• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pinned Folding team - The Godless Ones

Denotes a thread or post that is permanently displayed at the top of the subforum.
OK. Back from granddaughter's graduation from Reed. One of her father's computers is F'n up and another is getting wobbly. He won't be back to get things straight for about a week So gonna limp along around seven hundred to eight hundred K a day for a while. Sorry about that.

OK. Back from granddaughter's graduation from Reed. One of her father's computers is F'n up and another is getting wobbly. He won't be back to get things straight for about a week So gonna limp along around seven hundred to eight hundred K a day for a while. Sorry about that.

Well, I'm now up to 3 machines working most of the time, so my output has increased, though not nearly enough to make up this shortfall. That's alright, we're still well above where we were not all that long ago. As long as we're all still contributing, that's good.

Great news, I figured out which component was overheating.
I ordered a replacement and it should be here in a couple of weeks
I'm stoked

Kind of aggravating... It can take 12 hours to earn 10,000 points, then the next day 21 hours to earn just under 8000.

What causes this variance? Is it just the way they set up the problem for distribution?

Complexity of molecule folding I think. Very similar score for task goes from 45 seconds a fold to 1 minute 30 seconds a fold. Obviously a big time difference. I've had tasks that run over 5 minutes a fold and I've go arse kicking processor typically getting between 520000 to 790000 points a day metrics.

power supply failure, drawing to much energy going to replace with a 1500 watt

I'm a few days late with this, apparently, but congrats to us for getting to the 750,000,000 point mark! 3/4 of a billion points! At our current pace of, let's call it 1.1 million/day, we'll reach 1 billion points in just under 230 days from now. That's early-mid April 2018 if my calculations are correct. It'd be nice to hit that mark sooner, of course. Perhaps a new team member or two, or some returners would be nice.

Woohoo! We hit 800 million points over the weekend!

Nice job, everyone! Keep up the good work.

Not bad for only eight active members. We're still clawing up the team ranks, passing more than being passed.

Well, Quetzacoafold finally passed me up this weekend, putting me at the bottom of the active users in total points, though I'm still creeping slowly up the list. Also, I know my client on work machine #2 got stopped on Friday. Co-worker called, "Hey, did you leave something running here? The CPU usage is running really high on this machine!"

Also, I'm new to the Chrome extension which lets you fold when you have that browser open. It seems to have relegated my normal CPU client to a secondary status, which is fine except I think it might be making that take longer, and the Chrome client, while it buzzes through a lot of WUs, only gives me 125 points for each one. I'm wondering if my production is suffering because of that.

is anyone else being robbed? My computer has been plugging away productively, but it seems that several days of production have disappeared into Dimension X....

My stats were zero for several days, then all of a sudden a giant surge.

My stats were zero for several days, then all of a sudden a giant surge.

I, too, got zero for some days. But no enormous surge, like has happened once before, just back to normal. I think there was a message that there were server problems.

I have another problem as well: A couple of old, slow rescue computers have been folding faithfully for quite some time. Not many hundreds of point per day each, but they do contribute. Now, one after the other, on the advanced control screen they pretend to be updating - but there is no activity registered in the task manager for days. They do no other work than folding. Obliterating F@H and re-installing the complete package hasn't helped where I tried.

I've had the download stall and point updates stall
I think the software is sketchy, but given time it seems to start working all of a sudden
I've even had to use the beta release to fold on my xeon tower, but that machine died and I haven't been able to figure out why
as far as the download stall on antiquated machines, you might want to inquire if they are still supported

Back
Top Bottom