• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pinned Folding team - The Godless Ones

Denotes a thread or post that is permanently displayed at the top of the subforum.
I downloaded the folding program and will try this out. It is an interesting idea indeed! Why haven't I heard of this before now?

Uh, 200th is the at the top of the two hundreds, not at the bottom of the one hundreds. That will take place by Saturday (Sunday, down under) if there isn't another Windows 10 update.

Is this going to be a Y2K/Millennium Problem problem?

As I figure it, Team #1 through #100 comprise the top 100 teams. Teams #101 through #200 comprise the next 100 teams. As of now, we're in the #200 slot, so we're in the Top 200 teams.

Uh, 200th is the at the top of the two hundreds, not at the bottom of the one hundreds. That will take place by Saturday (Sunday, down under) if there isn't another Windows 10 update.

Is this going to be a Y2K/Millennium Problem problem?

As I figure it, Team #1 through #100 comprise the top 100 teams. Teams #101 through #200 comprise the next 100 teams. As of now, we're in the #200 slot, so we're in the Top 200 teams.

We're still on the third page. When we get to 199 we'll be on the second page.

I'm not sure what page you're referring to.

For the site I check every day, we're at the bottom of the second page.

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_list.php?s=&p=2

But I'm not sure what the relevance of "page number" has to do with my original claim, that our team has made the top 200 list.

I go from FAHControl to my reference page http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=fromderinside

thense to stats at http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=34395&p=1

finally to stats for The Godless Ones http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=34395

on the second page, page one, not your page two, I find us on page three of that list.

I believe the powers that be built pages from 0-99, 100-100, 200-299, etc. So yes, it's exactly like the Y2K problem for programmers in the late nineties.

on the second page, page one, not your page two, I find us on page three of that list.

I can't parse this.

I believe the powers that be built pages from 0-99, 100-100, 200-299, etc. So yes, it's exactly like the Y2K problem for programmers in the late nineties.

What's the name of the team that currently hold position #0?

I see that we were just passed by The Swiss Crunchers today, so we've slipped out of the top 200 rankings to occupy position #201. But we'll regain it in a day and a half.

I downloaded the folding program and will try this out. It is an interesting idea indeed! Why haven't I heard of this before now?

I don't know. It's been around for a long time. I know I've been doing it for at least 10 years already. Are you MysteryManIntl? Welcome either way. Always nice to have new team members!

My production slipped over the holidays as I was off during the week of Xmas - New Years, and the work computer got shut down during the latter portion of that time. My numbers are now coming back up to speed. It was also nice to see us crack the top 200 teams, even if we were temporarily bumped. If we can keep up these production levels, we should move more securely into the top 200 and not have to fear getting bumped.

By the way, for anyone who might be interested in doing something similar, but in a more active role, there is Foldit, a folding program which you download and then work on puzzles in game fashion. I started working on it once, but life intervened and I've not been able to put any time into it for a while. I'd also forgotten about it for a while. Anyway, it's all good and in the name of science.

I'll have to check in with Puck to see if I can get her going again.

I couldn't get my 2 xeons to fold...
I installed the beta and now I'm folding as expected, but the interface is really slow
half the buttons and text within the app is not shown but it does look like the folding is going as scheduled

I couldn't get my 2 xeons to fold...
I installed the beta and now I'm folding as expected, but the interface is really slow
half the buttons and text within the app is not shown but it does look like the folding is going as scheduled

Bummer. Hope you get it worked out.

yeah through the web interface every thing looks good, but the advanced control interface is basically useless
so long story is everything seems to be working

I'm back online.

I stopped folding after upgrading to Ubuntu 16.04 because there was a dependency problem in the FAHControl package. That has now been resolved so I was able to install the control Gui again.

(I could have used the CLI or web interface instead but CBF setting up my GPU core that way.)

I've found that my computer is happy to let the GPU fold at "Full" power while I'm browsing the web but it has a significant impact on the DE's response time when I'm doing dev work. This means that I can run FAH while I'm browsing the Web but I'll have to switch it off while I'm working.

Huh.
Apparently this thing works better if you don't do electronic jigsaw puzzles while it's operating...

Back
Top Bottom