• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Happy Holidays - 30 dead or wounded at parade

Yes, guy who killed no one and allegedly fired at least two bullets killed by onslaught of bullets.
It's kind of off topic here, and maybe we should take this back to the discussion you started in the "Police misconduct" thread.
But for now, I'll bite, since there is a contrast to be made with Awake the Rapper aka Dindu White.

Guy who fired around as many bullets (as Akron guy was hit by) and killed/wounded 30, possibly more, captured alive.
It's not about how heinous the crime is, but about whether the person poses a threat, or at least a perceived threat (because police officers have to act in real time and have no benefit of hindsight) at the time of arrest.
This guy left his rifle behind, and that was known to police. Furthermore, he gave up and surrendered.
Your guy shot at police, and then started running. For all police knew, he took the gun with him. So he was still perceived as a very active threat. And at no point did he surrender or try to give up either.
Note also that Crimo was arrested during daytime, when it's easier for police to assess matters. JW was fleeing police in the middle of the night. Much harder to assess things.

Both people are allegedly guilty of serious crimes. The defense of, well the Akron person shot at the police... really is the dumbest fucking statement when considering the other guy murdered half a dozen and wounded 4 or more times that.
With all due respect, this might be "the dumbest fucking statement" on this topic.
Police officers are not killing suspect out of revenge for how bad the crime the perp committed is. That would be murder.
It is not about how serious the crime is. Plenty of murderers have taken into custody unharmed. Yes, even black ones. And yes, even those who have killed cops.
It's not about the heinousness of the crime, it's about whether they pose any apparent threat to the officers.

Police: We take this guy down, he murdered lots of people, but remember, he didn't shot at us. So let's not go over the top.
You meant this sarcastically, but that is exactly how it's supposed to go.
It does not matter what he is supposed to have done, if he is not a threat at the time, there is no reason to physically harm him.
If you shoot at police, you are automatically a grave threat to them, and your chances of getting shot yourself increase by orders of magnitude.

It isn't like he committed a traffic violation.
It might have started with a non-moving violation, but that is not why he was shot. Typical lefty obscurantism.
He fled, that escalated the matter, because why would you flee a simple traffic stop? Unless you are, for example, on your way to a robbery and already have a ski mask on your head. Just spitballin' here.
And then the genius escalates the matter 1000x worse by deciding to shoot at police.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Not that this Crimo guy did not play stupid games as well. And life in prison is quite a stupid prize in its own right.
I wonder who among these two brainiacs is better off really. Can't be fun spending the next 50 or 60 years in a cell knowing you will never get out.

No. As in support of the 45th POTUS becoming the the 47th.
Serious question: how do you know that that's the intention of the tattoo?
I mean, even if it is about presidency ordinals and not about the Kalashnikov, whoever becomes president after Biden will be #47, no matter who it is.
If the design was something like 45 --> 47, you may have a point.

I mean, even if it is about presidency ordinals and not about the Kalashnikov, whoever becomes president after Biden will be #47, no matter who it is.
If the design was something like 45 --> 47, you may have a point.
Nobody barracks for Biden. And since the "AK" is missing from your interpretation, it has to be approval for Trump. :tongue:

Seriously, there are few mass shootings where the perpetrators' political views are of primary importance. Often enough no political view is even discernible. One thing we can be certain of is that the lot of them are fucking nuts. Another is that they almost exclusively male, and a third is that most of them have not reached the end of the first third of the normally expected lifespan. It may well be the case that mass shooters tend to have political views that are more or less right of centre, but dwelling on that is useless. A more constructive approach would be to realise that they are unhinged, most likely because of their upbringing. Jillian Peterson, an associate professor of criminology at Hamline University, and James Densley, a professor of criminal justice at Metro State University, studied every mass shooter in the US since 1966 who shot and killed four or more people in a public place, and every shooting incident at schools, workplaces and places of worship since 1999. In an interview with Politico, Peterson said there is a really consistent pathway to becoming a mass shooter:
Early childhood trauma seems to be the foundation, whether violence in the home, sexual assault, parental suicides, extreme bullying. Then you see the build toward hopelessness, despair, isolation, self-loathing, oftentimes rejection from peers. That turns into a really identifiable crisis point where they’re acting differently. Sometimes they have previous suicide attempts.

What’s different from traditional suicide is that the self-hate turns against a group. They start asking themselves, “Whose fault is this?” Is it a racial group or women or a religious group, or is it my classmates? The hate turns outward. There’s also this quest for fame and notoriety.

I am amused by how quickly you brought up an alleged and ludicrous connection between the killer and antifa. You, and thousands of right wing lunatics on twitter, gab and various other social media. That's why I decided to play along.

