• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Henry Kissinger Dead

Whenever I hear or see Kissinger’s name, the following joke always comes to mind.

President Nixon calls the head of the Decret Service into the Oval Office and says”Look out the window and tell me what you see”.

The man replies “I see ‘Nixon sucks’ written in the snow in what looks like urine.”

President Nixon says “Find out who is doing that and report back to me.”

The next the head of the Secret Service returns and says “Mr President, I have good news and bad news”.

President Nixon says “ Tell me the good news first”

The head of the Secret Service replies “Urinalysis indicates it is Kissinger’s urine.”

President Nixon says “Egads, what is the bad news?”

The head of the Secret Service replies “The handwriting is Mrs Nixon’s”.

Sorry but that cracks me up every time.

Kissinger was the author of the Vietnam peace plan which was basically, "Lay off for a while, give us back our POWs and give us time to get out. After that, do what you gotta do."

I've never seen why people give him credit for... anything, really. He did not set out to make peace with North Vietnam, we just lost the war. He negotiated a peace plan that did not favor us or our doomed allies, and which wasn't honored anyway. And for this he gets the Nobel?

Lets ask the people of Latin America how they feel about ol' Henry.

It seems that the old proverb is shown once again to be true: Only the good die young.
0_US-POLITICS-FUNERAL-ROSALYNN-CARTER.jpg

I was pleased to see NPR did a frank look at him flaws and all, and stayed away from fawning. He left a lot of carnage in his wake. Yes, he got some stuff done, but at what cost?

Back
Top Bottom