• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Harvey Weinstein scandal

OK folks, dust down those "pussy hats". Let's march on Disneyland CA and demand stuff. Who's with me ? Anyone ? Anyone at all ?

LMFA :hysterical:

OK folks, dust down those "pussy hats". Let's march on Disneyland CA and demand stuff. Who's with me ? Anyone ? Anyone at all ?

I'll go with you. How about we demand that Disney immediately turn over to the police whatever information it has on people in the film industry sexually assaulting and raping child actors?

We don't need pussy hats but if you have a prick hat you want to wear that's cool. In fact, it's actually better. Go for it!

Last edited:

Let's castrate this asshole on live TV and stream it to others as a warning

Ah, so that is what the OP was for. Because there was a march about president pussy grabber, your point is there should be a march over anyone else is found to be a harasser. Dumb and desperate.

That's typical conservative logic for you.

A pussy-grabber who lost his job, his wife, his credibility, and is vilified by the public needs to be protested even after he already lost basically everything, but protesting a serial sexual predator who openly boasted about sexual assault who was rewarded with the presidency is something everyone should overlook.

Fuck, but I can't imagine the mental gymnastics being a conservative must require. How do they do it?

Is there a boycott of Weinstein's wife's clothing line in effect yet ? I haven't seen anything in the media hounding her brand or outlets that carry her line of products. Trying to get a handle on the rules.

The rules are rather obvious and include "Don't sexually assault people."

There is no rule about how strong and widespread the public reaction will be to violations of these rules, but it tends to be somewhat predictable to anyone with the most basic understanding of human beings. One major factor is the amount of power and influence the person has. Not surprisingly, most minimally rational people's reactions tend to be tied to how much they and the people they most care about are potentially harmed. For example if the accused are the most powerful person in the world with massive impact on the lives of everyone in the world, then being a self-admitted serial rapist like Trump is likely to get a very strong widespread response. OTOH, if their influence is only over a relatively small number of people in an industry well outside of the spheres that most average people identify with, then the reaction will not be as strong.

Also, if the accused get rather quickly punished and stripped of their influence once the knowledge is made public and few others in positions of power defend them, then there is little need for the public to act to oppose their future influence. OTOH, if the serial rapist is actually put into the most powerful position in the world and endorsed and embraced by many other highly influential people after their actions become pubic knowledge, then there is likely to be widespread public action against the person and a push to remove them from their position of influence.

Note that these differential reactions based on the scope of the person's continued future influence is only for reasonable people with some degree of ethics. That excludes pretty much all Trump supporters and social conservatives more generally. Since they don't actually have regard for the rights of the powerless or woman in general, they don't react in a way based on protecting the past and future victims. Rather they react in whatever way best promotes their ideology, which includes misogynist and racist views and policies. Since Trump's power helps this cause, they completely ignore his admitted sexual assaults. Since "Hollywood" is one their favorite vague boogeymen of liberalism, they capitalize on the opportunity to go after one of its power-brokers, dishonestly pretending to care about sexual assault whose prosecution they regularly try to undermine.

As for Weinstein's wife, she didn't break the rule against sexual assault, so no reasonable person thinks her actions or inactions warrant near the attention or reaction that her husband is getting. At worst, she broke rules related to not exposing his crimes, as did his fellow studio execs for decades. But generally people are more forgiving when loved one's fail to aid in the punishment of the accused, versus when such coverups are engaged in by business associates purely out of profit motive. This is because most people have an informal rule that enabling a wrong doer solely for greed and profit is worse than doing so to shield one's kids from the trauma of exposing their parent, or innate tendencies to excuse immoral behavior of those to whom we are emotionally bonded. Also, it is not clear how much knowledge she actually had of his criminal-level assaults rather than merely knowledge of infidelity use of his position to elicit sex for professional "favors".
That said, she is in fact already being punished for her enabling role, such as via an Jewelry company dropping her planned line of rings.

cr:jq

DNKpoPHX4AATyRE.jpg

Thanks for posting those, Trausti.

There's some people who don't get how guys like Harvey Weinstein operate. I think the characters in the SNL sketch describe it pretty well, except that Weinstein was able to retaliate much more effectively if a woman turned him down.

Thanks for posting those, Trausti.

