• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Harris will likely win

The lack of skepticism around the polls has been annoying me.
Why should the polls be alarming folks? They are echo'ing '16 and '20. We've learned that the Republicans will vote for whomever is on the ticket, and that Evangelical just meant racist MoFo.
462567979_571382295560232_3106982691997450058_n.jpg

Here is my prediction map. Based on what you ask? Just my completely non-expert hunches (although we might still win Georgia, possibly West Virginia). Besides prediction is just speculation anyway.
I understand putting California and Indiana in "safe" zones.
But Pennsylvania and Michigan and North Carolina?

Whatever you're smoking I'll need some on election day.
Tom
https://www.270towin.com/maps/DLNp8

Agreed. I thinking this is a better map.

Why should the polls be alarming folks? They are echo'ing '16 and '20. We've learned that the Republicans will vote for whomever is on the ticket, and that Evangelical just meant racist MoFo.

Here is my prediction map. Based on what you ask? Just my completely non-expert hunches (although we might still win Georgia, possibly West Virginia). Besides prediction is just speculation anyway.

Tom

That looks a lot more like reality to me.
Tom

Sound of Thunder, great story.

I got one little detail wrong, the doofus was shot at the end of the story, after he changed history and the Fascist was elected president.

Tom

Tom
No, you see, I'm super smart and have super future predicting powers. Everyone should listen to me.

I have been struck by the relative lack of Trump signs in my area (purplish part of a blue city in a bright red state).

I've seen the expected number of signs for the incumbent Republican congressman but (until very recently) few of these were accompanied by Trump signs.

Tom

Tom
+1
PA is not "safe" by a longshot. From the family chatter, it's more pink than light blue. And that's from the eastern part; the west is Trumpistan except P'Burgh/Allegheny Cty. The Trumpsters there are a lot more fired up about being Trumpsters than Dems are about being Dems, afaics

PA is not "safe" by a longshot. From the family chatter, it's more pink than light blue. And that's from the eastern part; the west is Trumpistan except P'Burgh/Allegheny Cty. The Trumpsters there are a lot more fired up about being Trumpsters than Dems are about being Dems, afaics
I once heard Pennsylvania described as "Philadelphia at one end, Pittsburgh at the other, and a huge chunk of Alabama in the middle."
Tom

. The “Bernie Bros” come to mind.
Seriously? There's no basis for that accusation. Less than ten percent of Sanders voters went for Trump and almost none of those had been Democratic voters before.
Nevertheless, all those Bernie Bros who stayed home or voted third party effectively voted for Trump. I'm confident that was more than 10%.

I believe it had a lot to do with the confident predictions of Hillary Clinton victory. Why bother voting for someone who is not your favorite person if you're confident that she'll win regardless?
Obviously, Harris is too smart to make that mistake.
Tom
Your confidence is based on nothing but your own bias. Just more blaming of small, particular voting blocs for what a massive plurality decided, ignoring what the overwhelming majority of "Bernie Bros" actually. They were more loyal to Clinton than your average "likely Democratic Voter", but we're targeting them with special accusations of misogyny. Why?

Last edited:
Your confidence is based on nothing but your own bias. Just more blaming of small, parricular voting blocs for what a massive plurality decided.
Must be nice up there in your ivory tower.
My confidence that Hillary was not the president is based on the reality.

Leftists like the Bernie Bros refused to vote for the bitch. And Trump won the EC.

That's what actually happened. And it didn't take a "massive plurality" of voters because simply not voting is a vote. Like it or not, staying home is a vote. And enough voters to change history did vote for Trump. Most by staying home.
Tom

Your confidence is based on nothing but your own bias. Just more blaming of small, parricular voting blocs for what a massive plurality decided.

Leftists like the Bernie Bros refused to vote for the bitch. And Trump won the EC.

That's what actually happened. And it didn't take a "massive plurality" of voters because simply not voting is a vote. Like it or not, staying home is a vote. And enough voters to change history did vote for Trump. Most by staying home.
Tom
The ivory tower? Seriously? If the ivory tower is the only place where claims require evidence, everyone should be moving into it, not out of it.

Leftists like the Bernie Bros refused to vote for the woman. And Trump won the EC.

Tom

There was a lot that went wrong with the 2016 vote. Hillary made several mistakes. She at least opened up the glass ceiling for more woman to run.

Personally, I think the biggest winner of this upcoming election won't be Trump or Harris, but the fucking lawyers. There's gonna be so many RVonse-esque challenges to the results I reckon a whole swathe of ambulance chasers have already paid deposits on their new holiday home in anticipation.

I have read an interview or two with women who were Republicans that planned on voting for Harris, but they weren't telling anyone, out of fear. So, I certainly hope more Republicans will vote for her, without letting anyone know. We certainly aren't required to tell anyone who we vote for, so that is probably a good plan. Maybe we should all do that.

None of us really know who will win, but if I think Trump will win and he loses, I'll have something to feel good about. :)

Personally, I think the biggest winner of this upcoming election won't be Trump or Harris, but the fucking lawyers. There's gonna be so many RVonse-esque challenges to the results I reckon a whole swathe of ambulance chasers have already paid deposits on their new holiday home in anticipation.
I agree once lawyers get involved, its a shit show. No disrespect to any lawyer on here.

There was a lot that went wrong with the 2016 vote. Hillary made several mistakes. She at least opened up the glass ceiling for more woman to run.
And her mistakes cost us immigration freedom and women's reproductive freedom. Etc.

Harris looks like she learned from Clinton's mistakes.
Yay!
I sincerely hope that she can rescue the US from Teaparty fascism. Maybe.

Go Girl!
Tom

Back
Top Bottom