• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

For $26, You Can Now Buy Chapstick Based on Your Astrological Sign

phands

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Hardcore Atheist
I knew people who believe in astrology are stupid, but this takes the cake. And who pays $26 for a chapstick when you can get them for $2???

How many times, when putting on chapstick, have you thought to yourself, Well, this is swell, but it doesn’t quite feel as tailored to my lip-moistening needs since I’m a Libra?

At least a million times, probably! Or none. Either way, Susan Miller, who like all other astrologers is an “astrologer to the stars,” has her very own line of lip balms now, all of which cost $26 — a completely normal price for chapstick.

The line is a “collaboration’ with Fresh, and each tube has a label on it with the astrological sign of one’s choice. What Miller did, exactly, to “collaborate” is a mystery. What insight, exactly, might an astrologer have into the world of lip balm? (And not just any lip balm, mind you, but $26 “personalized” lip balm which is more expensive, somehow, than Fresh’s $18 non-zodiac lip balm.) Are the ingredients specially tailored to the movement of the planets? Is it possible that Leos are more likely to get chapped than Tauruses and require a more serious lip moisturizing regimen? Do Pisces prefer a cherry flavoring? Is there a sign that’s more prone to want that gross Dr. Pepper-flavored Lip Smackers one?

What wonders will we discover in this new line of products you didn’t know you needed because you don’t?!
TWIST! None. You will find no wonders at all. All the chapsticks are the exact same chapstick. There is no difference between any of them. They are all completely interchangeable, except for the label on the outside — which actually sounds like a rather profound statement on the pseudoscience of astrology, though it’s doubtful this was the intention.

http://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/...uy-chapstick-based-on-your-astrological-sign/

Last edited:
Sagittarians are known lip biters.

Scorpios need one that is well-disguised as something else, since they won't want to identify publically as astrology believers (unless there's a business advantage involved).

Sounds like an awesome idea! I see it more of a novelty item bought as a gift in passing, but still, a market of wants in the midst of being satisfied, heck yeah. Seems like a fun gift idea. One need not have a belief in ghosts to take an interest in such things. Doesn't seem to be any teary-eyed harm, and a profit to be made? What-what!

Sounds like an awesome idea! I see it more of a novelty item bought as a gift in passing, but still, a market of wants in the midst of being satisfied, heck yeah. Seems like a fun gift idea. One need not have a belief in ghosts to take an interest in such things. Doesn't seem to be any teary-eyed harm, and a profit to be made? What-what!

I'm with you. I just wish that I had thought of this. I am always in awe of innovative capitalists that create and then capitalize on a market that appeals the the silliness and fun side of us humans. Some of the other useless but fun products of the past are hula hoops, pet rocks, silly string, etc. The people who think of then market these silly things make a fortune while feeding the whimsy of their customers.

Oh, crap.
I saw the subject line and went looking for zodiac-specific CHOPsticks.
I thought it would make a nice pun, serving sushi with Pices 'sticks.
Or Taurus for beef stir-fry.

I was hoping they'd come in a set, but $26 for a joke is not entirely off the table for me. At least if _I_ laugh.

And it turns out they're a lot cheaper than that!

But chapstick?

I must admit, I am aware that I'm Libra, and I know 'my' stone is sapphire, but I think my associated lip balm is 'whatever the fuck, man, just gimme one.'

Back
Top Bottom