• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged Gaza just launched an unprovoked attack on Israel

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
UN decides to put Israel on blacklist for harming children in conflict zones - "Blacklist may cause countries to impose arms embargo on Israel, say sources"
UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres informed the Israeli army's attache in Washington Maj. General Hedi Silberman of the decision, Israel National News reported Friday.

Guterres reportedly stated that Israel will be included in the blacklist alongside Russia and terrorist organizations such as ISIS/Daesh, Al-Qaeda, and Boko Haram.

Despite Israel's efforts to persuade Guterres to reconsider, the decision stands, with Israel slated to appear on the blacklist set to be published next week.
Israel will be mentioned as “Israeli security forces".

'Historic, But So, So Late': Israel Added to UN's Child-Killing 'List of Shame' | Common Dreams
The Secretary-General Office's annual Children and Armed Conflict report—which is likely to be released publicly later this month—has included countries and militant groups such as Afghanistan, al-Qaeda, Boko Haram, Iraq, Islamic State, Myanmar, Russia, Somalia, Syria, and Yemen. This is believed to be the first time the list has included a nation hailed by Western governments as a democracy.

"It took a genocide that killed 15,000 children and maimed and scarred thousands more but the U.N. has finally and rightly added Israel to its List of Shame," Palestinian political analyst Nour Odeh said on social media. "Arms embargo NOW!"
Israel's Prime Minister didn't take it very well.
Meanwhile, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that "the U.N. has put itself on the blacklist of history today when it joined the supporters of the Hamas murderers."

"The IDF is the most moral army in the world and no delusional decision by the U.N. will change that," added the prime minister
Though he might appreciate another entry.
This year's 2024 List of Shame will also include Hamas, which led the October 7 attack that left more than 1,100 Israelis and others dead, including 38 children. Around 30 minors were also kidnapped by Hamas, all of whom are believed to have been freed.

Meet the Kentucky Republican Who Beat AIPAC | The Nation - "So many Democrats are afraid to stand up to the powerful pro-Israel group. But a Republican congressman has done so, and he just scored a big primary win."

The American Israel Public Affairs Committee has targeted several progressive Democrats in recent years, with varying success.

"What is not as well known is that AIPAC has also poured hundreds of thousands of dollars into attacking a Republican incumbent." - Thomas Massie, R-KY in the House since 2013. a "true conservative" appreciated by the likes of the National Taxpayers Union and Gun Owners of America. He recently joined MTG in a failed attempt to oust Speaker Mike Johnson.

"But on matters of war and peace, he often sides with progressives, positioning himself as a libertarian-leaning Republican who opposes US military interventionism and military aid packages for foreign countries, including Israel."
Leading up to the Kentucky GOP primary on May 21, the AIPAC-affiliated United Democracy Project spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on attack ads against the incumbent. One such ad announced, “Israel, the Holy Land, [is] under attack by Iran, Hamas, Hezbollah and Congressman Tom Massie.”

Massie responded by calling out the attack ads, arguing that the “AIPAC superPAC just bought $300,000 of ads against me because I am often the lone Republican for freedom of speech, against foreign aid, and opposed to wars in the Middle East.” And Republican primary voters rallied to his defense, giving the incumbent three-quarters of the vote in the contest against his two rivals, including a former contender for the state’s Republican gubernatorial nomination.
Thomas Massie for Congress on X: "AIPAC announced ..." / X
AIPAC announced they were spending $300,000 against me statewide to run negative ads.

We raised $100,000 on the blowback.

Then Protect Freedom PAC began running $300,000 of the ad below supporting me statewide.

AIPAC, your smear campaign on this American 🇺🇸 has backfired.

UN decides to put Israel on blacklist for harming children in conflict zones - "Blacklist may cause countries to impose arms embargo on Israel, say sources"
UN is becoming more and more a rogue organization.

UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres informed the Israeli army's attache in Washington Maj. General Hedi Silberman of the decision, Israel National News reported Friday.
I think this guy is an antisemite. From the Hamas attack on, he has been squarely against Israel and its right to defend itself.

