• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Good Bye, Tucker. And don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Guess FOX is going to go back to its old methods. Don't actually declare anything, just use the 'FOX Question' and bring on crazies as guests to do the lying without any pushback. We'll see who is on board with the policy, and who else may be 'departing'. (I'm rather expecting Jeanine Piro will be sent off with a severance box of wine)

RT reaches out to TC!

Russia Today, the state-run television network that broadcasts in the U.S. and around the world as “RT,” hinted that it could be a landing spot for Carlson after the his surprising dismissal from Fox News.

“Hey @TuckerCarlson, you can always question more with @RT_com,” the network tweeted from its English language account.

Only down 3.24% today so far. We need a month of days like this.

Cucker Tarlson was too much of a liability because he kept peddling things he knew were false. So what comes next? Maybe he will go to OAN and make twice the money, bringing on board even more crazies. Fox can then pretend it's fair and balanced again while continuing to push the Overton window. Therefore, overall, I am not doing a happy dance. We will observe more shenanigans and more of a rightward shift in our fascist mainstream media.

Cucker's Faux demise came straight from Rupert Murdoch. He was ticked off at having to settle, but reportedly, also at Fuckhead's repeat criticism of Faux Noise management. Toxic bosses and toxic employees, always a good way to lose a cushy job.

Cucker Tarlson was too much of a liability because he kept peddling things he knew were false. So what comes next? Maybe he will go to OAN and make twice the money, bringing on board even more crazies. Fox can then pretend it's fair and balanced again while continuing to push the Overton window. Therefore, overall, I am not doing a happy dance. We will observe more shenanigans and more of a rightward shift in our fascist mainstream media.
IIRC, OAN doesn't have Tucker money, let alone double. I'm also guessing Swanson's contract may not let him jump to a competitor too quickly.

I don’t think the market for confused puppydog looks is that robust. Nicole Wallace observes that yeah, Tucker had a big audience, around 3 million.
But 150 million voted in 2020 …

Sources say the firing was related to the Abby Grossberg lawsuit and Carlson's conspiracies about 1/6 participant Ray Epps.

Fox News announced the stunning departure of its top-rated host Monday with no explanation, but people familiar with the situation who were not authorized to comment publicly said the decision to fire Carlson came straight from Fox Corp. Chairman Rupert Murdoch with input from board members and other Fox Corp. executives.
Carlson’s exit is related to the discrimination lawsuit filed by Abby Grossberg, the producer fired by the network last month, the sources said. Carlson’s senior executive producer Justin Wells has also been terminated, according to insiders.
Murdoch also was said to be concerned about Carlson’s coverage of the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection at the U.S. Capitol. The host has promoted the conspiracy theory that it was provoked by government agents, and Carlson has called Ray Epps — a Texas man who participated in the storming of the Capitol but did not enter the building — an FBI plant, without presenting any evidence.

Epps was interviewed Sunday on “60 Minutes” and said he has been subjected to death threats as a result of Carlson’s statements about him. The FBI told “60 Minutes” that Epps has never worked for the agency.

Fox News will probably survive just fine without Carlson just like they survived without O'Reilly whom he replaced.

For Carlson it is a merit badge. He'll end up somewhere and be successful, like O'Reailly.

Fox has the money. Be like being waived by an NFL team then make the big bucks in Arena Football.

Unless RT signs him.

AOC recently Instagrammed on the fall of Tucker Carlson, saying that he is the "driving force" behind numerous "violent threats" to her and others.

She also said that she feels like she's waiting for the cutscene at the end of a Marvel movie where we see the villain putting up a hand to grab something.

But also that "deplatforming works" and that "good things can happen".

I've seen speculation that Tucker Carlson was fired from Fox News. He did not do a farewell show, and last Friday, he sounded like he expected to continue, complete with an interview of Republican Presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy.

Sam Seder said about it that this was typical of show-business firings, and that Fox's management would not have wanted to give him one last bit of platform. This was from his podcast The Majority Report.

On Twitter, #TuckerCarlsonFired is trending.

Gretchen Carlson on Twitter: "Once again it's the bravery of a woman --Abby Grossberg -- who really brought Tucker Carlson down -- revealing the misogynistic environment where women were referred to as c**** & much more. If it was b/c of Dominion others would also be taking the fall. #TuckerCarlsonFired" / Twitter

Tucker Carlson Fired a Week After Laughing at Twitter Employees Who Got Fired

David Folkenflik on Twitter: "Update: I have spoken with three people with knowledge of Fox's ouster of Tucker Carlson
They say Carlson's digital exchanges captured by the Dominion legal team echo the suite of concerns alleged by his ex producer - that his show's workplace was defined by sexism and bigotry." / Twitter

As to Don Lemon, one of his last actions was his interview of Republican candidate Vivek Ramaswamy.

Vivek Ramaswamy angers Don Lemon in heated exchange over Civil War, Second Amendment
He continued, saying, “We fought a civil war in this country to give Black Americans the equal protection under the law that we failed to secure them in 1776. But then you wanna know what happened? Southern states passed anti-gun laws that stopped Black people from owning guns. The Democrat Party, then as in now, wanted to put them back in chains.”
Then saying that LBJ's "Great Society" programs are like those gun laws.

Don Lemon burst in “I don’t really see what one has to do with the other – and using the Civil War to talk about Black Americans – that war was not fought for Black people to have guns.” He said that VR's claims "insulted" him as a black American.
Ramaswamy clarified his stance, saying, “That war was fought for Black people to have freedoms in this country. Actually, that’s why the Civil War was fought.”

“Actually, a funny fact is – Black people did not get to enjoy the other freedoms until their Second Amendment rights were secured,” he said.

Lemon interjected again, “But Black people still aren’t allowed to enjoy the freedoms as well in this country.”

Ramaswamy dismissed that claim outright, declaring, “I disagree with you on that Don… I think you’re doing a disservice to this country by failing to recognize that we have equality before the laws here.”

Ramaswamy pushed back and insisted that Lemon was misunderstanding his point.

Getting a little flustered, Lemon tried to shut down Ramaswamy by claiming he doesn’t have the requisite skin color to make such a statement.

The anchor replied, “Well, OK. When you are in Black skin and you live in this country then you can disagree with me.”

The candidate shot back, saying, “Don, I think we have to be able to talk about these issues in the open regardless of the color of our skin.”

“I think for you to compare 1865 and 1964 – I think it’s insulting to Black people. It’s insulting to me as an African American. I don’t want to sit here and argue with you because it’s infuriating for you to put those things together,” Lemon said.

Back
Top Bottom