• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.
  • 2021 Internet Infidels Fundraising Drive
    Greetings! Time for the annual fundraiser.Sorry for the late update, we normally start this early in October. Funds are needed to keep II and IIDB online. I was not able to get an IIDB based donations addon implemented for this year, I will make sure to have that done for next year. You can help support II in several ways, please visit the Support Us page for more info. Or just click:

I will try to track all donations from IIDB. Many thanks to those that have already donated. The current total is $550. If everyone dontated just $5, we would easily hit our goal.

General Photography Thread

Toni

Contributor
I am hoping to make them both viewable and also downloadable/printable (in case we ever revert to the old days and want physical copies of stuff) to cover my bases, and to be usable across a variety of platforms. We're a mixed family: some us apple/mac phones and computers; some use other types of phones and a PC computer. One or two of us switch things up and haven't quite decided where we will (permanently)land.

I saw your lovely photos from your honeymoon. Do you feel it's quite secure. I am a bit...stupidly obsessed with the idea of having privacy and no one being able to hack our photos. There is no reason I can think of for anyone to actually do this. None of us is famous or even well known, no celebrity, etc. I have had friends who were surprised to find someone they knew from the internet showing unexpectedly and uninvited on their doorsteps so there is that....

Are you going to buy a scanner, or pay some service that has a scanner?

I actually already have a scanner. I've just uploaded a few photos to Google and will be inviting family to view the files. Actually, those were photos I had already had on my computer, from digital photography. Figured starting with a handful was easier than going through a whole lot of trouble for something people didn't like.

I do really appreciate everybody's help with this, letting me know what you used and is secure and is easy to use.

Grendel

Browne's Shaft, Broken Hill. 84 second exposure

This is a 5K image but had to reduce it to 2000 x 1300 to upload it here.

Hope you like

BrowneShaft.jpg

Grendel

Thank you for the nice comments and the rep-remarks from all. I will add a few more here from time to time.

In line with the OP's rules. My camera is a 35mm SLR and it has only ever taken photos in manual mode. I have to switch it to Bulb to hold the shutter open longer than 30 secs. But I have bought a small radio device that allows me to control it and hold it open from a distance.

(more than 30 secs on a digital, if pointed to the sky can destroy pixels in your camera)

This vid is mostly 5K still images and I just move the zoomed in window to give motion. The sound track is added later. I work at 60 frames per second and just add a single frame negative image to give the effect of lightning.

Cheers ... Greg

Amelia

Spammer
Road Utah Rocks!!

I am going to be there after getting stuff from GoldenBusTours Real Reviews.

road-1958388_960_720.jpg

Worldtraveller

Veteran Member
I want to learn how to do a composite like that. I have some good pics of a Brown Booby in a dive like that. They would make a great series, I think.

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member
15385492_1788155388100082_303022960547548982_o.jpg

Photographer Jack Trost said:
Boy did I stumble upon a treasure this afternoon. I found a tree along the shore of Lake Superior that had been doused with waves and frozen in icicles. I am not fibbing when I say I was able to stand under it.

So I waited to see what sort of sunset I'd be treated with. Am I glad I waited to find out. This is the result of the sunset shining through the walls of ice over the tree.

hurtinbuckaroo

Veteran Member
View attachment 30842

Photographer Jack Trost said:
Boy did I stumble upon a treasure this afternoon. I found a tree along the shore of Lake Superior that had been doused with waves and frozen in icicles. I am not fibbing when I say I was able to stand under it.

So I waited to see what sort of sunset I'd be treated with. Am I glad I waited to find out. This is the result of the sunset shining through the walls of ice over the tree.

That’s spectacular.

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Went to Mid-Ohio with my daughter... so I wasn't able to concentrate too much on photos. Also my first time to Mid-Ohio, so didn't know what was what and where. But I got a few nice shots. This is just before the Honda bridge, which is just after the S curves, and provides an easy and fence unobstructed view of the cars.

DSC05162_re.jpg

This was using my Sony DSC-HX20V (f/5, 1/400) which is point and click, but also has manual. I was forcing the Manual because I wanted the images to be as quick as possible while using ISO 100. It isn't a DSLR, but managed. Would have brought the DSLR, but didn't know the level of pack mule I was going to be.

Top Bottom