• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Hey "Soul" Sister!

There are plenty of thoughts, and thought structures that aren't mind or minds, but instead parts of minds that don't exist without minds to contemplate them.

Without the light of mind, is a structure there-->

Then why do my mental states change when nobody is around?
Why do you assume that what is within your brain has no mind, and projects no self identity? :cheeky:

Why do you assume that your mind does not cause change? Is quantum foam a manifestation of vacuum energy or just mind sucking?

We might as well just assume that there are entities that affect us that are not minds, at least until there is a better explanation.
You don't have to assume anything: the Peano axioms affect us and are rules (thoughts) followed by minds, which exist as part of minds (like qualia), without independent existence.
You seem to lean towards panpsychism where everything has a mind.
Thoughts do not have independent existence, they are part of mind. Discard the idea that I'm leaning towards panpsychism, it's not accurate.

I just had an interesting discussion with another member here on the "Soul." But it evolved into going way off-topic on a thread of a toally differing subject, so we had to close it up.

But it got me wondering: How many of you believe in it?

That is to say: some sort of "life spark" or "divine animation" or "undefined energy source" that drives us and cannot be reduced to being of purely neurological and biological properties?

Thanks for your interest!

I think this thread could get very lively! LOL.

:slowclap:

I do not believe in that at all. But I don´t define "soul" that way anyway. To me the soul is a metaphor for the sense of self we all feel we have. It is illusory. But we can still feel we have it.

Then why do my mental states change when nobody is around?
Why do you assume that what is within your brain has no mind, and projects no self identity? :cheeky:

Why do you assume that your mind does not cause change? Is quantum foam a manifestation of vacuum energy or just mind sucking?

I don't assume that. We haven't got there yet.

We might as well just assume that there are entities that affect us that are not minds, at least until there is a better explanation.
You don't have to assume anything: the Peano axioms affect us and are rules (thoughts) followed by minds, which exist as part of minds (like qualia), without independent existence.

Are you saying that the mind affects the mind? Unless there are two minds per person, possibly the unconsciousness and consciousness, I don't see how that makes sense.

Thoughts do not have independent existence, they are part of mind. Discard the idea that I'm leaning towards panpsychism, it's not accurate.
Yes, but I am talking about the mind. The mind might have some independence. We know for all most certain that the mind is mostly dependent on the body.

Are you saying that the mind affects the mind?
I said you don't have to assume anything, in response to your meh "we might as well just assume....".

There are parts of minds (thoughts and qualia) that are not minds themselves, that have an effect upon the minds that they are part of. They do not exist independently of minds.

Yes, but I am talking about the mind. The mind might have some independence. We know for all most certain that the mind is mostly dependent on the body.
Whatever you just said has nothing to do with me not leaning towards panpsychism. Thoughts aren't minds, they don't think themselves, yet they exist as part of the minds that think and share them.

Gravity/soul > Spirit-2 > biological/soul > I-verse + you-verse

But it got me wondering: How many of you believe in it?
That is to say: some sort of "life spark" or "divine animation" or "undefined energy source" that drives us and cannot be reduced to being of purely neurological and biological properties?

:slowclap:

A physical/energy spark is spirit-2 i.e. fermions, bosons and/or any combination thereof.

Soul = biological ergo biological/soul, not has a soul, rather is a soul. imho

Di is greek for 2

vine is woody plant that travels along surface of terra, on just under the surface, and vertically, if given the opportunity towards the light.

Woman{ Xx } and man{ Xy } together make 2{ Di } and each has 2 sex chromosomes per cell.

Complex woman and less complex man, intertwine, their vine trajectories, and may vertically climb toward meta{beyond}physical-1 cosmic heaven and/or a heaven on Earth. At best, we may say, that, soul is equilvalent to gravity, as the essence{ the key } of any collective aggregate of spirits-2. and the biologicals/soul of bacteria that live within the humans.

Interestingly tho, Ive seen fungus--- shrooms --come out of log facing toward the Earth, and then turn go away from gravitational Earth, and that is in the dark, so light was not the issue. Even if outside light is notas primary to fungus as it is to plants.

