• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Greg Abbott Declares War On Gender Nonconformity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarhyn

Wizard
Basic Beliefs
Natural Philosophy, Game Theoretic Ethicist

In a stunning move seemingly coordinated with a shooting war, so as to provide maximum disruption, Gregg Abbott has declared that all children under any treatment and under any allowance of right to self determination as relates to puberty is "abuse".

They are ordering the taking the children of anyone who dare not force "gender conformity" on a child, and who dares allow that child to elect to delay primary sex hormone based elements of puberty until they may have the right to redirect it.

Thought immigrant children in cages stolen from their parents sucked and was evil?

Now here's Abbott with Trans kids, American citizens, in cages, stolen from their parents!

The best quote I saw about this was, "Fuck this guy all the way to the moon and back"

Agreed. Trae Crowder was even more eloquent, but I'm gonna stick with fuck this guy all the way to the moon and back.

I'll wait for the usual suspects with their counter arguments, I'm sure they'll be riveting.

I think it's largely projection.
The Right is full up of people who would tell their gay son, 'NO, you're not!" Choosing their orientation and sending them to 'therapy' to straighten them.
They seem to think that is how it all works. That other parents are out there, deciding, "Penis? No, you're my daughter. Let's get you to a ''doctor' that'll make that happen."

The Right is full up of people who would tell their gay son, 'NO, you're not!" Choosing their orientation and sending them to 'therapy' to straighten them.
They seem to think that is how it all works. That other parents are out there, deciding, "Penis? No, you're my daughter. Let's get you to a ''doctor' that'll make that happen."
As I have pointed out time and again that all any parent should do is encourage any child to accept as much as possible and only change that which is absolutely necessary for their self-actualization.

Good parents do not tell a child who they must be; they figure out all the ways someone may be, and expand it ever more against the limitations of the past, provide roadmaps to any known location of "self", and warnings of what conflict stands on the way there.

They are a guide, not an executive. When someone asks the guide persistently after such paths of pubertal nonconformity, and makes it clear they are set upon it, it is not abuse to give them that power to self determine.

I don't think it is projection. It is creating more dissension. They want the right to split farther and farther from the middle. We've lost. There is no way to combat this. Yes, there are screwy parents, there are some quite horrible parents. But parents of transgender children? That isn't part of a script. No one says, I want my daughter to have a penis... it is just kind of something that develops and hits the parents. Their child is different, several Standard Deviations from the mean. And the Governor of Texas is saying that the parents should go to prison for having a child that is different. Why stop at Trans? Why not just gay? Or is that just a matter of time?

And that Governor will be heralded for enacting such a policy.

In a stunning move seemingly coordinated with a shooting war, so as to provide maximum disruption, Gregg Abbott has declared that all children under any treatment and under any allowance of right to self determination as relates to puberty is "abuse".

They are ordering the taking the children of anyone who dare not force "gender conformity" on a child, and who dares allow that child to elect to delay primary sex hormone based elements of puberty until they may have the right to redirect it.

Thought immigrant children in cages stolen from their parents sucked and was evil?

Now here's Abbott with Trans kids, American citizens, in cages, stolen from their parents!

This is all very confusing. Where does it say in the memo to take trans kids away from their parents? Also, this "Erin, Trail Mom" person seems to imply that they are going after all trans children in Texas, but the memo seems directed only at the parents and children who have (or are planning to) undergone actual trans medical procedures. But can't a person can be declared "trans" without having gone through medical procedures? So, Erin is essentially implying that some 14 year old Texas boy who declares now himself a girl and starts wearing makeup and a dress is going to get in trouble with the Texas state government or taken away from their parents?

I don't think it is projection. It is creating more dissension. They want the right to split farther and farther from the middle. We've lost. There is no way to combat this. Yes, there are screwy parents, there are some quite horrible parents. But parents of transgender children? That isn't part of a script. No one says, I want my daughter to have a penis... it is just kind of something that develops and hits the parents. Their child is different, several Standard Deviations from the mean. And the Governor of Texas is saying that the parents should go to prison for having a child that is different. Why stop at Trans? Why not just gay? Or is that just a matter of time?

And that Governor will be heralded for enacting such a policy.
I think this is important to note.

It's like people on the right don't think that people on the left can clearly understand "giving trans kids access to puberty blockers so they can reach an age of decision blockers is abuse" is necessarily saying 'take away gender-nonconforming kids from their parents' because the pivotal issue, at least for most trans kids, is which primary sex hormone's impact is allowed to steer certain body development.

It's like saying "it's not illegal to be gay, it's just illegal to have gay sex!"

It's not illegal to want to not conform, to hormonal expectations of gender, it's just that we'll take your parents away from you if they let you actually diverge, and investigate them even if they do not!

It's an inquisition on parents of trans kids.

I have often considered how lucky I was a parent that none of my children seemed to have a gender identity issues. I really don't know how I would have handled or helped them. On one hand, as a parent I want my children to be happy and well-adjusted. On the other hand, I know I would have been concerned about making important decisions that involve irrevocable changes so early in life. So, I think I can slightly imagine how difficult it would be for any parent to deal with this tradeoff - wanting what's best for the child vs avoiding irrevocable and regrettable changes that may have long-run emotional and physical issues.

Having said that, I am pretty sure, the last thing I would want is some grandstanding politician making policy that may not have the best interests of the children to interfere during this difficult period.

Erin, Trail Mom has made a number of misleading statements.

