• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Health eating isn't always healthy

I eat home made food as daily consumption. In my house we used to have a day (Friday) which was called "Junk Food Day", where we bought McDonalds for breakfast and some fried chicken or sandwich for lunch.

The breakfast caused me symptoms like diarrhea, well, I wasn't the only one at home suffering the same. It was like our weekly laxative. Somehow bacteria or some ingredient in that food caused me to have such reaction.

Junk Food Day was necessary, because the body must get used to junk food. You are always exposed to eat junk food when you travel driving a car, when you are with friends going out, etc.

So, to prevent a unfavorable reaction, the body must have some knowledge of that kind of food.

On the other hand, a glass of juice has way more sugar than a soda. Lots of vegetables in restaurants have been sprayed with additives to maintain them fresh. Who knows how long ago the delicious chicken soup has been prepared in a restaurant.

In other words, eating healthy really requires lots of care, taking your own food for lunch time at work, and things like that.

But, lets go further. The chicken you buy at the market is a genetically modified chicken produced in miles long underground factories. These chicken never see sun light, live in cages, fed on food running in a feeder canal in front of them, the poo poo of these chicken goes to a river running under the cages, the poo poo goes to a processor machine which separates 65% of it to be mixed with additives and return back to the feeder canal.

This is how healthy is the chicken sold in most of the USA.

About fish... the same. Growth in pools, where even with the most care, they will end eating their own excrement, plus the water is not purified properly, in other words, that fish is completely different than the one from a natural environment. For example, Salmon from the river has the flesh orange going to red. The fish is not "fat" because travels a lot and the body is "fit", and, of course, "smells".

On the other hand, salmon from pools, are fat, the flesh is from orange to white, and it doesn't have strong smell.

You must pay "extra" to eat "healthy fish".

About fruits, for example. The worst that the food industry has made is producing fruits without seeds. You have no idea how bad becomes eating seedless fruits. You think you are eating "healthy" but seedless fruits lack of ingredients which by nature serve as protectors of your health. When you eat seedless fruits you are eating sugary food only, the natural protection against some diseases is missed.

The food industry practically has destroyed the meaning of "healthy food". The worst is that our bodies get used to junk food and demand the "drug" and reject healthy food. Children will prefer a soda over having a fresh made lemonade or orange juice made with fruits with seeds. As snack sweet cookies will be over an apple, or Doritos over a healthy sandwich with lettuce and tomatoes included.

And about bodies and health.

As long as the individual is not obese, being overweight is not unhealthy. In many cases a heavy body is by inheritance, and there is nothing wrong with the individual but was born with heavy bones and require of more flesh surrounding it. As long as walking, running, playing a sport is a routine, being overweight is not much an issue.

Main thing is what we eat. I myself don't follow rigorously a healthy food consumption, but I don't abuse eating junk food.

I can just suggest you to please yourself considering that what you eat will cause consequences in your body, and if not today, then later on, you will suffer a lot because the poor health in your latter years.

At least, think about it.
There is nothing that isnt genetically modified. Genetic modification is the base for evolution.

Definitively you have not seen "that" artificially genetically modified chicken, I think is R57 or similar name, with atrophied legs and other degraded characteristics.

Such is not evolution but yuck yuck yuck chicken, eating back 65% their own doo doo... yuck yuck yuck... These chicken have not even flavor... I saw the documentary... apparently you ignore what are you eating when you go to those cheap carry out stores and when you buy cheap chicken at the food markets.

Forget about silly and stupid theories which won't take you anywhere, because those make you live in a world of fantasy.

The miles underground chicken factory was even published in magazines of science in the 60's. In those publications, same as you read about your theory, everything looks clean and neat "in paper", but in reality those underground factories are zombie movies alike, with deformed creatures eating excrement mixed with additives.

But, yes, you better live your world where, how is it? of yes, species live better without wings, without teeth, without fingers, without legs, and so forth. Lol

You seem to be happy believing those ideas.

I'm just telling you that in your diet when you eat chicken in carry outs you are consuming 65% doo doo chicken.(*)

(*) In nature, birds like chicken might consume about 10% of their own doo doo. They are animals and when no other food is available like worms and similar, they just eat what they have available, but this is a minimum level of this kind of consumption.)
yikes. to ignore.

