• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

GOP: The party of idiots

Exactly. He has no idea whether the claim that he helped her with her career is true.
We do know that. He appointed her to two state commissions.
USA Today said:
Brown appointed Harris to the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board and then to the Medical Assistance Commission – positions that paid her more than $400,000 over five years, according to SF Weekly. Brown also gave Harris a BMW.
"And I certainly helped with her first race for district attorney in San Francisco," he said in his Chronicle letter Saturday..
Former S.F. Mayor Willie Brown writes about dating Kamala Harris, appointing her to posts
Even if he did, so what?
You do not think that it is wrong to appoint people you are sleeping with to political positions?
But here’s the rub: Implicit in his canard is that there is no way that a woman, and especially a black woman, can succeed on her own merits; and that therefore any help Brown gave her must have been because she didn’t deserve to advance in her career on her own merits.
I already addressed all that. We do not know what trajectory her career would have taken if she wasn't sleeping with Brown. I do not deny that she is a smart and capable woman, but vast majority of smart and capable people do not become attorneys general, US senators and veeps.
She is also someone who has a penchant for making bad decisions - we have seen that in 2019 during her campaign.
Nothing about Kamela Harris
At least I have enough respect for her to spell her name right.
warrants accepting this canard, but it’s standard fare for the right wing, which takes it as a given that women and people of color are naturally inferior to men and especially to white men.
This is bullshit, and standard argumentation tactic from the left. You are incapable of seeing people as individuals. They are n ly ciphers for their identity - as a woman, as a so-called "person of color". So any alleged failings of her are imputed, in your identity-politics riddled mind, to all members of these groups.

That simply proves you don't know what a fact is.
I do. What's your excuse?
It is a fact you concluded Ms Harris slept with Mr Brown and he helped her with her career. Your conclusion does not make it a fact.
You claimed it as a fact when it is not. Hence you don’t what a fact is.

Your “no u” is more evidence that you don’t know what a fact is.

Like most Complaint Culture items, this just has the ingredients. Black female poses a thread to blue eyed right wing idol, and deserves the same level of condemnation - or worse - for a mere appearance of impropriety as for say, Clarence's "appearance" of accepting millions in benefits in exchange for rulings that are favorable to business, or treasonous and ongoing attempts to overthrow American democracy by their golden calf.
Perfectly rational.

It is a fact you concluded Ms Harris slept with Mr Brown and he helped her with her career. Your conclusion does not make it a fact.
Are you really disputing either of those facts? Neither of them is in any real contention. The only contention is that some people think that the two facts had nothing to do with each other and that KH has to have been genuinely attracted to a man twice her age.
It is a fact that they had a sexual relationship. It is also a fact that he put her on state boards. Further fact is that he bought her a BMW.
But I am sure her decision to date him had zero to do with these benefits he could provide her. :rolleyesa:

Like most Complaint Culture items, this just has the ingredients. Black female poses a thread to blue eyed right wing idol,
This is a testament to you being blinded by identity politics. You do not even see KH as an individual. You only see her as a "black female". Hell, you even erase half her heritage (she is half Indian).
And whom do you mean as a "blue eyed right wing idol"? Surely not Trump? Because if anything, she would be far less a thread[sic] to him than Biden is. She is not a very popular veep. For example, in this poll, Trump is +5 against Biden, but +9 against Harris.

and deserves the same level of condemnation - or worse - for a mere appearance of impropriety as for say, Clarence's "appearance" of accepting millions in benefits in exchange for rulings that are favorable to business, or treasonous and ongoing attempts to overthrow American democracy by their golden calf.
We are not talking about Thomas here. And we are only talking about Harris because I pointed out the one-sidedness of condemnation on here. And the viciousness of the defense of Harris (including below-the-belt personal attacks against me) shows just how partisan certain posters are.

When the woman is ambitious herself, and the "man of power" helps her in those ambitions, I think it is likely she started the relationship for that reason, and not out of genuine attraction.
[removed] Your distrust of women, especially black women, has long been a feature of your posts. [removed] makes you an extremely poor judge of women's characters.
[removed]

I go back to my own experience...a few years before I met the TV anchor who dated the mayor. For a brief time, I was in a relationship with an "entertainer." An "exotic dancer." Or in the crudest terms, I had a stripper girlfriend. I remember going to pick her up at the club where she worked, and it gave me an insight into the dynamic that goes on between those women and their "clients." We were going to get some dinner and hit the night clubs we frequented, but at the end of her shift she was "dancing" for her last customer for the night.

This poor guy was staring up at her like she was a goddess, and stuffing money into her g-string. Some guys might take offense, and get upset because "how dare you look at my girlfriend like that," but I looked at it like "you poor bastard...you're never going to leave this club with her on your arm. We're going to take your money and spend it on a late night dinner and drinks, and you don't even know that, do you?"

[removed] Someone who is secure in his masculinity and treats her with respect.

Much has been explained. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course you do because you have never had any sort of a true relationship with a woman.
This is typical leftist debating tactic. Once you run out of arguments, you make personal attacks.
Your distrust of women, especially black women, has long been a feature of your posts.
Bullshit!
I'm sorry for you. No one here would doubt that statement. That you would do so only adds to your self delusion.

The fact that you've never had a relationship with a woman makes you an extremely poor judge of women's characters.
Again, bullshit, and also a personal attack.
Really? Is anything I said untrue?

Just a minor quibble....Derec has had relationships of a sort with women.
Ah yes, yet another leftist is resorting to below-the-belt personal attacks.

