• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Forgery suspect killed by cop restricting his airway

I am unaware of anyone making such an observation, so why are you trying to change the focus?

Whenever #BLM/Antifa violence is brought up, it is being excused and downplayed.

That's not downplaying it, it's trying not to engage in a derail where you constantly attack black and/or female victims of crimes.

Only in the sense of against when #BLM protests are equated exclusively with violence.

Not exclusively, but #BLMers are rightly associated with violence. They have started riots in Ferguson after Michael Brown was killed (Congratulations, Michael Brown, for being 6 years crime free, btw!) and also started riots in Baltimore, Charlotte, Milwaukee, Minneapolis (2015) and others. They call them "uprisings" in an effort to justify them.

Michael Brown's stepfather inciting rioting and arson in Ferguson. And he wasn't even prosecuted for it. :rolleyes:

I am unaware of anyone making such an observation, so why are you trying to change the focus?

Whenever #BLM/Antifa violence is brought up, it is being excused and downplayed.
Except no one was doing that in this instance, which means your claim is literally false.

White supremacists even the ones who are "good people" are rightly associated to violence. But here you are trying to shift the focus from that alleged white supremacist with your observation.

Defending a Nazi.

Why am I not desensitized to Derec's bullshit yet?

Because you obviously lack reading comprehension. I wasn't defending him. Destruction of property is wrong whether it is done by left or right wing extremists.

However, just because some white supremacist broke windows at an Auto Zone does not justify all the rioting, looting etc. by #BLMers and Antifas that also happened in Minneapolis and elsewhere.

The thing is in many cases it's clear the rioters and the protesters are different people. There's no reason to think the Auto Zone case was an anomaly rather than the norm.

The question is how much of the rest of the trouble is likewise from false flag agitators like this guy?
I doubt it is that significant a fraction. There is more than enough desire to destroy on the radical left.

I am sure it is significant. See? I can make shit up too! This is fun.

The question is how much of the rest of the trouble is likewise from false flag agitators like this guy?
I doubt it is that significant a fraction. There is more than enough desire to destroy on the radical left.

Shit, wasn't the republican faction here banging on about false flags at one point? I could swear I tore Derec (or maybe it was dismal...) a new one at one point for jumping to the conclusion that something WAS a false flag, as if it was common.

Of course, the difference here is that there are actual people actually coordinating to invite. We have duck prints on the ground, and duck feathers, and whole flocks of ducks quacking over head about turning protests violent. I'm going to call this "maybe a duck?" We even have a dick in holding, in evidence. Let's call a duck a duck.

Weirdly, I do notice that when it is comically ridiculous to jump to false flag, a certain crowd is almost immediate to call it one... But when false flags are actually happening, clearly and in a coordinated manner, "I doubt it is more than a significant fraction".

"I doubt it is more than a significant fraction".

Shall we conform our worldview to reality? No let's warp reality lest we need to revise our worldview.

And that's the charitable way for me to frame it.

I'm not sure there's any need for it to be more than a very small fraction. You don't need a whole matchbox to get a pile of gunpowder to catch fire. There's already unrest and anger, there's already underlying dissatisfaction with wealth distribution in the US, along with other complaints around racism and the intersection of those two. And everyone is on edge from COVID. I speculate that a very few organized instigators can produce a much larger overall reaction.

I'm not sure there's any need for it to be more than a very small fraction. You don't need a whole matchbox to get a pile of gunpowder to catch fire. There's already unrest and anger, there's already underlying dissatisfaction with wealth distribution in the US, along with other complaints around racism and the intersection of those two. And everyone is on edge from COVID. I speculate that a very few organized instigators can produce a much larger overall reaction.

Also a very fair point. Most of the Boogaloo crowd were nothing but hot air, but just one or two trucks full of Hicks was enough for a lot of chaos in North Minneapolis.

Only in the sense of against when #BLM protests are equated exclusively with violence.

Not exclusively, but #BLMers are rightly associated with violence. They have started riots in Ferguson after Michael Brown was killed (Congratulations, Michael Brown, for being 6 years crime free, btw!) and also started riots in Baltimore, Charlotte, Milwaukee, Minneapolis (2015) and others. They call them "uprisings" in an effort to justify them.

Michael Brown's stepfather inciting rioting and arson in Ferguson. And he wasn't even prosecuted for it. :rolleyes:

BLM'ers are rightly associated with violence the same way that white people are associated with KKK violence--actually much less rightly associated with violence. White people have and still do make the rules and mostly run the courts and have a very long history of not caring about a few crosses or churches burned, voting rights advocates murdered, black children murdered, etc.

Shit, wasn't the republican faction here banging on about false flags at one point? I could swear I tore Derec (or maybe it was dismal...) a new one at one point for jumping to the conclusion that something WAS a false flag, as if it was common.

Of course, the difference here is that there are actual people actually coordinating to invite. We have duck prints on the ground, and duck feathers, and whole flocks of ducks quacking over head about turning protests violent. I'm going to call this "maybe a duck?" We even have a dick in holding, in evidence. Let's call a duck a duck.

Weirdly, I do notice that when it is comically ridiculous to jump to false flag, a certain crowd is almost immediate to call it one... But when false flags are actually happening, clearly and in a coordinated manner, "I doubt it is more than a significant fraction".

I live in Portland and have been at the protests several times. There are lots of obvious proud boys types and anarchist types and they are by far the majority of those instigating and carrying out the violence that is so weirdly misrepresented in the media.

I live in Portland and have been at the protests several times. There are lots of obvious proud boys types and anarchist types and they are by far the majority of those instigating and carrying out the violence that is so weirdly misrepresented in the media.

To be fair, the media weirdly misrepresents a LOT of stuff.

I'm a lot more concerned about the acceptance of the violence by a surprising amount of people. The violence and arson are clearly not being done by the day-time protesters... but there's a lot of people (at least on the internet) who seem to think that the violence is justified and acceptable.

To be fair, the media weirdly misrepresents a LOT of stuff.

I'm a lot more concerned about the acceptance of the violence by a surprising amount of people. The violence and arson are clearly not being done by the day-time protesters... but there's a lot of people (at least on the internet) who seem to think that the violence is justified and acceptable.

I don't think it is acceptable but I do think it is the natural course of cause and effect when the legitimacy of the rule of law is destroyed as is the case currently

On the third, fourth, and fifth nights of the riots, our neighborhood got together and posted a watch.

There were far right agitators all over. There were a couple arsons, one targeting a birthing center. Several of the agitators were tracked to a particular hotel where their vehicles, mostly lacking licence plates, or with plates covered, were reported to police.

In addition, a group called "The Boojahadeen", a group of marine veterans, were going around with assault rifles and threatening black protestors. It is unclear though if it was these "very fine people" or some other group of white agitators in a red pickup were the ones firing shots 8 blocks south of where I live.

Everything about it was awful.

At any rate, there was other violence too. As I've said many times, it isn't justified. But not all of it is "tragic". I can laugh at the idiot who steps on a rake they left in the yard while also knowing that it is unfortunate, after all. And I can laugh at the bank that steps on a majority minority community and gets looted and burned when they are no longer sheltered. Is it justified? No. Is it hilarious? Yes.

Back
Top Bottom