• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Far-right protesters burn and loot in Dublin in worst violence ‘in decades’

I will give a hypothetical.

If he was a productive citizen (not the case for this exact person - but many non-native, foreign-born naturalized Irish citizens are not losers and leeches) into a fight with an ethnic Irish adult male that resulted in HIS death... I am sure there would be a full scouring of the ethnic Irishman's full social media history and all possible video and audio would be looking for any ethnic or religious slurs uttered. He would then be described as Algerian in the press.

If you were to point out that the BBC should refer to him as an Irish citizen in this hypothetical scenario, you wouldn't receive a single post from me in disagreement.

If he was a productive citizen (not the case for this exact person - but many non-native, foreign-born naturalized Irish citizens are not losers and leeches) into a fight with an ethnic Irish adult male that resulted in HIS death... I am sure there would be a full scouring of the ethnic Irishman's full social media history and all possible video and audio would be looking for any ethnic or religious slurs uttered. He would then be described as Algerian in the press.

If you were to point out that the BBC should refer to him as an Irish citizen in this hypothetical scenario, you wouldn't receive a single post from me in disagreement.
He should be described as a naturalized citizen of Algerian origin.

To be more precise, one of what is hopefully a quite small minority of them that is a serious loser of a guy.

No reason to direct hatred to Algerians or even to him personally as a pickle brained alcoholic, but the government/NGO immigration complex is trash and needs to be corrected.

He should be described as a naturalized citizen of Algerian origin.

To be more precise, one of what is hopefully a quite small minority of them that is a serious loser of a guy.

No reason to direct hatred to Algerians or even to him personally as a pickle brained alcoholic, but the government/NGO immigration complex is trash and needs to be corrected.

That's a good idea. It doesn't however seem to disagree that Irish Citizen is accurate.

At no point did the article {snip} label him as Irish. {it's not about you}

The article and ministry of truth attempts to obfuscate the attackers background. The attacker is an Algerian muslim who legally resides in Ireland who went on a stabbing spree and seriously injured three kids. This is not "hateful misinformation".

At no point did the article {snip} label him as Irish. {it's not about you}

The article and ministry of truth attempts to obfuscate the attackers background. The attacker is an Algerian muslim who legally resides in Ireland who went on a stabbing spree and seriously injured three kids. This is not "hateful misinformation".
You're right; It's hateful irrelevant information.

I note that they didn't mention his shoe size; Clearly there's a vile conspiracy to conceal from the public the extent of the vile crimes of the small-footed people.

And equally clearly, it is the duty of every red-blooded Irishman to root out people with small feet from their community, and to oppose the open door immigration policy that allows people to be granted citizenship without even the most cursory examination of their shoe size.

The article and ministry of truth attempts to obfuscate the attackers background.

The distinction is made to emphasize that the perpetrator was not a migrant.

The ministry of truth went further than that. The ministry of truth then accused the people disseminating the fact that an Algerian muslim perpetrated the attacks were being "hateful" and that this was fact was "misinformation".

You should also assume that some of the people that helped stop him were followers of teh Islam.
I am sure if that were the case the BBC would have that headline front and center. But unfortunately is was indigenous Irish (or shall we say Irish nationals who have lived in Ireland their whole life etc. etc) and a guy from Brazil that stopped the carnage so the BBC didn't really say too much about it.

The ministry of truth went further than that. The ministry of truth then accused the people disseminating the fact that an Algerian muslim perpetrated the attacks were being "hateful" and that this was fact was "misinformation".

It's interesting, I hadn't considered that perspective. In my view, Irish citizenship is similar to US citizenship, where individuals often have diverse national backgrounds.

The article and ministry of truth attempts to obfuscate the attackers background.

The distinction is made to emphasize that the perpetrator was not a migrant.

You should also assume that some of the people that helped stop him were followers of teh Islam.
I am sure if that were the case the BBC would have that headline front and center. But unfortunately is was indigenous Irish (or shall we say Irish nationals who have lived in Ireland their whole life etc. etc) and a guy from Brazil that stopped the carnage so the BBC didn't really say too much about it.
Well, that's true if by "indigenous Irish" you mean an Irishman, a Brazillian and a Frenchman.