The latest health fad among the alternative medicine crowd is "raw water" (untreated water) for which they pay exorbitant amounts of money. I can't wait until the dysentery starts.

The latest health fad among the alternative medicine crowd is "raw water" (untreated water) for which they pay exorbitant amounts of money. I can't wait until the dysentery starts.

Those folks are idiots. Not sure what it has to do with this thread, however.

There is also the problem that BMI does not consider build. I'm built large (13EEEE shoes, XXL gloves), my wife is built tiny (she considers rolling up sleeves to make something fit normal. Some T-rex in her ancestry, perhaps?)--it would be unreasonable to expect the same BMI.

What do you think we could use as a reasonably accurate measure of our build?
EB

That's what the enormous amounts of money are for... their legal budget.

Nope, you're not correct. You have a genetic weight that is normal/healthy for you. Attempting to deviate too much from that will either way will end up creating unhealthy situations. And BMI is NOT A MEASURE OF HEALTH so your second sentence is just ludicrous.
BMI=30 is not healthy no matter what. And yes, I am correct. Any animal will get fat if they are allowed to eat as much as they want. That's evolutionary advantageous when food is scarce which has been the case until recently.
Sorry but yes, you are. BMI is NOT A MEASURE OF HEALTH. A body builder will likely have a BMI of 30. An animal in the wild will not eat more than they need. They eat intuitively. Your body will slow down your metabolism however if you are starving which is why "dieting" actually leads to greater weight gain ultimately.
Since when body builders are healthy?
Animals in the wild will have lots of problems if it gets fat, starting with being eaten by predators or nor being able to eat if it itself is a predator.

BMI is not a perfect measure but for average person it's relatively good descriptor.

According to the theories behind correlating BMI to health a BMI that is too low is also considered unhealthy.

Unhealthy just means it increases the odds of some health problem developing in the long term.

It does not mean you will feel unhealthy.

A person who slowly develops diabetes, which seems to be correlated to body fat, will feel fine all the way until they reach a point where so much damage has been done their long term health may be effected and they may need medications the rest of their life.

I forget the name, a guy went on a super sized exclusively fast food diet and documented it. He put on way, his blood chemistry shewed organ impairment, and I think he had some permanent damage. It was around 4 to 6 weeks.

I'll see if I can find it/

I forget the name, a guy went on a super sized exclusively fast food diet and documented it. He put on way, his blood chemistry shewed organ impairment, and I think he had some permanent damage. It was around 4 to 6 weeks.

Morgan Spurlock.

It's a very well known TV show.

It's not a proper scientific study.

If it's on TV, it's entertainment. Only idiots think it's real.

Last edited:

That's what I think whenever I see a science programme on TV.

So, I'm still unconvinced the Americans landed on the Moon sometime in 1969... :thinking:
EB

So, I'm still unconvinced the Americans landed on the Moon sometime in 1969... :thinking:
EB

Of course they didn't! They brought back supposed moon rocks--but the moon is made of green cheese! Busted!

If it's only on TV, it's entertainment. Only idiots think it's real.

EB

You got me - I missed out one important word, which I felt was implied, but should have made explicit.

Please see above for my correction. And thank you for catching my error.

Morgan Spurlock.

It was a documentary "Supersize Me". And it was entertaining but far more.

All Spurlock ate was McDonalds.

He quickly gained weight, lost energy, and his liver enzyme values were rising indicating liver damage. His physician advised him to stop.

Very serious stuff.

If it's only on TV, it's entertainment. Only idiots think it's real.

EB

You got me - I missed out one important word, which I felt was implied, but should have made explicit.

Please see above for my correction. And thank you for catching my error.

One word missing! I got it! Superb! That's just swell!
EB

He quickly gained weight, lost energy, and his liver enzyme values were rising indicating liver damage. His physician advised him to stop.

Very serious stuff.

No, no. It doesn't work like that.

Remember, without a scientific model you got not understanding whatsoever.
EB

Morgan Spurlock.

Very serious stuff.

An anecdote based on a single individual experience remains valueless as evidence for anything, even if it is made into a TV show or movie.

Very serious stuff.

An anecdote based on a single individual experience remains valueless as evidence for anything, even if it is made into a TV show or movie.

A jury might disagree on the value of what you hold to be valueless anecdotal evidence.

Back
Top Bottom