Guterres reportedly stated that Israel will be included in the blacklist alongside Russia and terrorist organizations such as ISIS/Daesh, Al-Qaeda, and Boko Haram.
One of these things is not like the others.

"It took a genocide that killed 15,000 children and maimed and scarred thousands more but the U.N. has finally and rightly added Israel to its List of Shame," Palestinian political analyst Nour Odeh said on social media. "Arms embargo NOW!"
There is no genocide and this was was started by Palestinians. If they did not want their children to be in harm's way, they should not have attacked Israel, murdered >1000 Israelis and kidnapped hundreds of others.
Nour Odeh (any relation to the PFLP terrorist Rasmea Odeh?) wants an arms embargo against Israel so it can't defend itself when Hamas and other terrorists attack it. Note that she has no problem with Hamas, Islamic Jihad and Hezbollah receiving plenty of Iranian arms.

What is not as well known is that AIPAC has also poured hundreds of thousands of dollars into attacking a Republican incumbent." - Thomas Massie, R-KY in the House since 2013. a "true conservative" appreciated by the likes of the National Taxpayers Union and Gun Owners of America. He recently joined MTG in a failed attempt to oust Speaker Mike Johnson.
But on matters of war and peace, he often sides with progressives, positioning himself as a libertarian-leaning Republican who opposes US military interventionism and military aid packages for foreign countries, including Israel.
It's funny how the anti-Israel left will praise a right wing Republican as long as he hates Israel just as rabidly as they do.

Meet the Kentucky Republican Who Beat AIPAC | The Nation - "So many Democrats are afraid to stand up to the powerful pro-Israel group. But a Republican congressman has done so, and he just scored a big primary win."

The American Israel Public Affairs Committee has targeted several progressive Democrats in recent years, with varying success.

"What is not as well known is that AIPAC has also poured hundreds of thousands of dollars into attacking a Republican incumbent." - Thomas Massie, R-KY in the House since 2013. a "true conservative" appreciated by the likes of the National Taxpayers Union and Gun Owners of America. He recently joined MTG in a failed attempt to oust Speaker Mike Johnson.

"But on matters of war and peace, he often sides with progressives, positioning himself as a libertarian-leaning Republican who opposes US military interventionism and military aid packages for foreign countries, including Israel."
Leading up to the Kentucky GOP primary on May 21, the AIPAC-affiliated United Democracy Project spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on attack ads against the incumbent. One such ad announced, “Israel, the Holy Land, [is] under attack by Iran, Hamas, Hezbollah and Congressman Tom Massie.”

Massie responded by calling out the attack ads, arguing that the “AIPAC superPAC just bought $300,000 of ads against me because I am often the lone Republican for freedom of speech, against foreign aid, and opposed to wars in the Middle East.” And Republican primary voters rallied to his defense, giving the incumbent three-quarters of the vote in the contest against his two rivals, including a former contender for the state’s Republican gubernatorial nomination.
Thomas Massie for Congress on X: "AIPAC announced ..." / X
AIPAC announced they were spending $300,000 against me statewide to run negative ads.

We raised $100,000 on the blowback.

Then Protect Freedom PAC began running $300,000 of the ad below supporting me statewide.

AIPAC, your smear campaign on this American 🇺🇸 has backfired.
What is your non RSS feed opinion of Massie?

The pre-primary ad blitz against Massie complained that “Republicans are trying to help Israel, but one Republican is standing in the way. Fifteen times in April, Massie was the only Republican voting with anti-Israel radicals.” Claiming that Massie’s votes are “helpful for Iran, harmful to Israel,” the ad finished by announcing, “Everyone who cares about the Holy Land needs to know, Tom Massie is hostile to Israel.”
Thomas Massie recently appeared in Tucker Carlson's podcast show.
HalalFlow on X: "Massie: ..." / X
Massie:"I've Republicans...say: that's wrong what AIPAC is doing to you...let me talk to my AIPAC person"

"What does that mean, an AIPAC person?"