By his own admission, they are purely transactional relationships. He has money, and they provide...well...whatever he pays for.
So not that different than the relationship between Brown and Harris. He has the money to buy her a Beamer and political connections to install her on boards, and she provides ... well ... whatever she was providing for him during their relationship.

so he can't step back and see their time together as anything other than transactional.
I do not see every relationship as purely transactional (although there is an element of transactionality in every relationship I believe) but the relationship between Brown and Harris surely looks like a primarily, if not solely, a transactional one. Just because it may have lasted more than an hour and did not involve cash on the nightstand does not make it not transactional.

Or in the crudest terms, I had a stripper girlfriend.
Cool story, bro. Have you considered that maybe your relationship with her was also transactional, at least to a large extent, just with a longer time horizon than somebody paying for a lap dance?

Derec seems to be like that guy.
You don't know me. But let the record reflect that all you have are personal attacks.

but goes home with the exact opposite type of guy. Someone who is secure in his masculinity and treats her with respect.
You really see yourself as very superior, don't you? You look down your nose on anybody who would pay for a lap dance? Or even pay a sex worker for sex?

And what does any of this have to do with you and others white-knighting Kamala Harris?

Really? Is anything I said untrue?
Whether or not they are true (some of your personal attacks are at most half-true, and some are outright false) attacking somebody personally is bad form.
You should stick to issues.

Rare, not nonexistent. And powerful older man/attractive younger woman is a very common dynamic, not any reason to single her out.
It may be a common dynamic, but that does not make it not a quid pro quo. She definitely gained political and material benefits from this relationship.

We cannot know. But what we can say is that Willie doesn't have to pay women to have sex with him. Something tells me there's not just misogyny going on here, but a bit of jealousy, perhaps? I'm just asking questions...
He literally bought KH a BMW. I will leave it for you as a homework exercise to estimate the cost per fuck even discounting other gifts, dinners, etc.

Are you really disputing either of those facts? Neither of them is in any real contention. The only contention is that some people think that the two facts had nothing to do with each other and that KH has to have been genuinely attracted to a man twice her age.
It is a fact that they had a sexual relationship. It is also a fact that he put her on state boards. Further fact is that he bought her a BMW.
But I am sure her decision to date him had zero to do with these benefits he could provide her. :rolleyesa:
Your level of confidence in the accuracy of your conclusion does not make it a fact. That is the point - your misrepresentation of your conclusion as a fact.

How exactly did he help her with her political career? And, even if he did, so what?
He appointed her to two state boards. So what? I think exchanging political appointments for sex is not appropriate. Do you generally disagree, or only when it involves Democrats?
And, as noted above, this is just smug, sexist, patriarchal bullshit. Lots of young people are attracted to, and date, older people. So fucking what?
Usually younger people date much older people primarily for the benefits they provide. Gifts, lifestyle, K1 visa, or as in this case, political appointments (+ a BMW).

Except YOU HAVE NOT PROVEN THIS, YOU HAVE BASELESSLY ASSERTED IT. You even admit you can’t prove it!
It is not disputed that he put her on two state commissions.

And — I know that for people like you, the world must be binary and simplistic, but try to wrap your head around the idea that Kamela was both attracted to Willy AND thought he could help advance her career. What’s wrong with that? People help those close to them, whether in sexual relationships or not, all the time! It’s part of what’s called “the real world.”
You have just defined a quid pro quo. If she entered the relationship partly in anticipation of what he can do to launch her political career, that's still a quid pro quo.

I’m sure we’re all touched by your concern for how beneficiaries of “affirmative action” are automatically suspect.
As I said, that is why so-called "affirmative action" is doubly perverse. It harms capable members of groups aided by this preferential treatment due to inevitable suspicion. It's like nepotism. Because hiring family members even if they are incompetent is widespread, even capable nephews of the owner and such are subject to suspicion of nepotism when hired and have to prove otherwise.

Regardless, affirmative action is needed because without it we would revert to the bad old days of active discrimination not just against blacks, but against other minorities, like Jews, who in the bad old days were frequently barred from colleges.
I do not see how that follows, either logically or practically. So-called "affirmative action" is about giving preferential treatment to certain groups while disadvantaging others. Ending it would mean everybody is treated as an individual, as it should be.

Take medical admissions as an example. It has significant preferences for certain racial groups.
medschool.png
Sauce
As you can see, the average black matriculant to a medical school has an MCAT of 505.7 and GPA of 3.59. The mean Asian matriculant has an MCAT of 514.3 and GPA of 3.83.
How is that defensible?
Oh, cry me a river. It was and is contemptible for white males to try to exclude from power everyone who is not white and male,
Two wrongs do not make a right. Present racial discrimination is not justified by past racial discrimination. People are individuals, and not interchangeable ciphers for racial categories.
a practice that has been going on since this country began and continues to this day.
It clearly doesn't. Biden refused consideration to any white men for either a SCOTUS seat or Veep. In fact, Democrats have not put a man on SCOTUS since 1994!
She DESERVES to be characterized as a street walker, eh? Nice.
Political cartoons are often vicious. I think there is a certain poetic justice in the cartoon given her advocacy for a law that makes the lives of sex workers less safe.
I haven’t read your link yet. Dollars to donuts it’s some pathetic and inaccurate screed from a right-wing loon.
You'd lose both dollars and donuts. But why read actual articles when you have plenty of prejudices, am I right?

Derec your comments about women and Harris in particular are disgusting.
And for the record, I have a BMW. If you shop around and get a gently used one, you can drive a Beemer for the same or less than what some other "economy" cars are going for nowadays. I guess in Derec's mind I must have fucked someone to get mine.

Back
Top Bottom