• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

God Made Trump

The people who stormed the Capitol Bldg were more likely to be white collar managers than dumb ass local yokels.

I'm trying to a make a distinction regarding intelligence, because we all know people who we wouldn't consider "stupid" that like/belove Trump. Intelligence isn't an across board thing. World class pianists are not necessarily good at math. Partisan intelligence is about being able to accept unfavorable truths. Our brain is wired to twist unfavorable truths into wins. And some are wired to obey the protocols of the Id (id... not laughing dog). The intelligence for these people could be decent, but their brains are wired to a different set of standards or priorities... and some are just well... deplorable. And some might mistake this guy as a business genius and are people that work really hard to get what they have and make a false assumption Trump is the same.

I have somewhat come to terms with that. I think there are more Americans who like kimchi than like trump. And that shit is VILE.
Is that the smell people are complaining about eminating from Trump?

I have somewhat come to terms with that. I think there are more Americans who like kimchi than like trump. And that shit is VILE.
Is that the smell people are complaining about eminating from Trump?
No no no. To get something that smells like Trump, go the McDonalds. buy a burger combo meal* with extra ketchup. Put the whole thing in a blender, pour into a bowl and set it out in the sun for four or five days, adding small amounts of water if it starts to dry out.

* You may need to order real rather than Diet Coke to ensure proper fermentation.

If he loses again, I anticipate more widespread violence. There had better be beefed up security at every vote processing center and state house.
Agree, but not in the way you think.

I am convinced most people who want a career in US Law Enforcement (not to be mistaken for actual Law Enforcement) are authoritarian sociopaths who never resolved high school bullying issues. There's an entire thread that substantiates my hypothesis. Fulfilling the fantasy of "keeping the peace 80s action movie style" is first and foremost in their minds. Fulfilling the fantasy of Red Dawn is first and foremost in the minds of MAGAtards

It's what the tacticool cosplayers call "green on blue" and I'm all for it.

The "God made Trump" YouTube has been taken down. Did the creators catch on that it made them look like assholes? Or was I right, that it was a sarcastic joke they took down when they realized Trumplickers loved it? :cool:

Surely some people downloaded it. Will they put it back up, and play Whack-a-Mole with Google's copyright police?

I'm trying to a make a distinction regarding intelligence, because we all know people who we wouldn't consider "stupid" that like/belove Trump.

I've mentioned a very precocious guy I know (was a tech manager, wrote a great App, composes music) who seems to be a birther etc. He didn't get his family vaccinated: magnets prove the vaccines carry nanobots. His village got the infection and was quarantined. A few days later his entire family was very sick and he said "must be some sort of flu."

I work from a different set of definitions than you do, then. Here are a few characteristics of MAGA extremists that meet the definition of stupid, for me:
1. Listening to Trump and not being able to discern that he is a propagandist, demagogue, liar, and conman. This should have been manifest to anyone who heard him, back in 2011/12 as he launched his birtherism movement. If you can't figure out such a blatant con artist as Trump, you are unintelligent. That discernment is a basic part of being a citizen.
I've seen intelligent people fall for brainwashing. Intelligence isn't enough to recognize it, you need some understanding of psychology. Likewise, you need some understanding of psychology to recognize propaganda.

It is critical to remember that people can be sheep, but not stupid.
Disagree. Just because someone can learn to wipe their ass and brush their teeth, hold a job and feed themselves is not a sign of intelligence.
I've mentioned a very precocious guy I know (was a tech manager, wrote a great App, composes music) who seems to be a birther etc. He didn't get his family vaccinated: magnets prove the vaccines carry nanobots. His village got the infection and was quarantined. A few days later his entire family was very sick and he said "must be some sort of flu."
That's called scientific illiteracy.

I work from a different set of definitions than you do, then. Here are a few characteristics of MAGA extremists that meet the definition of stupid, for me:
1. Listening to Trump and not being able to discern that he is a propagandist, demagogue, liar, and conman. This should have been manifest to anyone who heard him, back in 2011/12 as he launched his birtherism movement. If you can't figure out such a blatant con artist as Trump, you are unintelligent. That discernment is a basic part of being a citizen.
I've seen intelligent people fall for brainwashing. Intelligence isn't enough to recognize it, you need some understanding of psychology. Likewise, you need some understanding of psychology to recognize propaganda.
ROFL. Irony is truly dead. Thanks for the laugh, LP.

You also need to understand framing, spin, and the fact a lot of events are pseudo events. Also, grassroots organizations are lots of times anything but grassroots organizations started by common people.

You also need to understand framing, spin, and the fact a lot of events are pseudo events. Also, grassroots organizations are lots of times anything but grassroots organizations started by common people.
Tea Party. BLM.

For those that pretend to give a shit what the bible says, and yet still support Trump

Back
Top Bottom