• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Holy Crap - The Revolution is about to start

laughing dog

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Dogs rule
On Saturday, FEMA workers had to halt their work in Rutherford County due to reports that National Guard troops saw “armed militia” threatening the workers, according to the Washington Post, which cited an email to federal agencies helping with the response, verified by unnamed federal officials. It’s not clear if the threat was credible. FEMA Pauses efforts due to threats
I can only imagine what is going to happen if Trump loses.

A quick glance at any posts about FEMA's hurricane response on X reveals the numerous conspiracy theories that drive this kind of behavior.

A quick glance at any posts about FEMA's hurricane response on X reveals the numerous conspiracy theories that drive this kind of behavior.
Twitter? How about Donald Trump blasting it out at campaign rallies and Musk pushing it on his social media service. They are the source of the claims.

Like I have said, we've already lost.
Well I hope you have guns. Better lock and load.
More guns than these loons? Leftists are more heavily armed than they used to be, but that is not a gap that will ever be bridged. These Trump goons don't just own guns, they worship them. Bump Stock, the profane folk god of violence, smiles when they kill.

More guns than these loons? Leftists are more heavily armed than they used to be, but that is not a gap that will ever be bridged. These Trump goons don't just own guns, they worship them. Bump Stock, the profane folk god of violence, smiles when they kill.

It's not a matter of overthrowing, just for personal protection purposes. :feeling_lucky:

Sure, these loons have lots of guns. But just because they buy in to the crazy idea that if owning a gun makes you dangerous, owning ten guns makes you ten times as dangerous, and owning a hundred makes you a hundred times as dangerous, there's no need for us to believe such idiocy.

The returns from owning many guns diminish very rapidly. A person with one bolt action hunting rifle with a five round magazine, that is well maintained and that he is highly familiar with, is no less dangerous in a war than a gun fetishist with a dozen assault-style rifles, some with high capacity magazines, bump stocks, or even full auto capability.

Such guns are devastating against schoolchildren, or other crowds of unarmed and untrained (or poorly trained) victims. So they are good for committing war crimes. But not much good for actual warfare.

In a civil war (as in any war) logistics, training, communications, disciplne, and organisation are more important than the number of weapons per combatant.

Having rougly the same number of guns as fighters is ideal for small unit engagements; For wider and larger scale wars, it's also better to have as few different ammunition types as possible, than it is to have a lot of subtly different weapon types available. Having the perfect rifle for a given engagement is not as important as having only one kind of ammunition (and one weapon per soldier) to lug around.

That's why modern armies not only tend to standardize ammunition across weapons systems (so that the same cartridge can be fired by a rifle as is fired by a light machine gun, for example), but also across alliances (so that troops from different NATO nations can share each other's ammunition).

Rugged individualism is good for shooting up a primary school, but to win wars you need disciplined soldiers acting as a unified whole with a shared objective.

The Gravy Seals are a threat to civil order, but not to the integrity of the nation, as long as the authorities and their political masters are ready and willing to stand against them. Without a supportive POTUS, or at the very least the support of a large fraction of the military, they are powerless unless order has temporarily been broken down by a natural disaster.

Last edited:
In a civil war (as in any war) logistics, training, communications, disciplne, and organisation are more important than the number of weapons per combatant.
And as we all know,
We Americans are profoundly gifted in those areas.
Tom

One guy “militia”.
One guy can do a lot of damage but they usually die in the process.
But, 30million armed trumpsuckers would make a pretty awesome militia. Trump could just give orders over Truth Social; badmouth him on X or FB and the local deputy SWAT guy Bubba and a couple of his buds come around to neutralize the threat (you). Presidential orders, followed under pain of death, so no liability for Bubba.
This shit will get real if the Apricot gets the WH by hook or crook.

It's funny how this would totally happen if Trump were elected even though this rumor is untrue.

What are the conspiracy theories? The only thing I have read is that Starlink systems, sent in by Elon Musk to be delivered to local fire departments in order to be able to establish communication in the impacted area, were confiscated by FEMA and carried off. And so were donated supplies.

As with everything else I read here and elsewhere, I have no reason to believe or dis-believe whether Starlink actually got confiscated or not. But even if this were not true and factual, I would not consider this to be a conspiracy theory. I would just put it in the category that government is bureaucracy and the bureaucratic mind is afraid to make a decision, yet still wants to exercise control over the situation.

I've heard people claim that Biden and Harris are masterminds behind FEMA, deliberately withholding aid from areas hit by recent hurricanes because they vote Republican. Which is complete nonsense. Biden probably doesn’t even remember he’s president right now, and Harris is too busy trying to convince millions of terrified white people to vote for her.

I've heard people claim that Biden and Harris are masterminds behind FEMA, deliberately withholding aid from areas hit by recent hurricanes because they vote Republican. Which is complete nonsense. Biden probably doesn’t even remember he’s president right now, and Harris is too busy trying to convince millions of terrified white people to vote for her.
Here is what I think most people are really worried about: https://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/issuances/dodd/524001p.PDF?ver=UpTwJ66AyyBgvy7wFyTGbA==

But again. Not a conspiracy theory, it is simply a fact by DoD directive, permitting the use of lethal force through military assistance in civilian law enforcement of a disaster event. Biden regime challenging the Posse Comitatus Act

Here is what I think most people are really worried about:
If by "most people" you mean "a handful of paranoid conspiracy theorists who spend far too much time on Truth Social*"

* Which starts lying to them before they even get there, given that it is viciously opposed to both of the words in its own name

If by "most people" you mean "a handful of paranoid conspiracy theorists who spend far too much time on Truth Social*"

* Which starts lying to them before they even get there, given that it is viciously opposed to both of the words in its own name
By "most people" I was referencing the "Armed Militia" mentioned in the OP.

By "most people" I was referencing the "Armed Militia" mentioned in the OP.
I refer the honorable gentleman to the reply which I gave some moments ago.

Back
Top Bottom