"It's like a babysitter"

"Every member has...this?"

"IDK how it works on the Dem side...that's how it works for Republicans"
with some video of the two.

He seemed to be saying that nearly every Republican in Congress has an AIPAC babysitter for making these politicians follow the AIPAC party line.

Toward the end, they expressed appreciation of what they experienced of the people of Israel. That got this response:
Anne on X: "@halalflow ‘Generally good people’, very ‘entrepreneurial’: just apart from the child murder, ethnic cleansing, AI targeted genocide, dressing up in murdered women’s underwear, & wholesale corruption of western democracy, absolutely great people, lovely food." / X

[(Post snipped for brevity. Please trim down whatever you quote to whatever you respond to.)
What is your non RSS feed opinion of Massie?
I appreciate that he is willing to stand up to AIPAC, and I appreciate that he is willing to do so from such an atypical ideological position for an AIPAC critic.

Thomas Massie on X: "I traveled to rural Maine recently with my wife to do this interview with @TuckerCarlson. I said a few things that will undoubtedly get me in even more hot water!" / X
noting
Tucker Carlson on X: "Rep. Thomas Massie doesn’t care what you think of him, which is pretty great. ..." / X
Rep. Thomas Massie doesn’t care what you think of him, which is pretty great.

(3:19) Where Does US Debt End?
(10:32) Why Massie Voted 15 Times Against Funding Israel
(14:53) AIPAC
(34:04) Mitch McConnell
(42:25) Area 51
(50:32) Massie's Relationship with Trump
(57:09) Kill Switches in Cars
(1:05:58) Mike Johnson and the Deep State
(1:14:34) How Massie Got Into Politics
(1:18:29) Living off the Grid
I like him on AIPAC. Like how it ought to register as foreign agents as lobbyists for Israel.

He described how when he first got into Congress, AIPAC requested that he write a position paper on Israel. TM said that he wasn't doing others' homework. AIPAC said that they could use someone else's. TM said that he wouldn't do that either.

TM noted that a big argument is all the business that Israel means for US military contractors. To which I add that such a deal is complete with testing under real-world conditions, something not usually possible for most US allies.

He also described Republicans who wanted to do the right thing but who were afraid of what AIPAC might do to them.

Most Republican congressmembers have an AIPAC babysitter assigned to them, he says. Some Congressmembers refer to having an "AIPAC person". No other country does anything like this, he says. He notes that AIPAC pays to send Congressmembers to Israel.

He knows of no Congressmember with a "Russia guy", none who say "I'd love to vote for this but Putin doesn't want me to." Nothing comparable about China either, except perhaps for a Chinese spy who sleeps with a Democrat.

Reminds me of how someone with AIPAC connections contacted AOC and offered her campaign $100,000 for "starting a conversation".

TM also said that AIPAC sometimes seemed to want such things as war with Iran, even if many Israelis would not be eager to pick a fight with that country.

He noted AIPAC ~ Israel is like the National Rifle Association ~ gun owners.

Women and children of Gaza are killed less frequently as war’s toll rises, AP data analysis finds

AP said:
The trend is significant because the death rate for women and children is the best available proxy for civilian casualties in one of the 21st century’s most destructive conflicts. In October, when the war began, it was above 60%. For the month of April, it was below 40%. Yet the shift went unnoticed for months by the U.N. and much of the media, and the Hamas-linked Health Ministry has made no effort to set the record straight.

Note that "women and children [i.e. minors]" constitute ~75% of the Gaza population. So even 60% meant that they were underrepresented among the war's victims.
Oh well, that makes it okay then.

What is not as well known is that AIPAC has also poured hundreds of thousands of dollars into attacking a Republican incumbent." - Thomas Massie, R-KY in the House since 2013. a "true conservative" appreciated by the likes of the National Taxpayers Union and Gun Owners of America. He recently joined MTG in a failed attempt to oust Speaker Mike Johnson.
But on matters of war and peace, he often sides with progressives, positioning himself as a libertarian-leaning Republican who opposes US military interventionism and military aid packages for foreign countries, including Israel.
It's funny how the anti-Israel left will praise a right wing Republican as long as he hates Israel just as rabidly as they do.
Where is this "praise" you speak of?