White male, 18 to 20 years old. Still on the loose.
Yeah. CNN anchors were virtually creaming their pants because they got to repeat that tidbit every 30 seconds. Had it been otherwise, they'd ignore it for the most part....

I suspect this Crimo guy is Antifa or otherwise a leftist.
1. He looks like a central casting version of one.
2. He is a rapper who goes by the moniker "Awake the Rapper". "Awake" is a synonym for "woke" essentially.
3. 4th of July parade lends itself more to a leftist motive.

WOW!! Do you get all your material from the MAGA Twitter bots or do you invent it yourself? Do you have a cite for the central casting Antifa? Wanna see some pictures of your Trump-sucking friends?

And in another post you associate '47' with the "COMMUNIST" AK-47. Ooh-ooh. Communist. Burn.

I'll bet you're one of the ilk that had to snarl when others were celebrating the life of Pete Seeger eight years ago. I'm not sure you're up-to-date on your MAGA memes though: Aren't today's communists using Jewish space lasers?

Oh! We're getting "serious" now!

As for '47, I guess you just don't appreciate how very very clever your own ilk is. Consider "Let's go, Brandon!" 'Brandon' is 'Biden' and 'Let's Go' is 'Fuck Joe.' Aren't your fellow travelers so very very clever? I'll bet many of them have 90+ IQs.

Speaking of "serious questions", the last time you pretended that it was the Left trying to terrorize America I showed stats indicating that it was the Right. You had some ilky answer to that ("Lame stream lies"). I showed that the URL pointed to the FBI. So, "serious question": Does your ilk think the FBI is part of the Jewish-Communist-AOC axis? :)

You made a presumption about him being antifa almost immediately, and you are asking other people to prove intention of the killer?!

You were the first person in here to suggest motive and immediately made it political. But you want others to justify their opinions. How typical.

"That's really the GOP's slogan after every mass shooting", or violent Republican failed coup attempt ...

Yeah. CNN anchors were virtually creaming their pants because they got to repeat that tidbit every 30 seconds. Had it been otherwise, they'd ignore it for the most part.
Just like they quickly lost interest in the murders at the Waukesha Christmas parade last year once it was revealed the perp was a black supremacist.

View attachment 39325
2. He is a rapper who goes by the moniker "Awake the Rapper". "Awake" is a synonym for "woke" essentially.
Talk about creaming in one's pants. You could not wait to jump to your bigoted and anti-woke conclusions.

Yeah. CNN anchors were virtually creaming their pants because they got to repeat that tidbit every 30 seconds. Had it been otherwise, they'd ignore it for the most part.
Just like they quickly lost interest in the murders at the Waukesha Christmas parade last year once it was revealed the perp was a black supremacist.

View attachment 39325

Ah yes... a typical anti-fascist. :hysterical:
Right down to the tie.
1657037449191.png

Ooops, Derec!
Looks like one of your own.

I'd say individual pics of a person aren't very useful for determining their mindset and beliefs. It seems this guy was more anti-society than anything else.

Whoever this person is, it's not like he's taking marching orders from some political party... Neither Pelosi nor Trump called him up and were like "we will begin with the parades!"

So what does it matter how the guy voted?

Whoever this person is, it's not like he's taking marching orders from some political party... Neither Pelosi nor Trump called him up and were like "we will begin with the parades!"

So what does it matter how the guy voted?
It doesn't. Some people are just so bitter that they want to make every tragedy the fault of someone or some group they don't like.

Seriously, this twerp is just another deranged spawn of the American gun culture’s death cult. It is nothing if not independent. From politics, humanity and reality in general.

At this point, I believe the only way to get gun reform done is for everyone to just stay home. Don't send your kids to school, don't go to the supermarket, church, or parades, and being that dying doesn't get the point across you can still go to the hospital.

The Akron victim should have killed half a dozen people to be taken in alive.
Well the so-called "victim" did shoot at police. And so police shot back.

Regular parade goes don't usually shoot back, esp. when it's somebody they can't even see because he is shooting from an impromptu sniper nest.

So it's an apples and nuclear submarines kind of comparison.
Yes, guy who killed no one and allegedly fired at least two bullets killed by onslaught of bullets.

Guy who fired around as many bullets (as Akron guy was hit by) and killed/wounded 30, possibly more, captured alive.

Both people are allegedly guilty of serious crimes. The defense of, well the Akron person shot at the police... really is the dumbest fucking statement when considering the other guy murdered half a dozen and wounded 4 or more times that.

Police: We take this guy down, he murdered lots of people, but remember, he didn't shot at us. So let's not go over the top. It isn't like he committed a traffic violation.
It's not a matter of how many they shot. It's a matter of what they did when the police came for them.

Back
Top Bottom