There's some people who don't get how guys like Harvey Weinstein operate. I think the characters in the SNL sketch describe it pretty well, except that Weinstein was able to retaliate much more effectively if a woman turned him down.

links please?

Ha ha! Those stupid broads complain about sexual assault and rape! What a buncha dumb dames! Am I right? Huh? Am I right? Ha ha ha! I'm so edgy! I'm an edgelord! I'm joining an establishment that is thousands of years old to step on the necks of women, that makes me a rebel! I'm such a rebel edgelord! Look at me rebel by siding with the people in power!

One good thing about the Harvey Weinstein scandal is good it is snowballing. Many, many women are coming forward with cases of assault or harassment that are totally unrelated to Weinstein. Here's an example:

For those who don't know, that is the company behind those Honest Trailer videos.

This phenomenon is snowballing so much that it is even extending to minor YouTube personalities. A lot of celebrities are going to lose their careers over this.

Hopefully, we have reached a point where people will no longer reflexively dismiss women when they make such allegations. That is something I hope everyone is paying attention to. In sorry after sorry, the women day they are coming forward now because no one would believe them prior to this. They suffered in silence because no one took them out their allegations seriously.

It's good that the floodgates are opening and these accusations are seeing the light of day and being taken seriously.

It's better that the blame for these incidents is going almost entirely onto the men who perpetrated them and there's not any real kind of Trumpian backlash about how they're all lying bitches who are going to get sued for these false accusations and, by the way, they're not all that attractive so they wouldn't be targets of sexual harassment in the first place. That's one of the the main worries victims have about speaking up and it's been largely absent in the public discourse.

It's good that the floodgates are opening and these accusations are seeing the light of day and being taken seriously.

It's better that the blame for these incidents is going almost entirely onto the men who perpetrated them and there's not any real kind of Trumpian backlash about how they're all lying bitches who are going to get sued for these false accusations and, by the way, they're not all that attractive so they wouldn't be targets of sexual harassment in the first place. That's one of the the main worries victims have about speaking up and it's been largely absent in the public discourse.

Because it's only the ones accusing Trump who are liars. The rest are being honest.

Now Kevin Spacey is implicated in sexual abuse. What a fucked up place Hollywood is. Child rapist Roman Polanski gets a standing ovation and these Streep wags her finger at Trump. Such Chutzpah.

Geez. A Nazi and a child rapist. That quite the one two punch to grow up with. No wonder he put Gwinnneth Paltrow's head in a box.

Unfortunately, there is backlash, if you read the very conservative stuff, like The Daily Wire--especially comments. It's pretty bad. They wanted it, they proved themselves whores by taking the abuse and the job, they should name names.

But of course, the women who have accused Donald are liars and politically motivated.

Donald's brags? Dead silence about those...

Unfortunately, there is backlash, if you read the very conservative stuff, like The Daily Wire--especially comments. It's pretty bad. They wanted it, they proved themselves whores by taking the abuse and the job, they should name names.

But of course, the women who have accused Donald are liars and politically motivated.

Donald's brags? Dead silence about those...

Well ya, but that the conservative sites. Expecting something different is like ... well, it would be kind of like expecting a different reaction on this topic from conservative sites.

The courage to step forward to make honest is very commendable and not trivial at all, given repurcussions possible.

I have a very slight issue with possibly being asked to be on the record that may tax my resolve - something as serious as these fuckers must be very hard to report. A brief description will follow.

I work a couple different jobs, A and B. At A is a politically active gay guy who previously worked with a bible banger older woman coworker of mine at B and he had a fling with her son. Well, he talks a lot of crap about her (some justified, some not) and brags about banging her son.

She asked me today if I would be willing to make a statement about the gossip (probably truth) he is spreading and I am not sure what I will do. I like and dislike different aspects of both of these people, and this is just a messy situation. But the moment she asked me I thought of Weinstein's wreckage and the paralysis that can set in for reporting.

I just realised something. There's no woman who has come forward saying that Donald Trump has grabbed them by the pussy. There's a possibility that he just made it up. As if he would want to have the courage to do it, but doesn't. Just eagerly wanting to impress so bad that he made it up. That is a new record low of pathetic. Imagine wanting to be a rapist, but being too much of a coward?

Back
Top Bottom