Something in the genetics of the species of fungus I observed, causes it to go turn and grow away from Earths
gravity.

Isnt gravity the enemy of skin tone as we grow older and it all begins to sag, more and more?

r6

I've seen language used. Words, punctuation, everything... and yet, not a single coherent thing was actually said.

A metaphysical-1 spark as no properties, altho, the way it is expressed does have a one or more properties.

Few can grasp the differrence between having a soul and being a soul.

r6

A physical/energy spark is spirit-2 i.e. fermions, bosons and/or any combination thereof.
Di is greek for 2
vine is woody plant that travels along surface of terra, on just under the surface, and vertically, if given the opportunity towards the light.
Woman{ Xx } and man{ Xy } together make 2{ Di } and each has 2 sex chromosomes per cell.Complex woman and less complex man, intertwine, their vine trajectories, and may vertically climb toward meta{beyond}physical-1 cosmic heaven and/or a heaven on Earth. At best, we may say, that, soul is equilvalent to gravity, as the essence{ the key } of any collective aggregate of spirits-2. and the biologicals/soul of bacteria that live within the humans.Interestingly tho, Ive seen fungus--- shrooms --come out of log facing toward the Earth, and then turn go away from gravitational Earth, and that is in the dark, so light was not the issue. Even if outside light is notas primary to fungus as it is to plants.
Something in the genetics of the species of fungus I observed, causes it to go turn and grow away from Earths
gravity.

Isnt gravity the enemy of skin tone as we grow older and it all begins to sag, more and more?

r6

A metaphysical-1 spark as no properties, altho, the way it is expressed does have a one or more properties.

r6

Di is greek for 2
Woman{ Xx } and man{ Xy } together make 2{ Di } and each has 2 sex chromosomes per cell.Complex woman and less complex man, intertwine, their vine trajectories, and may vertically climb toward meta{beyond}physical-1 cosmic heaven and/or a heaven on Earth. At best, we may say, that, soul is equilvalent to gravity, as the essence{ the key } of any collective aggregate of spirits-2. and the biologicals/soul of bacteria that live within the humans.Interestingly tho, Ive seen fungus--- shrooms --come out of log facing toward the Earth, and then turn go away from gravitational Earth, and that is in the dark, so light was not the issue. Even if outside light is notas primary to fungus as it is to plants.
gravity.

r6

Our souls. Are souls our souls?

bilby--Our souls. Are souls our souls?

Our souls = biologicals/souls if that is your question. If you can address the specific comments you do not understand, there exists a better chance I can assist your inquires.

Yes, souls belong to the biological kingdom. Biologicals = souls ergo biological/soul or biologicals/souls.

If not ours then whose? perhaps your concern is that if there problem with your biology/soul you want to show evidence of warranty.

I think our biology/soul does not come with warranty or an gurrantees except change and maybe frequency and maybe pattern. No documents except those the of the birthing assistant. I presume.

Hope that helps Bilby.

r6

bilby--Our souls. Are souls our souls?

Our souls = biologicals/souls if that is your question. If you can address the specific comments you do not understand, there exists a better chance I can assist your inquires.

Yes, souls belong to the biological kingdom. Biologicals = souls ergo biological/soul or biologicals/souls.

If not ours then whose? perhaps your concern is that if there problem with your biology/soul you want to show evidence of warranty.

I think our biology/soul does not come with warranty or an gurrantees except change and maybe frequency and maybe pattern. No documents except those the of the birthing assistant. I presume.

Hope that helps Bilby.

r6

Perhaps it would help to clarify my position if you simply read my post out loud.

If you can address the specific comments you do not understand, there exists a better chance I can assist your inquires.

Start with the first word or set of words you apparrently do not understand, in all of my givens. There are no trick questions.

If not ours, then whose?

r6

That was explained nicely in Canticle for Leibowitz.

The body is a temporary accessory to the eternal soul. When the agnostic says that 'I may or may not have a soul' he's missed the point. He, his 'I,' should refer to the soul which does not fade or age or pass away to dust. It is the permanent component of a personality, the register of memory, experience and thought that makes an individual distinct from a flesh-golem or a squishy automaton.

The body is something he 'has' though not permanently.

Fairly straight forward. Unless you tie color into the explain, mayhap.

"I" Is Not Eternal To The Individual

The body is a temporary accessory to the eternal soul.

No it is not. There exists no eternal soul associated with your following "I". Your "I" is not eternal.

It is the permanent component of a personality, the register of memory, experience and thought that makes an individual distinct from a flesh-golem or a squishy automaton.

That is mostly fine and dandy except it does not go with your eternally comment previous to the above i.e there exists no eternally existent soul--- your "I" ---for the individual human.

If you are your stated "he", let me make this clear for you, there exists no eternal "I" associated with you.

To be clear, the "I" appears to vanish, for people in comas, people in sleep as well who have people die.

I see no rational, logical common sense for eternal "I" associating with the human body.

Sounds like some religous belief system basedin mysticism of some sort, or another.
Fairly straight forward. Unless you tie color into the explain, mayhap.

Stragint forward, just not rational, logical and no common sense involved.

Color are not the problem, your attitude is the problem. Sad lack of moral and intellectual integrity is what Ive observed in most replies to me, i.e. lot of immaturity expressed by spit, on my given pearls. Sad :--( imho

r6

No it is not. There exists no eternal soul associated with your following "I". Your "I" is not eternal.
I was explaining the difference between the two descriptions as i understand it.
Not claiming that either one accurately describes humanity.
But go ahead, then.
Tell us what the difference actually is. If it's within your capability to transmit an idea to another person.

If you are your stated "he", let me make this clear for you, there exists no eternal "I" associated with you.
I am not the 'he' in the description above. That would be something from a scifi novel, which i assume the author got from his Catholic teachings.
To be clear, the "I" appears to vanish, for people in comas, people in sleep as well who have people die.

I see no rational, logical common sense for eternal "I" associating with the human body.
Then what, for the sake of discussion, would be the difference between having a soul and being a soul?
Sounds like some religous belief system basedin mysticism of some sort, or another.
THe character who explained the difference, when phrased in English, was presented as a Catholic in a monastery, yes.
What you mean by the terms is yet to be determined.
Stragint forward, just not rational, logical and no common sense involved.
Wow. I quoted a science fiction novel and you find it not to describe the universe you live in.
That strikes me to the core, really.
I'm so sad.
Color are not the problem, your attitude is the problem.
Yes. i can see where actually trying to communicate would be, in your mind, a poor attitude.
Sad lack of moral and intellectual integrity is what Ive observed in most replies to me, i.e. lot of immaturity expressed by spit, on my given pearls. Sad :--( imho
Mr. Miller will be so glad you dismiss his moral and intellectual integrity.

Keith&Co.-- But go ahead, then. Tell us what the difference actually is. If it's within your capability to transmit an idea to another person.

The differrence between what and what? You lost me here. Nothing you stated invalidates my reply comments to you.

If there is a word I use, then you--- or anyone else -- can ask for clarity. Same goes for any set of words. Only one person has done such.

THe character who explained the difference, when phrased in English, was presented as a Catholic in a monastery, yes.
What you mean by the terms is yet to be determined.

I feel the same way towards you. Can you read the sentence preceding this one?

Wow. I quoted a science fiction novel and you find it not to describe the universe you live in.
That strikes me to the core, really. I'm so sad.

I have no idea what you think you may be referencing in my comments. Like most here, you have nothing rational, logical or common sense that invalidates any of my comments, as stated, or adds to them with any significant ideas. Please share. Thx
Yes. i can see where actually trying to communicate would be, in your mind, a poor attitude.

The evidence speaks for itself. There are English words, and if any do not understand/comprehend a word or any set thereof, Ive always been availble to any who have rational, logical and common sense comments. Few to none have occcured.

Maybe you have the backbone to be the 2nd, as Fast made some attempt to be civil, mature and rational.
Mr. Miller will be so glad you dismiss his moral and intellectual integrity.

Im more concerned with finding moral and intellectual integrity with people on this forum.

Only one person has addressed my comments as stated with rational, logical and common sense.

No eternal "i" exists for the human individual and you certainly have offered us no rational, logical and common sense comments to validate your comments in those regards, irrespective of your belief or not of those you quoted.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Biological/soul = synonym

Spirit-2 = physical/energy spark aka fermions, bosons and/or any aggregate combination thereof
...occupied space...

Spirit-3 = gravity aka metaphysical-3
...occupied space.......

Spirit-1 = metaphysical-1, mind/intellect as abstract concepts of all
...concepts of space, occupied and not.......

See my cosmic heirarchy for more description and clarity of the above. If any here at the 'Talk Free Ridiucle' forum have the backbone to place their ego involvement with moral, and intellectual integrity, aside.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mostly i.e for the most part, we have people around here, with bubble-brain-syndrome, that, has led them to exhibit a sad lack of moral, and intellectual integrity, as exhibited by their unnecessary, an immature spitting, on my comments as stated. Sad :--(

It is difficult to say whether their bubble-brain is the root of their behaviour, or, if hate in their hearts, is the root of their bubble-brain syndrome.

Either way, they have to turn their head side-ways to read italics. Bold and colored words affects their cognitive abilities also. Color and italics is not the problem.

Bubble-brain appears to have enhanced their fear of having their ego crash, or becoming maximally dispersed to the cosmic heavens and there-in lies the one of the problems.

r6

The differrence between what and what? You lost me here.
Really? Is scroll technology beyond you? You were the one claiming there was a difference between two states.
I quoted you.
Now you don't know what difference i was talking about?

Damn, rrr, are you intentionally pretending density or do you just have too many sticks in the fire?

Never mind.

Keith&Co.-- You were the one claiming there was a difference between two states.

Sorry you can no handle simple question to your simple comment. Please state between differrences of what and what were you taking about.

I quoted you. Now you don't know what difference i was talking about?

If I new, I would not ask you. You need to search your soul. You made the statement and of difference between this and or that, and you cannot tell me what your referencing.

Damn, rrr, are you intentionally pretending density or do you just have too many sticks in the fire? Never mind.

Yeah "never mind" because you have nothing rational, logical or common sense to offer in regards to my comments as stated.

There is no eternal "I", irrespective of your belief in such or quoting someone else.

When you climb out of you ego based bubble-on-high-horse, then perhaps you will choose to have a rational, logical and common sense communication. The evidence to date is not in your favor and most around here.

Lot of ridicule and spitting with complete ignoring of my comments as stated. Go figure. I have.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still waiting for rational logical and common sense replies. Ego religion has decomposed their backbones. Sad :--( Perhaps we should pity them,

The bubble brains claim no sense yet they never ask for clarity of single word much less a set of words or sentence. This because their religion prevents them from doing so.
Talking to ego is like talking to a drunk, there exists no rational communication with them
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Biological/soul
= synonym

Spirit-2 = physical/energy spark aka fermions, bosons and/or any aggregate combination thereof
...occupied space...

Spirit-3 = gravity aka metaphysical-3
...occupied space.......

Spirit-1 = metaphysical-1, mind/intellect as abstract concepts of all
...concepts of space, occupied and not.......

See my cosmic heirarchy for more description and clarity of the above. If any here at the 'Talk Free Ridiucle' forum have the backbone to place their ego involvement with moral, and intellectual integrity, aside.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mostly i.e for the most part, we have people around here, with bubble-brain-syndrome, that, has led them to exhibit a sad lack of moral, and intellectual integrity, as exhibited by their unnecessary, an immature spitting, on my comments as stated. Sad :--(

It is difficult to say whether their bubble-brain is the root of their behaviour, or, if hate in their hearts, is the root of their bubble-brain syndrome.

Either way, they have to turn their head side-ways to read italics. Bold and colored words affects their cognitive abilities also. Color and italics is not the problem.

Bubble-brain syndrome appears to have enhanced their fear of having their ego crash, or becoming maximally dispersed to the cosmic heavens and there-in lies the one of the problems.

r6

Bubble-brain syndrome appears to have enhanced their fear of having their ego crash, or becoming maximally dispersed to the cosmic heavens and there-in lies the one of the problems.

r6

Our consciousness comprehends ephemeral positivity. Intuition is reborn in total mysteries.

Back
Top Bottom