• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

FBI Cincinnati building attack

blastula

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Gnostic atheist
I wonder what the over/under is on "MAGAT".

Republicans are thoroughy butt hurt by the FBI imposing a search warrant on MaL. Republican officials are driving this, expecially Boebert, Greene, and Cruz.

Like so much breathless late breaking news, the questions are more interesting than the facts.

Why would someone with an assault rifle use a nail gun?
I hope he's rescued alive from his insanity, so his story can be examined more closely.

Also,
Republicans are thoroughy butt hurt
you say that like butt hurt is a bad thing. Do you realize how many people pay for that?
:)
Tom

I hope we dont have another potential Oklahoma City bombing over all this. Geesh, the FBI is just doing their job and just maybe, just maybe these folks need to calm down and realize there is good reason to do this search and seizure. Not everything is a commie conspiracy.

Police are currently in a standoff with the guy. Motive unknown, but of course there is one particularly noxious possibility.
He has an AR15 and yet he is shooting nails?

Looks more like a misguided attempt at a protest than a genuine attack.

Police are currently in a standoff with the guy. Motive unknown, but of course there is one particularly noxious possibility.
He has an AR15 and yet he is shooting nails?

Looks more like a misguided attempt at a protest than a genuine attack.

Sure, maybe he was there to do some carpentry work.

The difference in premeditation to attack on a federal building is a big deal.

There's a lot lower barrier to rioting during a riot than for packing up and traveling to a federal building so as to assault it and it's population.

Be big and scary all you want over InCeNdIaRiEs, it's a fucking bottle of liquor, a rag, and a lighter. An idiot teen can throw that together in 20 seconds.

This idiot put together a fucking day trip. To assault a federal building. Because FBI agents in a different state did something.

Even when rioters riot, at least they are generally rioting against local cops for local grievances against that precincts's behavior.

This is like some jackass deciding to fire rounds into a parliament because the neighboring country passed a law they didn't like.

It's just so stupid!

And then to "buh whuddabout..." About anyone else doing anything else?

That goes beyond stupid into "bad faith".

Why would someone with an assault rifle use a nail gun?
Gun jammed? Had second thoughts?

It doesn't make sense that he would bring the gun if he never intended to use it. Everyone knows you don't just walk into an FBI office with an rifle. So the rifle was at least originally intended as the primary weapon, the nail gun a backup, but the backup ended up getting used for some reason. I can't make sense of it, otherwise. It is a strange story, and disturbing.

The FBI aren't choir boys, but this was wrong.

We've all got to stop loving institutions when they do what we like and loathing them when they don't.

We keep doing this and we'll be stacking bodies soon and on a daily basis, for no other reason than we aren't getting our way.

I wonder what the over/under is on "MAGAT".
Better question is that if he is MAGA (as is likely given recent FBI raid) will Garland's DOJ seek a longer sentence then they are giving to the pair of #BLM terrorists who made, distributed and used (against a NYPD vehicle) incendiary devices colloquially known as "Molotov cocktails"?

Guess we'll just have to wait and see. For now can we both agree this was wrong? I'll also like to add that this should not reflect on every MAGA supporter. It's so annoying when a whole movement is discredited because some of those people who claim to be a part of that movement do fucked up shit. If we wait until everyone is an angel before going over and working on our issues we won't get anywhere.

Grown folk talk.
I don't think every Trump supporter is on the hook for this, but I do think that Trump and others are partially culpable, in that they've been openly calling for violence for the last few days. #civilwar has been trending on Twitter ever since the incident was reported; Steven Crowder specifically called for a violent action the day after the search, typing "Tomorrow is war, sleep well." There's always going to be someone who takes rhetoric like that seriously, and encouraging it is at best irresponsible.

It doesn't make sense that he would bring the gun if he never intended to use it. Everyone knows you don't just walk into an FBI office with an rifle. So the rifle was at least originally intended as the primary weapon, the nail gun a backup, but the backup ended up getting used for some reason. I can't make sense of it, otherwise. It is a strange story, and disturbing.
A handgun would be an appropriate backup weapon to a rifle, not a carpentry tool that is ineffective as a ranged weapon.
It is a strange story.

The FBI aren't choir boys, but this was wrong.

We've all got to stop loving institutions when they do what we like and loathing them when they don't.

We keep doing this and we'll be stacking bodies soon and on a daily basis, for no other reason than we aren't getting our way.
Loving institutions? No President property is getting searched without a substantial amount of evidence for a judge to sign off on.

However, the FBI? How about the AM Radio dial. Yesterday, numerous hosts were passively aggressively calling for action against the FBI, DoJ, and Democrats. Even elected Republicans were way too energetic about how this search was wrong, when they know nothing of it. And the fact Trump didn't post the search warrant online, implies there is something on it that he doesn't want people to see.

In 30 minutes, Merrick Garland is scheduled to make an official announcement about the raid on Mar-A-Lago.
link
article said:
Attorney General Merrick Garland is expected to make a public announcement at 2:30 p.m., according to a person familiar with his schedule, as public debate swells over the FBI’s search Monday of former President Donald Trump’s Florida home.
Well, we wait and see what he says. Hopefully it is good, because if this was over cocktail napkins, the right will have a field day.

The AM radio today had one host suggest that the documents could be confidential documents that could harm Biden and the Democrats, so they would never make those documents public. I've got to applaud them for that spin. It is genius! It admits to Trump committing a crime, committing conspiracy to leak the documents, but... he is the hero because those documents harm the Democrats.

He exchanged fire with police and they are in a standoff. I doubt the police are in a stand off over the nail gun.

However, the FBI? How about the AM Radio dial. Yesterday, numerous hosts were passively aggressively calling for action against the FBI, DoJ, and Democrats. Even elected Republicans were way too energetic about how this search was wrong, when they know nothing of it. And the fact Trump didn't post the search warrant online, implies there is something on it that he doesn't want people to see.

Trump is right now glued to TV cheering this guy on.

I do not see how that should matter.
Well, it does.

You can rail against N.Y. all you want. Attacking a federal office is very different, when it comes to involvement of the Feds. It's really that simple.
Tom

Looks like our resident RW extremist apologist has some more ‘splainin’ to do.

He exchanged fire with police and they are in a standoff. I doubt the police are in a stand off over the nail gun.

Of course it’s possible that the “exchange” was steel nails exchanged for lead bullets, but I wouldn’t bet on it. Not that it matters though - basically the same thing, just as breaking copshop windows is the same thing as trying to overthrow American democracy by attacking the nation’s Capitol with an armed mob to prevent the certification of a free and fair election. Exactly the same thing, especially if they set the copshop on fire, increasing the dreaded property damage.

Back
Top Bottom