• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

GOP Convention

I will be so glad when your circus (sorry, damn election) leaves town.
You have >320 million people. How did you manage to select 2 old codgers? What is wrong with your audition panels (the word audition was chosen deliberately)?

Because our likable old codger was the best bet to beat their terrible old codger who beat the dreadful old hag that no one liked.
Try to keep up.

That's probably the best precis I have read so far.

Is Trump actually a member of the GOP now? When he first popped up I read that he was not.
Member?
He believes he OWNS the GOP.

Any Repug who says anything independent, like, 'this policy does not serve my constituents,' Trump says he 'went rogue.'

Is Trump actually a member of the GOP now? When he first popped up I read that he was not.
He is a non-partisan really. Which makes it all the more insane that conservatives are sucking his non-partisan dick.

I couldn't stomach watching the freak show last night, but from what I've read and from the clips I've seen, the Republican Party has totally become the party of Trump. The cult is creating a dystopian reality where lies are true and the truth isn't believed by members of the cult. I guess cultists never realize that they've been sucked in. You can't reason with cult members. They are incapable of it.

He's a sociopath of zero principle. No party's principles or platform will appeal to him on any level other than what he can use for his own gain. There have been many times in the past where Trump expressed liberal views, but they were about things that didn't really affect him at the time. It was more reflex than any level of intellectual or conscientious investment on his part, like it hadn't yet occurred to him that a more conservative view on a particular issue would better serve his future power grab. We see now very clearly that he's not actually capable of intelligent examination or conscience, and conditions have changed such that any and all issues are now of interest to him as tools of power, not principle.

Maybe, but he's pushing things that the big money guys in the party would kill to see completed -- a pro-corporate SCOTUS, an end to ACA with little or nothing in its place, an end to Social Security funding. If you're a charter member at Mar-a-Lago, that's better than sex.

Hurricane Laura crashes Trump's convention - POLITICO - "The Category 4 storm made landfall in Louisiana early Thursday morning, the same day as Trump's acceptance speech."
In 2008, the GOP scrapped most of the first night of its convention in Minnesota as Hurricane Gustav made landfall in Louisiana. Four years later, Tropical Storm Isaac wiped out the first night of Republicans’ Tampa, Fla., convention, as it skirted the city on the way to a landfall as a hurricane in Louisiana.

Now, one of the 10 strongest hurricanes ever to landfall in the Lower 48 states has come on shore in the hours before President Donald Trump's acceptance speech on Thursday.
Laura carves destructive path through Louisiana; 4 dead

Punishment for their sins? :D

Hurricane Laura has nothing on death and destruction compared to Trump.

They showed videos of rioting last night to add to their feargasm. The videos were from Spain and Ukraine.

He's a sociopath of zero principle. No party's principles or platform will appeal to him on any level other than what he can use for his own gain. There have been many times in the past where Trump expressed liberal views, but they were about things that didn't really affect him at the time. It was more reflex than any level of intellectual or conscientious investment on his part, like it hadn't yet occurred to him that a more conservative view on a particular issue would better serve his future power grab. We see now very clearly that he's not actually capable of intelligent examination or conscience, and conditions have changed such that any and all issues are now of interest to him as tools of power, not principle.

So, that's a lot of words to say he's a republican.

Holy crap is Barron Trump 2" taller than his 6' 3" father? He's only 13!

Trump's acceptance speech a thousand points of gaslight.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/TrumpsTaxes/status/1299172810607284225?s=20[/TWEET]

What's up with distorting images of democrats in pro-trump ads during the convention?

If you mean blurry, grainy pics, it's an old trick - you see it in Youtube conspiracy videos a lot too. Whenever they want to portray something seedy or "caught in the act" kind of look.

Back
Top Bottom