• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Far-right protesters burn and loot in Dublin in worst violence ‘in decades’

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Don't be a dick.
LONDON — Right-wing protesters, angered by a stabbing attack they believed had involved someone of immigrant background, rampaged through central Dublin on Thursday night, leaving behind a trail of burning destruction.

Ireland’s police chief on Friday described the unrest, in which double-decker buses, trams and police cars were torched, as “scenes that we have not seen in decades.”

The violence and looting through some of Dublin’s most famous streets began after a stabbing attack outside a school that left five people hospitalized. They included three young children and a woman. Police detained a man who also is being treated for injuries.
Rumors spread online that the perpetrator of the attack was an immigrant or had an immigrant background. The BBC, citing unnamed sources, said the man was an Irish citizen who had lived in the country for 20 years.

Typical right wing reasoning, always bringing napalm to a knife fight, and insisting nevertheless that everyone but themselves are the savages.

Left five people hospitalized. Riots ensue.
Pretty lame. Our RW wackos would need to kill at least that many, just to make the evening news. Of course they don’t usually need to resort to knives.

Conservatives have allowed themselves to become groomed to extremism by people with a capitalist agenda to make money from advertising on it... and foreign powers that aim to destabilize Western Society.

The question is, how far will they allow themselves to be pushed to violent extremism.

When BLM does it, "mostly peaceful" but when it is the white working class it is "right wing burning and looting". Must be a BBC report.

Typical right wing reasoning, always bringing napalm to a knife fight, and insisting nevertheless that everyone but themselves are the savages.
It is amazing how this riot is commented on by the usual suspects on this forum vs. the excuses made when left-wingers (such as #BLM) bring napalm to a local QT or a police vehicle or a car dealership.

For the record, I think both riots are wrong. No matter the underlying grievance, rioting is not a legitimate form of political expression. Whether you are on the right or left wing.

When BLM does it, "mostly peaceful" but when it is the white working class it is "right wing burning and looting". Must be a BBC report.
CNN writing "fiery, but mostly peaceful protests" as Kenosha is burning behind the reporter sums up the 2020 race riots and the hypocrisy of the mainstream media quite well.

Conservatives have allowed themselves to become groomed to extremism by people with a capitalist agenda
I guess you prefer left-wingers being groomed by people with a Marxist agenda like the founders of #BLM?
to make money from advertising on it...
Marxist grifters make a lot of money for themselves too.
BLM finances under fire: Only 33% of donations given to charities as execs paid millions
and foreign powers that aim to destabilize Western Society.
You mean e.g. the theocratic regime in Tehran that some people on here don't think is so bad?
Or Putin who has a vested interest in US banning fracking for oil and natural gas because high US oil and gas production from shale deposits reduces his profit margins and ability to extort western Europe? Green Party candidate Jill Stein is very chummy with Putin btw.
The question is, how far will they allow themselves to be pushed to violent extremism.
Not any farther than left-wingers have over the last decade I would predict.

CNN writing "fiery, but mostly peaceful protests" as Kenosha is burning behind the reporter sums up the 2020 race riots and the hypocrisy of the mainstream media quite well.
You don’t distinguish between destruction of property and violence against human beings in terms of severity/morality?

I also dislike destructive riots that damage public and private property but I think such destruction is far less destructive and far less indefensible than attacking and harming fellow human beings.

Conservatives have allowed themselves to become groomed to extremism by people with a capitalist agenda
I guess you prefer left-wingers being groomed by people with a Marxist agenda like the founders of #BLM?
BLM finances under fire: Only 33% of donations given to charities as execs paid millions
You mean e.g. the theocratic regime in Tehran that some people on here don't think is so bad?
Or Putin who has a vested interest in US banning fracking for oil and natural gas because high US oil and gas production from shale deposits reduces his profit margins and ability to extort western Europe? Green Party candidate Jill Stein is very chummy with Putin btw.
I’m unaware of anyone who likes the Irania
N government.

You don’t distinguish between destruction of property and violence against human beings in terms of severity/morality?
I do, but wantonly destroying property or looting stores is not a "peaceful protest".
I also dislike destructive riots that damage public and private property but I think such destruction is far less destructive and far less indefensible than attacking and harming fellow human beings.
#BLM riots had been quite deadly. In addition to rioters who got killed as a consequence of their actions - like a guy who was run over while looting a FedEx truck in St. Louis - #BLM rioters have killed innocent people. Like the rioter who murdered a retired police captain also in St. Louis. Or the rioter who set fire to a pawn shop killing a man in Minneapolis (he received a sweetheart deal after the prosecutor with Biden/Garland DOJ argued for leniency because of the rioter's political beliefs). Or the rioter who murdered an 8 year old girl in Atlanta. Should I go on?

And I would not dismiss property damage either. Burning down a business, vandalizing a government building or a museum, torching cars etc. harms real people even if not physically. Property damage is not a valid form of political expression. I think you agree with that, right?

Last edited:
I’m unaware of anyone who likes the Irania
N government.
There have been people on here defending them re their proxy war against Israel and them funding and arming terrorist groups like Hamas, Islamic Jihad, Hezbollah and the Houthis.

It is amazing how this riot is commented on by the usual suspects on this forum vs. the excuses made when left-wingers (such as #BLM) bring napalm to a local QT or a police vehicle or a car dealership.

For the record, I think both riots are wrong. No matter the underlying grievance, rioting is not a legitimate form of political expression. Whether you are on the right or left wing.
Out of curiosity, why not?

No matter the underlying grievance, rioting is not a legitimate form of political expression. Whether you are on the right or left wing.
I see. Does this mean that you believe Canadian independence from Britain is legitimate, but US independence is not?

Are you lobbying for the USA to be returned to its former colonial status?

I do, but wantonly destroying property or looting stores is not a "peaceful protest".
#BLM riots had been quite deadly. In addition to rioters who got killed as a consequence of their actions - like a guy who was run over while looting a FedEx truck in St. Louis - #BLM rioters have killed innocent people. Like the rioter who murdered a retired police captain also in St. Louis. Or the rioter who set fire to a pawn shop killing a man in Minneapolis (he received a sweetheart deal after the prosecutor with Biden/Garland DOJ argued for leniency because of the rioter's political beliefs). Or the rioter who murdered an 8 year old girl in Atlanta. Should I go on?

And I would not dismiss property damage either. Burning down a business, vandalizing a government building or a museum, torching cars etc. harms real people even if not physically. Property damage is not a valid form of political expression. I think you agree with that, right?
I don’t have the time to look up every case you mentioned—kudos to your encyclopedic memory of crimes committed by black people —but according to the news reports, the person who set the fire in the Minneapolis pawn shop had gone through the building telling people to clear out and thought the building was empty. While his sentence was less than the full amount recommended by state guidelines, he still received a significant sentence. The fire was set and the man died during the Trump administration.

Generally speaking I agree with the laws that consider deaths as a result of arson are murder. Not having had the benefit of being in the courtroom or reading all the police reports, it is difficult to know how much Mr. Lee’s efforts to ensure no one was in the building mitigated the length of his sentence or whether that was just but the court seemed to think that the circumstances warranted a significant but somewhat reduced sentence. I don’t know if I agree, but I do believe in the justice system.

The OP is about riots in Dublin. Dublin is not in Iran and there is no evidence of #BLM involvement in the riots nor of Putin’s.

So what on earth are you on about?

Back
Top Bottom