• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged Gaza just launched an unprovoked attack on Israel

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
Why did the Gazans not try the Rafah crossing which was controlled by Egypt at that time? There was the extra distance to get there but it dos not seem to have been too much extra.
That's a good question. Are you at all interested in finding out the answer?
Why did the Gazans not try the Rafah crossing which was controlled by Egypt at that time? There was the extra distance to get there but it dos not seem to have been too much extra.
That's a good question. Are you at all interested in finding out the answer?
Always interested in finding answers.
What I am not interested in is ad-hominien attacks or an unwillingness to acknowledge that Israel is doing its best to defend itself.
I'm not interested in Ad Hominem attacks, either. Or an unwillingness to acknowledge what Israel is doing and has done in the past, or to consider whether those past and current actions are the best way for Israel to defend itself.

As I said earlier in this thread, if you want peace you have to allow the peacemakers to succeed. You have to help them, if necessary, to secure the benefits of peace for their people and their societies.
Sometimes to secure the benefits of peace it must be backed up by force or the possibility thereof. Gaza is one of those places.
I agree.

How many times do I need to say it?

Should I use ALLCAPS and a colorful font to make it more noticeable?

I AGREE WITH YOU, TIGERS! SOMETIMES TO SECURE PEACE ACTIONS MUST BE BACKED UP BY FORCE OR THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF.

Also, CIVILIANS DIE AND COMMUNITIES ARE DAMAGED, IF NOT OUTRIGHT DESTROYED, IN WARS.

THERE IS A WAR BETWEEN HAMAS AND ISRAEL UNDERWAY IN GAZA RIGHT NOW. PEOPLE ARE DYING. BUILDINGS AND INFRASTRUCTURE IS BEING DESTROYED. NEITHER HAMAS NOR ISRAEL HAS SURRENDERED SO THE WAR IN ONGOING. THAT IS THE REASON FOR ALL THE DEATH AND DESTRUCTION, BUT IT IS NOT, AND SHOULD NEVER BE, AN EXCUSE TO SLAUGHTER CIVILIANS, OR STARVE THEM, OR CONCENTRATE THEM IN CAMPS SO THAT COLONIZERS CAN TAKE ANYTHING OF VALUE IN GAZA INCLUDING THE REAL ESTATE.

The greenhouse project wasn't just a commercial failure and waste of money, it was deliberate kneecapping of Gaza's economic prospects and a provocation.
As I have said on a number of ocassions that Israel was foolish to impose a blockage the way that they did, esp. at the beginning. Opportunity should have given to some attempts to develop a better Gazan economy.
Resentment against Israel increased when the trucks were held up at the crossing and the crops were ruined. If fuckery like that keeps happening (and let's be honest, we know it most likely will under the current Israeli government) then the hopes for peaceful relations between Israelis and Palestinians are almost non-existent.

Is that in Israel's best interest? I don't think so.
What is the answer to the question "Why did the Gazans not try the Rafah crossing which was controlled by Egypt at that time?"
Because there was no infrastructure in place that would get the produce from Rafah to markets in a timely manner, whereas the cargo terminal at the Karni crossing was designed for that very purpose, and had been working very well to get fruits, flowers, and vegetables from Gaza to markets when Israeli settlers were running the greenhouses.

Last edited:
As long as there are wealthy people who support causes - particularly religion based causes, such as catholicism, revolutionary communism, or islamic jihadism - there will be funding for any terrorist organisation that pays lip-service to that cause.
I was not aware that revolutionary communism was religion-based.
Then you weren't paying attention.

Back
Top Bottom