This is a prescient video from Dec 29, 2022

Baruch Goldstein being honored like that so publicly is a bit gauche.

And where is the hate?

If anyone wants people to believe Massie hates Israel, they're going to have to show us more than his lack of support for sending billions of dollars of US taxpayer money to fund the IDF.

A lot of what he writes is true, of course. However, Hamas is not a reasonable entity one can negotiate with in good faith. Ever since the 10/7 massacre, they have not deviated from their position that all Palestinian terrorists in Israeli prisons should be freed in exchange for freeing all the (living) hostages.
And while there was some hope Noa Argamani could have been freed in Phase 1 of Biden's ceasefire proposal, as part of 30 odd "women, elderly and children" that would be exchanged for 100s of Palestinian terrorists (an already very steep price), the remaining three rescued hostages are adult men.
There is also the complication that the hostages are spread among different terror groups - not all are held by Hamas members. And those other factions would have to agree in order for all living hostages to be freed through negotiations.

Btw, the male hostages were apparently held by a Palestinian journalist.
Gaza journalist who wrote for Al Jazeera was holding 3 hostages in home with family, Israel says
NY Post said:
A Gaza journalist who wrote for Al Jazeera was holding three hostages in his home with his family before he was killed by Israeli commandos during a rescue operation on Saturday, according to the Israeli military.
Abdallah Aljamal, who also worked as a spokesman for the Hamas-run labor ministry, was killed when special forces soldiers stormed his home in central Gaza and rescued hostages Almog Meir Jan, 21, Andri Kozlov, 27, and Shlomi Ziv, 41, the Israeli military said.
Aljamal’s death was originally reported by Rami Abdu, the head of the Euro-Med Human Rights Monitor, who claimed Israel Defense Forces soldiers raided the journalist’s home and killed him and several members of his family.
Good riddance!

The far-leftist "The Nation" writing approvingly about a Republican because they both oppose Israel.
And where is the hate?
Not wanting to help a friend and ally defend itself from the war of aggression by Islamic terrorists funded and armed by the theocratic regime in Tehran.
If anyone wants people to believe Massie hates Israel, they're going to have to show us more than his lack of support for sending billions of dollars of US taxpayer money to fund the IDF.
Question: do you support sending billions to Ukraine to defend itself against Russian aggression? Then why would you oppose sending billions to Israel to defend itself from aggression by proxies of the Tehran regime?

The far-leftist "The Nation" writing approvingly about a Republican because they both oppose Israel.
And where is the hate?
Not wanting to help a friend and ally defend itself from the war of aggression by Islamic terrorists funded and armed by the theocratic regime in Tehran.

Or, to put it more accurately, not wanting to tax American citizens in order to fund another nation's government.

Old-school Libertarians are isolationist. They begrudgingly support limited taxes and tariffs to fund our military, but insist that money is for the defense of the United States only.

You are basically claiming that if someone doesn't give you all the money you want, they must hate you. That's absurd.
Question: do you support sending billions to Ukraine to defend itself against Russian aggression? Then why would you oppose sending billions to Israel to defend itself from aggression by proxies of the Tehran regime?
I support sending money and munitions to Ukraine to help it defend itself. I also support sending money and munitions to Israel for the same reason. I do not support sending money they can then use to carry out ethnic cleansing and seize land and resources that a different community of people have lived on and utilized for thousands of years, or munitions which they then use to murder and terrorize civilians. If it were up to me, the money and military aid would come with explicit and stringently enforced strings attached. No using it for ethnic cleansing, colonizing, or human rights violations. If a country wants to do that shit, it can pay for its own military forces itself. Don't involve America.

I am in favor of the Two State solution. I would vote to send US taxpayer money to help create and sustain it. Massey might support some initial funding but being an old-school Libertarian, he would not keep funding it indefinitely. That would not mean he hates it.

Back
Top Bottom