• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Game of Thrones

After all his sanctimony about family first?
He's more smart than sanctimonious. And even family hated that little twat. Cersei was literally the only person on the planet who did not thoroughly loathe him. Plus, he was proving to be a bit hard to control. Tywin is the real power right now and Tommen is a nice, pliable kid, not a powder keg like Joffrey.

However it turns out, I hope to see more interaction between Tywin and Odella.

I thought the last episode made it pretty clear who was responsible for ending Geoffrey's reign.

On a side note - I do really enjoy this show but the vast number of plot lines is really starting to frustrate me a little. There's only 10 episodes per season and it feels like the amount of progress that is made in any one story-line per episode is too marginal. From what I understand about the books this only gets worse as the story progresses. Anyway, I have really liked this season so far, but was much more engaged by True Detective.

He's more smart than sanctimonious. And even family hated that little twat. Cersei was literally the only person on the planet who did not thoroughly loathe him. Plus, he was proving to be a bit hard to control. Tywin is the real power right now and Tommen is a nice, pliable kid, not a powder keg like Joffrey.

I thought the last episode made it pretty clear who was responsible for ending Geoffrey's reign.

On a side note - I do really enjoy this show but the vast number of plot lines is really starting to frustrate me a little. There's only 10 episodes per season and it feels like the amount of progress that is made in any one story-line per episode is too marginal. From what I understand about the books this only gets worse as the story progresses. Anyway, I have really liked this season so far, but was much more engaged by True Detective.

I haven't seen the TV show, but I have read all of the books so far, and it does seem as though it is all getting a little too complex. I can't see how all the threads can be tied up neatly in less than another five or six books; but at the current rate of attrition, two books from now there won't be anyone left alive in Westeros at all...

Yep. I'm just suggesting that Tywin had some involvement. There's some details in the murder plot not yet fully explained. I expect we'll find out some interesting things at Tyrion's trial.

To me, every episode is like a complete movie in itself.

Yep. I'm just suggesting that Tywin had some involvement. There's some details in the murder plot not yet fully explained. I expect we'll find out some interesting things at Tyrion's trial.

True - there was some heavy hinting to that effect in the scene with Tommen in the previous episode.

I think he may have been involved because he is about family legacy more so than family itself. This has been specifically mentioned to him by Cersei how he loves the family name more than he loves his actual children and he didn't correct her. He has also mentioned it himself. And Joffery would have been disastrous to the family legacy after Tywin is gone and he knew that.

The other day I was worried about something, and I said to myself:

Fear cuts deeper than swords.

It had quite the calming effect.

I am glad HBO has deviated firmly from that monstrous crap that was the books. I was suspicious on the third book, and downright pissed on the 4th, and my suspicions were confirmed in the 5th. Martin himself is lost in this crap.

The last episode gave me hope that there will eventually be a resolution in the TV series, and probably before the final book gets written, about 15 years from now.

I finally decided, two seasons late, that I'd like to start watching Game of Thrones. The problem is that I don't have access to the first two seasons. I don't want to pay for them.

So, would anyone like to tell me what happens in seasons 1 and 2?
Don't worry about it. I haven't seen the show either, but I've read five of the books. It's a Soap! You can pick it up anytime. There's no plot, just storylines.

P.S. Tywin is the best and most interesting character. Pay attention to his storyline.

I finally decided, two seasons late, that I'd like to start watching Game of Thrones. The problem is that I don't have access to the first two seasons. I don't want to pay for them.

So, would anyone like to tell me what happens in seasons 1 and 2?
Don't worry about it. I haven't seen the show either, but I've read five of the books. It's a Soap! You can pick it up anytime. There's no plot, just storylines.

P.S. Tywin is the best and most interesting character. Pay attention to his storyline.
I ended up finding all the seasons and watching everything last weekend. By Monday I was shell shocked and in need of psychotherapy, but cannot wait for the rest of season 4. In fact, I've watched almost all the episodes starting with season 1 over again this week plus all the myriad extras, behind the scenes, interviews, character discussions, etc., that the OnDemand channel provides. :D I'm hooked!

I agree Tywin is quite interesting and instrumental. I think my favorite storyline is Arya and the Hound, and anything involving Tyrion. Dany's story has been absolutely amazing this season so far. Now looking forward to the adventures of Brienne and Podrick!

Dany's story has been absolutely amazing this season so far.
This is not a spoiler rather an opinion. It appears to me that Dany is a Mary Sue in literary terms. I don't think Martin is a hack and is writing a Mary Sue to please people or himself. I suspect she is in for a huge downfall from him as he destroys that troup. I wonder how the show will handle her.

This is not a spoiler rather an opinion. It appears to me that Dany is a Mary Sue in literary terms. I don't think Martin is a hack and is writing a Mary Sue to please people or himself. I suspect she is in for a huge downfall from him as he destroys that troup. I wonder how the show will handle her.
Yeah, I'm wondering if she is too good to be true and they will rip our hearts out with her story. We shall see.

Yeah, I'm wondering if she is too good to be true and they will rip our hearts out with her story. We shall see.
I haven't read the books, (I tried to, but hack, hack, hack prose, right from the beginning--makes S. King look like Henry James); but I don't think you lie down with dragons and come away psychically and morally unscathed

aOenemZ.gif

^^
I don't get it. Can someone explain it to me? I hate it when I am the only one who doesn't get a joke.

It's about the extreme emotions the story puts you through, then you walk away, but you can't stay away...

I have watched episodes from each season all out of order . . . And I am not sure it makes any difference to following the story.

Back
Top Bottom