• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Good Bye, Tucker. And don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Tucker may actually believe the right wing nutterbutter nonsense he traffics in, but I have doubts. He's simply too literate and knows how to use the language. His father was director of Voice of America and president of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. Tucker got a degree in history from Trinity College (Connecticut.) Now, it's very believable that he's right of center, but to me, it's unlikely that he believes the drivel he pushed to become a Fox star. I think he made the cynical calculation that there was a fortune to be made catering to the lunacy, stupidity, and racial paranoia of the Moscow Marjorie voter. And he was correct. I love it that his private emails reveal that he sees Trump as I do. You're so right, Tuck. Trump is 'a demonic force, a destroyer', and 'there really isn't an upside' to the wretch. I, too, 'hate him passionately.' The difference is, I didn't have to subsequently make loud, slurpy kisses on Trump's rear end. Tucker's developed a taste for that.
Which is why, IMHO, Mr. Carlson is truly a terrible venal person - peddling lies to make a better vicious lies.

McTurtle really laid into him today! Said that Tucker was the main force behind the Repub base turning on Ukraine and siding with Putie. He also said that 'our presidential nominee' wouldn't clearly support Ukraine, which caused months and months of no support. Quite a statement from the old guy.

Apparently he also said to Rogan that nobody knows where the technology for nuclear weapons came from.
Lots of people are apparently incapable of telling the difference between "I don't know" and "nobody knows".

It's an occupational hazard amongst know-nothing blowhards who genuinely beleive thrmselves to be both intelligent and well informed, but are in fact neither.

The thinking is that as I don't know, and I am really really smart, obviously nobody knows.

Unfortunately, in order to grasp why this logic fails, one would need to be fairly smart; And they aren't.

Apparently he also said to Rogan that nobody knows where the technology for nuclear weapons came from.
Lots of people are apparently incapable of telling the difference between "I don't know" and "nobody knows".

It's an occupational hazard amongst know-nothing blowhards who genuinely beleive thrmselves to be both intelligent and well informed, but are in fact neither.

The thinking is that as I don't know, and I am really really smart, obviously nobody knows.

Unfortunately, in order to grasp why this logic fails, one would need to be fairly smart; And they aren't.
It could almost be imaginable had the biggest Oscar hit last year not been a movie explicitly explaining how the technology was developed.

Didn't Columbus discover nuclear weapons n America? I thought that's how they got here. Something about a cave on Hispaniola. And then the Hurricanes and bad weather started. The natives were peacefully using the nukes to kill the tropical storms and Columbus fucked that all up.

Tucker may actually believe the right wing nutterbutter nonsense he traffics in, but I have doubts. He's simply too literate and knows how to use the language. His father was director of Voice of America and president of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. Tucker got a degree in history from Trinity College (Connecticut.) Now, it's very believable that he's right of center, but to me, it's unlikely that he believes the drivel he pushed to become a Fox star. I think he made the cynical calculation that there was a fortune to be made catering to the lunacy, stupidity, and racial paranoia of the Moscow Marjorie voter. And he was correct. I love it that his private emails reveal that he sees Trump as I do. You're so right, Tuck. Trump is 'a demonic force, a destroyer', and 'there really isn't an upside' to the wretch. I, too, 'hate him passionately.' The difference is, I didn't have to subsequently make loud, slurpy kisses on Trump's rear end. Tucker's developed a taste for that.
Agreed. Malice, not stupidity.

Technology for nuclear weapons has no origin???? A pretty basic understanding of nuclear physics indicates the potential. Nuclear fission was understood at the time, including the fact that it was a very energetic reaction. The Manhattan project was about figuring out if there was a way to make it go fast enough to be useful as a weapon. It turned out to be a lot harder than anticipated but we figured it out.

And while the knowledge spread by espionage so there's no certainty that any other country actually developed it we have the Nth country project. Two newly-graduated engineers with no knowledge of nuclear stuff. Their job was to design a nuclear bomb--no access to classified data and it was purely design, nuclear materials were presumed. They directed a virtual laboratory--give the lab an experiment and get back the results. Typically, simulated by actual bomb engineers but occasionally actually tested because they weren't confident of answering it. IIRC 18 months to produce a plutonium design (they considered a uranium gun design and rejected it as too easy) that the actual guys said would work. That's clearly an independent invention of the bomb, although aided by the fact they had a general idea of what they were after. And note that that was back in the 60s, it would be a lot easier now.

It's basically the same situation we are at with fusion--there's no question about the reactions or their potential, but so far we aren't able to make it go fast enough in a controlled environment. (You can do nuclear fusion on the desktop--just too slowly to be a power generator. And the big laser systems most certainly can cause a fusion burn in their target--just not enough to even power the system.)

Great but they'll just replace him with some other shitty person.
Already done. The guy who replaced Tucker got his current wife to start dating him by slashing the tyres of her car and then offering her a ride home. I say current wife because he was still married to his former wife at the time.

There literally is no bottom when it comes to Faux News.

Fuck me. I never knew who replaced Tucker or bothered to look up his background. The story of flattening the tires sounded too much so I looked it up. Then I saw the wedding photos to the new wife in Naples Florida with the Trumps and other reality TV garbage. Really is no bottom for the GOP.

Great but they'll just replace him with some other shitty person.
Already done. The guy who replaced Tucker got his current wife to start dating him by slashing the tyres of her car and then offering her a ride home. I say current wife because he was still married to his former wife at the time.

There literally is no bottom when it comes to Faux News.
That was effectively a line Colin Jost had at the Correspondence Dinner, noting that Murdoch was stepping down from Fox News... and he said "he didn't know there was a step down from Fox News":

Back
Top Bottom