• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

GOP: The party of idiots

As long as liberals and Democrats focus on sexual innuendo for what makes Republicans look like idiots, they make themselves look like idiots for focusing on that rather than the idiotic things that Republicans really do.
Trouble is, people have only half-hearted objections to the actions of the Trump regime. We impeached him twice, but its rude to say what for.

For some extra context, Fontes was previously the Maricopa County Recorder. He was replaced by Stephen Richer, a Republican who voted for Trump.

He did a deep dive on the claims, and released an Open Letter to his fellow Republicans explaining how he knows there was no fraud.

Then he got death threats.

It's not stupid. It's a cult. Rusty Bowers - a deeply conservative Republican Congressman from our state - testified in the January 6th hearings against Trump, and...spoiler alert...death threats.

If you have the time, it is worth watching the entire interview. It's nuts what they asked him to do, and when he didn't comply, they threw him to the wolves.

Well, she's a woman of color, so I think we can guess what Derec must think of her...
That's a baseless insult, and you know it.

I might as well say that the reason you dislike MTG is that she is a white woman ...

I am observing that whenever any female politician comes to any sort of real prominence in this country, she will most assuredly be either slut-shamed, damned as an ice queen who emasulates her husband, or both. It's reliable as the sun, it comes from both parties, and it traps us perpetually in last century's moralizing.
It happens almost as frequently with male politicians. Why are you only getting your panties in a bunch when female ones are the target of crude jokes and insults?
It's no insult, really, to be called sexist or racist by the forum's craziest leftist. I baselessly attack people all the time, everyone knows that.
Self-awareness is essential for self-improvement.

"When they go low, we go high" doesn't work with MAGAt leaders. Their standard is sadistic belittling, and that is exactly what they deserve back.
But if you do that you cannot pretend to hold any sort of moral high ground any more.
Our late night comedians are doing something healthy for the country when they mock these inflated tadpoles.
I wish for the times when these comedians would dish out to both sides instead of basically acting like MSNBC pundits with better joke writers.

Well, she's a woman of color, so I think we can guess what Derec must think of her...
That's a baseless insult, and you know it.

I might as well say that the reason you dislike MTG is that she is a white woman ...
I read that as baseball insult. Also we know Ford hates white people. He always posts photos of white people in an attempt tp look ridiculous, and every thread he posts in his hatred of white people comes up. Don't get me started on Ford bringing up every obscure crime a white person committed.

Yet in the second part, you're attaching meaning to my posts that is entirely of your own creation. Again, you are accusing me of attacking MTG and LB for no other fact than that they are women. I counter that I'm insulting them because they are idiots. Perhaps you could instruct me as to how I could call them idiots without insulting their gender? Because I am at a loss as to how to do this.
Idiots they are, but that has nothing to do with one of them giving her boyfriend a handy or calling the other one "trailer queen" even though (to my knowledge) she never lived in one.

Now? The GOP is the party of "feelings." They don't think things through. They just "know" they're right. The party of "yeah, you college boys have your big fancy words, but I got my guns and my flag, and Trump is gonna make all you libs pay!"
You ignore that both parties are largely like that. Who is the Democratic Bill Buckley?

What indication do we have of loose sexual behavior on her part? What in her public history makes "heels up" relevant rather than just an anti-female insult?
When she was young, she had an affair with Willie Brown, then speaker of the CA state assembly, a major player in the California Democratic Party machine, and 30 years her senior and married. He also helped her get her start in politics. That sounds like quid pro quo, and is far more relevant than Boebert's handy.
Harris.SlickWilly.jpg

Even without being harmed living through an event that traumatic can be enough to trigger PTSD. I think "victim" is appropriate.
I think it is taking that term well out of any meaningful scope. In any case, Hogg became an activist and it is in that capacity that MTG confronted him.

1) That word does not mean what you think it means. Check your spelling.
You are right. I meant to write "thrice" of course.

2) While I presume true it has no connection to her public persona or actions while in office.
It is true, and it is most definitely linked to her "public persona" and "actions while in office". Remember her stunt to extend the eviction moratorium?
House Democrat sleeps on Capitol steps as she blasts lawmakers over expiring eviction moratorium
At the bottom of the article there is a reference to her own experience with getting evicted.
CNN said:
Bush told CNN’s Daniella Diaz earlier Saturday that she knows “what it’s like to wonder if I’m going to get that eviction notice.”
“The hope that when you show up at that door, just hoping that when you get a glimpse of that door, that there’s no piece of paper from the sheriff,” she said. “Your whole life turns upside down.”

Now? The GOP is the party of "feelings." They don't think things through. They just "know" they're right. The party of "yeah, you college boys have your big fancy words, but I got my guns and my flag, and Trump is gonna make all you libs pay!"
You ignore that both parties are largely like that. Who is the Democratic Bill Buckley?
Daniel Moynihan - superior intellect while he was alive. Of course, they are the same, because they are dead.

What indication do we have of loose sexual behavior on her part? What in her public history makes "heels up" relevant rather than just an anti-female insult?
When she was young, she had an affair with Willie Brown, then speaker of the CA state assembly, a major player in the California Democratic Party machine, and 30 years her senior and married. He also helped her get her start in politics. That sounds like quid pro quo, and is far more relevant than Boebert's handy.
Harris.SlickWilly.jpg

He had been SEPARATED from his wife for more than a decade, and their relationship was not a secret.

Daniel Moynihan - superior intellect while he was alive. Of course, they are the same, because they are dead.
I meant these days. Moynahan has been dead for over two decades.
Because Ford implied that roles have flipped - the GOP as the party of feelings and Dems as the party of the intellect.
I maintain that both are largely ruled by feelings.

He had been SEPARATED from his wife for more than a decade, and their relationship was not a secret.
He was still 30 years older than her and he helped her get her start in politics. Surely smells like a quid pro quo and not an organic relationship. I bet you would not be so willfully blind about it if they were Republicans.

I meant these days. Moynahan has been dead for over two decades.
Because Ford implied that roles have flipped - the GOP as the party of feelings and Dems as the party of the intellect.
I maintain that both are largely ruled by feelings.
To be fair, thinking is for devising policy but feeling drives the implementation of it.

He was still 30 years older than her and he helped her get her start in politics. Surely smells like a quid pro quo and not an organic relationship. I bet you would not be so willfully blind about it if they were Republicans.
You would bet wrong. There’s nothing wrong with what they did. And you have no way of knowing if there was a quid pro quo involved — that is a sexist assumption. I couldn’t care less if a Republican woman, or man, dated someone separated from their husband, or wife. What grates, of course, is the Republican hypocrisy concerning such relationship, as so many of them have been caught out in such relationships or in stuff that is ACTUALLY bad, and, of course, they lie about it. This is par for the course for Rethuglicans.

But, I must wonder, in your post, why did you neglect to mention that Brown, though married, had been SEPARATED from his wife for more than 10 years? That puts quite a different gloss on matters, not to the benefit of the smear against Harris you are propounding.

But, I must wonder, in your post, why did you neglect to mention that Brown, though married, had been SEPARATED from his wife for more than 10 years? That puts quite a different gloss on matters, not to the benefit of the smear against Harris you are propounding.
It's been four years since I read about it. I can't be expected to remember every minor detail. In any case, it changes nothing about the likely quid pro quo.

Back
Top Bottom