As thebeave points out, the letter clearly refers to 'procedures' - meaning medical procedures. Interesting also to note that 'Trail Mom' believes that preventing children from having healthy tissue excised or mutilated is 'trans genocide'.

Any doctor performing a 'gender affirming' mastectomy (nipples afterwards optional) on a 13 year old girl ought to be prosecuted, and the parents prosecuted, for the hideousness of that crime.

There may well be a 'trans genocide' - but it's perpetrated by the left and the victims are trans-identified children and their broken and scarred bodies.

I find it interesting that some people are trying to shoot the messenger when the message, the actual letter was the first and only thing I saw before I shared the tweet someone shared to me.

The specific part that matters, as it is the only thing that is actually offered people of that age, are puberty blockers, which is the real thrust of the order. Everything else is a bad faith claim to equivocate the measures taken to have zero unwanted puberties with surgical intervention

Nobody is excising healthy tissue. They are merely taking the measures necessary to make sure unwanted tissue never grows in the first place (or that wanted tissue grows while it still may).

It comes down to fascists telling people what they must let grow in and of their bodies.

As has been pointed out, parents of trans kids generally emphasize to
accept as much as possible and only change that which is absolutely necessary for their self-actualization.

The conflict comes when fascists tell them they can't even change that much because their fascist feefees are hurt when they see others not sharing their priorities.

The specific part that matters, as it is the only thing that is actually offered people of that age,
False. Multiple mastectomies have been performed on trans-identified girls aged under 18 (indeed aged under 16) in the United States.

Also, the title of your thread is misleading. There is no war on gender nonconformity in Texas.

I honestly do not know how I would have reacted if any of my children were gender non-conforming. I do know that I would not want the legislature to determine for me what the best practices with regards to my child's physical, mental and social development were, apart from providing excellent free education and in my fantasy world, excellent free medical care. Medical decisions should be left to those most intimately concerned and their medical providers. So should psychiatric decisions.

I find it disappointing that mastectomies are sought at all for trans kids.

It wouldn't be an issue if those who might otherwise seek to remove unwanted tissue not have any unwanted tissue for which to remove on account of not being exposed meaningfully to primary sex hormones.

Then, mastectomy is commonly sought for gynecomastia among teenage boys. It is more than a little bit ridiculous to say that some people who develop unwanted breasts have a right to remove them and others do not.

Erin, Trail Mom has made a number of misleading statements.

As thebeave points out, the letter clearly refers to 'procedures' - meaning medical procedures. Interesting also to note that 'Trail Mom' believes that preventing children from having healthy tissue excised or mutilated is 'trans genocide'.

Any doctor performing a 'gender affirming' mastectomy (nipples afterwards optional) on a 13 year old girl ought to be prosecuted, and the parents prosecuted, for the hideousness of that crime.

There may well be a 'trans genocide' - but it's perpetrated by the left and the victims are trans-identified children and their broken and scarred bodies.

This is about puberty blockers, not surgery.

The specific part that matters, as it is the only thing that is actually offered people of that age, are puberty blockers, which is the real thrust of the order. Everything else is a bad faith claim to equivocate the measures taken to have zero unwanted puberties with surgical intervention
1645742868221.png

This is about puberty blockers, not surgery.
The letter refers to 'procedures', not 'puberty blockers'. Getting a steady course of injected puberty blockers is a procedure but so are surgeries.

EDIT: If there are no 'gender affirming' surgeries on children under 18 in Texas, then good. I'd be glad to confirm it.

Then, mastectomy is commonly sought for gynecomastia among teenage boys. It is more than a little bit ridiculous to say that some people who develop unwanted breasts have a right to remove them and others do not.
Adults can do whatever they want with their bodies and their own money.

It might be commonly sought, it is not commonly provided.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/hea... condition of,the hormonal changes of puberty.
Most cases of gynecomastia happen during puberty. The condition usually gets better on its own without treatment. This may take from 6 months to 2 or 3 years.

If a medicine is causing your breast enlargement, you may need to stop taking the medicine. That can solve the problem. If a disease is causing the condition, the disease will need to be treated.

Hormone therapy may be used to treat gynecomastia.

In rare cases, surgery may be used to remove the extra tissue.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/gynecomastia#:~:text=Gynecomastia is a condition of,the hormonal changes of puberty.
Most cases of gynecomastia happen during puberty. The condition usually gets better on its own without treatment. This may take from 6 months to 2 or 3 years.

If a medicine is causing your breast enlargement, you may need to stop taking the medicine. That can solve the problem. If a disease is causing the condition, the disease will need to be treated.

In fact, providing cosmetic mastectomies for boys under 18 would be justified in a way cosmetic mastectomies for girls under 18 would not be, if you wanted to go that route.

Breast development is a normal and healthy and expected in biological females. Breasts might lead to unwanted attention for some girls but they are a normal part of female anatomy. Breast development in boys is not normal, not expected, and probably not healthy, and boys (and men) who have gynecomastia are teased mercilessly.

[Propaganda]
Lots of things have been used in various ways across history. Uses change, sometimes as this drug did, from nonconsensual use at unreasonable dosages in inappropriate condition to consensual use in reasonable dosages in appropriate conditions.

One is not the other.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/gynecomastia#:~:text=Gynecomastia is a condition of,the hormonal changes of puberty.

Still. Allowed. And these we know will not go away on that same schedule, hence for a good prognosis surgery is more recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom