Sweden. Sweden changed the refugee law in 2015. As soon as there's peace in Syria all Syrian refugees will be required to return home. Nobody knows how that will be done, since this is a new law.
Probably not very efficiently. When Sweden tried to deport an Afghan criminal, some activist prevented the deportation by refusing to sit down in an airplane. Instead of just removing her from the plane and arresting her, the deportee was removed from the flight instead. Allowing such stunts makes sending migrants home much more difficult, slow and expensive.

What pull factor could be greater than the push factor of having ones home shelled and work place strafe bombed? You're delusional.
Push factor due to real danger from war is like hydrostatic pressure - omnidirectional. Pull factors are directional - pulling toward rich counties with generous benefits. That Afghan from the article above is safe in Romania - no strafing or anything. And yet, there is still a pull factor toward rich Western European countries.
Note also that many mass migrants are pure economic migrants. There is no war in Pakistan or India or Bangladesh. Even many parts of Afghanistan are safe - no shelling or strafing.
When Erdogan opened the border and tried to send many thousands of migrants across into Greece, a few of these migrants died. One of them was a Pakistani who was obviously not in any danger in Pakistan evidenced by him leaving Greece for Pakistan in order to marry a woman there.
The Killing of a Migrant at the Greek-Turkish Border
People like Gulzar are not refugees or genuine asylum seekers and he should never have been allowed into Greece in the first place.

We'll see. But Syria wasn't/isn't a backward nation. They aren't uneducationable. So I don't buy your gloomy outlook. There's a huge difference between the Syrian (not backward) refugees and the Afghani (backward) and Somali (backward as fuck) refugees.
That depends on the part of Syria in question. Obviously there are many uneducated and/or quite radically Islamist people in Syria, mostly in the countryside. If that wasn't true, ISIS could never have taken over large swaths of the country as easily as they have done.
Again, I am not saying "no Syrians". I am saying that host countries must be a lot more selective that they have hitherto been.

Last edited by a moderator:

The problem is you were played for fools. The vast majority of those "refugees" aren't from the war zones.

Typo in post #8634. I of course meant to write "omnidirectional".

[#8634 has been edited accordingly]

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I posted an article about how a day care center has internalized their dhimmitude so much they banned pork from school lunches in order to appease a Muslim minority.

Schools and day care centers have always catered to the dietary needs and desires of minorities. Your child has an allergy? The school will make sure it isn't triggered. Your family are vegetarians? Your child will get meet free lunches.

In many cases, shifting the diet for everyone will be too much hassle, or too much of a limitation for everyone else, or too expensive, so the entire school will not eat gluten-free because of one gluten allergic child (too much of a limitation, unless you replace pasta and bread with equivalent gluten free products, in which case it will get expensive), or vegetarian (again, too much of a limitation) because of one family. In other cases, foregoing that one food a couple of children can't/won't shouldn't eat for everyone is going to be less hassle and thus will be the option chosen - for example if a few kids are allergic to Brazil nuts, it might be simpler or safer to just not have them for anyone.

Pork, for four-year-old children who'll be hard pressed to tell the difference between a Schweineschnitzel and a Putenschnitzel, simply falls into the second group. It's an economic and pragmatic decision, not a political one.

What is political is that the school now needs protection from right wing lunatics who, in all seriousness, are threatening children!

What "blatant lies"? That anti-alcohol efforts in Europe are driven by Islam, not Chistianity or that there have been "Sharia patrols" organized in England and elsewhere?
Because neither of these is a lie.

There are no anti-alcohol efforts in Europe to speak of. There are no sharia zones either (which is what you said). .

You should visit more often and you'd know.

There may have been sharia patrols, under some definitions, but that's neither here nor there, a maximally uninformative claim. You can out on the street and call yourself a Klan patrol and there'll have been a Klan patrol active in Georgia for as long as it takes you to get arrested

It's based on volontary membership into a sharia legal system. Which is big among UK Muslims. They do stuff like arbitration in couples disputes, facilitate messy divorces and so on. Fundamentally it's nothing different than a Jew asking his Rabbi for guidance in life matters. It's just made into something that more resembles a traditional legal system. That's why western racists throw a fit when they read about it going on over here.

But it's volontary. So I don't see the problem here?

What is a problem is that they force this shit onto their kids, and they have to suffer through following the sharia while they're growing up. But having horrible over-bearing shit parents isn't unique to Islamic parenting. We can all have a shitty childhood regardless of religion, or no religion. And it is the prerogative of any parent, to raise their kids the best way they can, according to their own judgement.

The problem is you were played for fools. The vast majority of those "refugees" aren't from the war zones.

But some were. This has always been a problem with refugee situations. Career criminals embed themselves in a refugee stream in the hopes of starting a new life somewhere where nobody knows them. Economic migrants try their luck. Thinking that it's possible to filter out the adventurers from the genuine refugees is retarded. If we genuinely want to help suffering people having had their lives destroyed by war, we simply have to put up with some undeservering people exploiting it.

They go together. Just like a militant feminist ranting about equal treatment and then get offended when her date won't hold a door for her or pay the tab, is equally retarded. Things have consequences. And if we want to do the right thing we have to put up with not getting everything we want.

Schools and day care centers have always catered to the dietary needs and desires of minorities. Your child has an allergy? The school will make sure it isn't triggered. Your family are vegetarians? Your child will get meet free lunches.

In many cases, shifting the diet for everyone will be too much hassle, or too much of a limitation for everyone else, or too expensive, so the entire school will not eat gluten-free because of one gluten allergic child (too much of a limitation, unless you replace pasta and bread with equivalent gluten free products, in which case it will get expensive), or vegetarian (again, too much of a limitation) because of one family. In other cases, foregoing that one food a couple of children can't/won't shouldn't eat for everyone is going to be less hassle and thus will be the option chosen - for example if a few kids are allergic to Brazil nuts, it might be simpler or safer to just not have them for anyone.

Pork, for four-year-old children who'll be hard pressed to tell the difference between a Schweineschnitzel and a Putenschnitzel, simply falls into the second group. It's an economic and pragmatic decision, not a political one.

What is political is that the school now needs protection from right wing lunatics who, in all seriousness, are threatening children!

To add a personal anecdote, the kindergarten my child went to used to have three out-of-the-box options for catering: regular, no-pork, and vegetarian. Of course if a kid showed up with more untypical requirements, they'd find a way to cater to them too, but that's the ones where they offered a box to check at sign-up. Then one day they announced that they planned to switch to two only, vegetarian and with meat (but no pork) to make things easier. And they talked to all the parents affected and told them basically, if it's no big deal for you it would make our lives easier to only order two options and not having to worry about which schnitzel is which. And all of the parents agreed it's no big deal to them. They still kept the old forms though, so if someone really insisted on pork they could tick that box and the kindergarten would be forced to switch back to ordering three different meals.

But because parents know that children love their schnitzels whether they're pork or chicken or turkey, it didn't become a big deal. But than some dimwits in the yellow press raise a fuss about it, some fucks with nothing better to do (and no children, certainly not at the day care in question), start making threats, and you, an ocean away, take their side???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom