• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Hillary Clinton

I think Hillary can say with a very straight face that nobody can point to anything she has ever done that can be proven to be reciprocity. The influence of money is so insidious in politics that even those under its influence are largely unaware it, subconsciously conflating the interests of their constituents with those of their donor/clients.
Yes it's hard to send Lloyd Blankfein to prison after so many dinners and bags of money, and don't forget her son in law who is a potential future head of Goldman

Where do you think they made their fortunes..... playing craps in Las Vegas? They both were and still are in a career of government pure and simple. Nobody is disputing the $millions they have received in speaking fees and thats corruption pure and simple. And yes it might even be legal....that does not make it right or moral.

Could you please direct me to you posts wherein you are questioning the morality of George W. Bush or Pappa Bush or Jeb Bush or Barbara Bush or John McCain or Sarah Palin or any of the thousands of other politicians, past and present, who make money from speaking fees?
Al Gore is paid a fortune to speak about his crusades against modern society. About wanting to take us all back to the cave. And even took payment to speak on behalf of mining company, the hypocritical buffoon.

You do realize that these speaking fees are noting but bribes? She is not that interesting.
Totally disagree. She's a great speaker. I attended a speech that she gave to a large group of manufacturers in Seattle. My company paid the fee. But it was a great speech. Uplifting. Probably half the room was business conservatives (fiscally conservative, socially liberal); and she had several standing room only applauses.
Who do you think wrote her speech, herself?

Perhaps instead of doing the usual echo chamber, you should find an actual Republican that hates her and ask that Republican. Most of these answers, "because she's a woman", are probably somewhat different from what Republicans would say, but instead reflect the general opinion of Republicans on this forum.
I have. Several say that there is just something about her they don't like. Some say she comes across as "not genuine", some say she seems snarky. I agree that her biggest problem is being a woman, being a strong woman in America means you are a bitch. Hopefully having a woman president will change that, at least for some.
We tried the experiment of having a female leader here in Australia. It was arguably the worst government this country ever had. Spending billions of $ that weren't there, chaotic, dishonest, and downright incompetent.

Ya, but when some other country put a man in charge, he ended up starting a world war and killing millions of Jews, so that's a concern if any of the guys who are running get elected.

I have. Several say that there is just something about her they don't like. Some say she comes across as "not genuine", some say she seems snarky. I agree that her biggest problem is being a woman, being a strong woman in America means you are a bitch. Hopefully having a woman president will change that, at least for some.
We tried the experiment of having a female leader here in Australia. It was arguably the worst government this country ever had. Spending billions of $ that weren't there, chaotic, dishonest, and downright incompetent.

And it never occurred to you that all those things had absolutely nothing to do with the persons gender? Seriously?

I think it is hard to disagree that there isn't at least a strong whiff of sleaziness associated with the Clintons with their blatant influence peddling. It is hard to believe for me that Mrs. Clinton somehow was the only senior lawyer in the Rose law firm that avoided the sleaziness associated with Whitewater. It is hard to believe for me that Secretary of State Clinton was not influenced at all by the millions of dollars different foreign gov'ts donated to the Clinton Foundation. But even if my beliefs are misguided, I find it more than ironic that a supporter of Donald Trump is worried about corruption or sleaziness.
I would not consider myself to be a strong supporter of Trump. I simply prefer him to Hillary when Bernie is no longer an option. And yes, Trump looks less corrupt to me then she does and that is really saying something. Especially when considered I am pro union and supposed to be voting democrat.

I think it is hard to disagree that there isn't at least a strong whiff of sleaziness associated with the Clintons with their blatant influence peddling. It is hard to believe for me that Mrs. Clinton somehow was the only senior lawyer in the Rose law firm that avoided the sleaziness associated with Whitewater. It is hard to believe for me that Secretary of State Clinton was not influenced at all by the millions of dollars different foreign gov'ts donated to the Clinton Foundation. But even if my beliefs are misguided, I find it more than ironic that a supporter of Donald Trump is worried about corruption or sleaziness.
I would not consider myself to be a strong supporter of Trump. I simply prefer him to Hillary when Bernie is no longer an option. And yes, Trump looks less corrupt to me then she does and that is really saying something. Especially when considered I am pro union and supposed to be voting democrat.

They're your interests. You can do with them what you like. But wouldn't be a lot easier just to quit the union and move to a "right to work" state where you wouldn't have to hassle with all that protected pay and good benefits?

And it never occurred to you that all those things had absolutely nothing to do with the persons gender? Seriously?
In many ways it contributed to her lack of proper judgement. She used the misogyny card to the hilt in defending her and her governments incompetence.

You seem to be describing someone with a lot of experience who knows how to move and work within the system.

Yup.

Or maybe Todd, the oddly old, but mentally slow grocery bagger at the Stater Brothers near my house is more qualified.

Why isn't he running? It would make my choice to support Hillary a lot easier, I suspect. Seriously, I don't have to like a politician for that politician to be my best option. I'm sure Todd is a nice guy, but could he nominate and get support for Justices who would overturn Citizens United? I'm hoping Clinton can, and will. And that she doesn't spend too terribly much on wars...

Again, I'm dumbfounded by the double standards. Either you are a graduate of Trump University or don't know his history very well. As a group, I've always found the majority of developers to be the sleazest business people around. Most are far sleazier than any politician. There are some good ones. One of my best friends is a very honest developer (and she gets a lot of business due to her good reputation). But Trump does not share that reputation! Here's a great story on him:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...75b918-60a3-11e5-b38e-06883aacba64_story.html

Shouldn't Clinton be in jail instead of running for pres? Benghazi has been forgotten has it?

If HRC deserves jail for the mistakes made in Benghazi, then GW and his entire cabinet should be sentenced for life.
It wasn't about the mistakes so much as the fact she lied and whitewashed it. Then there is the email scandal which the mainstream media has swept under the carpet somewhat. So Americans will vote for a proven liar?

If HRC deserves jail for the mistakes made in Benghazi, then GW and his entire cabinet should be sentenced for life.
It wasn't about the mistakes so much as the fact she lied and whitewashed it. Then there is the email scandal which the mainstream media has swept under the carpet somewhat. So Americans will vote for a proven liar?

She lied about Benghazi? Please provide proof. Here's a pretty good post that conflicts with your story:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news.../10/30/is-hillary-clinton-a-liar-on-benghazi/

It appears that depending on who one asks about the incident, one gets their side of the story. At least she admits publicly that it was wrong to use her personal email account to send security sensitive information.

Back
Top Bottom