It is not reported whether they subsequently walked into a bar.

One third of the people who disarmed the attacker were "indiginous Irish".

And if a US President born in Delaware of parents born in New England, who has never held Irish citizenship nor lived in Ireland can declare himself to be "Irish", then I am damn sure that a naturalised Irish citizen, who has lived in the country for decades, is entitled to that description.

And if a US President born in Delaware of parents born in New England, who has never held Irish citizenship nor lived in Ireland can declare himself to be "Irish", then I am damn sure that a naturalised Irish citizen, who has lived in the country for decades, is entitled to that description.
On the other hand, Trump's father was a "German immigrant", despite being born in New York and never having lived anywhere else. The flexibility of labels is a fascinating thing.

I think that you, Politesse know full well what indigenous means.

It would be accurate to call the Irish people in the year 1800 "indigenous" from the perspective of the British colonizing force.

I think that you and your political cohort would not call the descendants of those same people (even if proof of no outbreeding with other peoples) still living in Ireland today indigenous. That there are many other migrants in Ireland that your political cohort would call indigenous is part of the reason to withhold labeling Irish as indigenous.

"Indigenous" has political underdog capital.

You would call the Algerian one time migrant and now citizen and killer a "racialized" person.

From the basic Google search of the word indigenous it shows

1. originating or occurring naturally in a particular place; native.
"coriander is indigenous to southern Europe"

2. (of people) inhabiting or existing in a land from the earliest times or from before the arrival of colonists.
"she wants the territorial government to speak with Indigenous people before implementing a program"

It's interesting, I hadn't considered that perspective. In my view, Irish citizenship is similar to US citizenship, where individuals often have diverse national backgrounds.
Citizenship is attainable in most countries. In some cases citizenship can be revoked. Maybe mister Stabby Stabberson from Algeria will get his ass kicked back to where he came from.

Last edited:

Citizenship is attainable in most countries. In some cases citizenship can be revoked. Maybe mister stabby from Algeria will get his ass kicked back to where he came from.

I'd be okay with Trump getting his citizenship revoked and getting his ass kicked to Russia.
Tom

Citizenship is attainable in most countries. In some cases citizenship can be revoked. Maybe mister stabby from Algeria will get his ass kicked back to where he came from.

I'd be okay with Trump getting his citizenship revoked and getting his ass kicked to Russia.
Tom
I dunno. It would suck to see Obama sent back to Kenya a few years later.

Tom
I dunno. It would suck to see Obama sent back to Kenya a few years later.

Um...
What?

A few years later than what?

Obama didn't instigate an insurrection.

Tom

Obama didn't instigate an insurrection.
So what? Democrats didn't steal the 2020 election either.
If/when Republicans ever regain executive power it will be a dangerous day for the designated vermin.

I think that you, Politesse know full well what indigenous means.

It would be accurate to call the Irish people in the year 1800 "indigenous" from the perspective of the British colonizing force.

I think that you and your political cohort would not call the descendants of those same people (even if proof of no outbreeding with other peoples) still living in Ireland today indigenous. That there are many other migrants in Ireland that your political cohort would call indigenous is part of the reason to withhold labeling Irish as indigenous.

"Indigenous" has political underdog capital.

You would call the Algerian one time migrant and now citizen and killer a "racialized" person.

From the basic Google search of the word indigenous it shows

1. originating or occurring naturally in a particular place; native.
"coriander is indigenous to southern Europe"

2. (of people) inhabiting or existing in a land from the earliest times or from before the arrival of colonists.
"she wants the territorial government to speak with Indigenous people before implementing a program"

I have no idea what you're on about. I know what indigenous means, and I do think that the plantation of Ulster was a vicious crime, mercilessly committed both against and by my ancestors. But what has that got to do with the thread?

Citizenship is attainable in most countries. In some cases citizenship can be revoked. Maybe mister Stabby Stabberson from Algeria will get his ass kicked back to where he came from.

Persisting with the hate-centric theme for a touch of consistency, I see?

Persisting with the hate-centric theme for a touch of consistency, I see?
Persisting with posting for the sake of it I see.

Back
Top Bottom