• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How is this not overwhelming evidence Trump is a Russian Agent?

Brzezinski is not a historian but he is credible at least in this particular case. You can ask Carter he is still alive.
Both the US and USSR were vying for support of the monarchy, though that's not an invasion. The Saur Revolution and subsequent reforms after the coup produced a backlash of indigenous Mujahideen, which scared the Ruskies enough to invade. Once they did, the US saw an opportunity to arm the Mujahideen.
That's official history, In reality it was different.
The counter-revolution was specifically driven by a desire to return to Islamic law and custom, and decidedly anti-Western - which is to say that the country may have had nice places to visit, but the countryside wasn't a terribly great place to live.

Every book I've read on the topic, both from American and non-American authors has the USSR invasion occurring before US involvement.
Did you read a book from Brzezinski?

He's written a dozen or so. Cite the book and page where he states that the US had military involvement in Afghanistan before the Soviet invasion.

Brzezinski is not a historian but he is credible at least in this particular case. You can ask Carter he is still alive.

He's written a dozen or so. Cite the book and page where he states that the US had military involvement in Afghanistan before the Soviet invasion.
I am tired citing it here. Ask Loren.

Yeah, you've presented this "evidence" before. What you're still missing is the timeline. Russia created a puppet government in part of Afghanistan and used the resistance to it as a pretext for invasion.

Yeah, you've presented this "evidence" before. What you're still missing is the timeline. Russia created a puppet government in part of Afghanistan and used the resistance to it as a pretext for invasion.
Historians, CIA directors, Brzheziski,... all disagree with you

How is supporting Ukraine a vital US interest? Or does the US have to do it in order to appear tough in front of Russia?
Not merely appear. It's in US interest to weaken Russia into insignificance by any means possible.
That is paranoia, not reality. Russia is weakening itself without any help from the outside. All the US has to do is be patient.

Just going to jump in with my own conspiracy theory on the matter in terms of Russia/Ukraine. My take is that as long as there is conflict in the Ukraine they are not eligible to join NATO. Russia doesn't have to take over, or gain control - just keep conflict going long enough to exclude Ukraine from becoming part of NATO.

It appears to me both major parties of Ukrainian politics are problematic as well.

...and that's my hot take.

Just going to jump in with my own conspiracy theory on the matter in terms of Russia/Ukraine. My take is that as long as there is conflict in the Ukraine they are not eligible to join NATO. Russia doesn't have to take over, or gain control - just keep conflict going long enough to exclude Ukraine from becoming part of NATO.

It appears to me both major parties of Ukrainian politics are problematic as well.

Oh there is no conspiracy there, russian pundits openly point out that according to NATO rules you can't take Georgia/Ukraine until they solve their border disputes. Having said that, both Greece and Turkey are NATO members, so it's not really an ironclad insurance.

Real conspiracy is that neither US nor EU care much about Ukraine. US needs Ukraine to harass and weaken Russia.. In this particular case Ukraine took initiative and cut economic ties with Russia, that meant certain death for some industries including this jet engine company. Now they want to sell that useless company to China and US is mad. You should have thought about that before organizing anti-russian coup. But american neocons never learn.

Oh there is no conspiracy there, russian pundits openly point out that according to NATO rules you can't take Georgia/Ukraine until they solve their border disputes. Having said that, both Greece and Turkey are NATO members, so it's not really an ironclad insurance.

Real conspiracy is that neither US nor EU care much about Ukraine. US needs Ukraine to harass and weaken Russia.. In this particular case Ukraine took initiative and cut economic ties with Russia, that meant certain death for some industries including this jet engine company. Now they want to sell that useless company to China and US is mad. You should have thought about that before organizing anti-russian coup. But american neocons never learn.

How does it hurt Russia to simply ask them to stop stealing other countries land? Sure it hurts Putin. If he's not expanding, he's not able to divert Russian people's concerns as well.

How does it hurt Russia to simply ask them to stop stealing other countries land? Sure it hurts Putin. If he's not expanding, he's not able to divert Russian people's concerns as well.
Them whom?
Russia asked NATO to stop expanding, they did not listen and kept on doing it trying to take countries which were historically Russia and nothing else.
Cuba have never been part of US and yet you went literally nuclear over them inviting Russia, and you are still can't get over loss of something you never had.
Here we have Ukraine 50% of which is really Russia (that's a fact) You go in, make a little coup and start planning US base in Sevastopol which is russiest part of Ukraine. Then when Putin, russians in Russia, russians in Crimea said "Not so fast cowboy" you present this fake outrage.
Sorry man, you have no case here, not even Ukrainian nazis who cut off water to Crimea literally next day when they lost it think you have a case, they knew that Crimea is not and have never been Ukraine.

Them whom?
Russia asked NATO to stop expanding, they did not listen and kept on doing it trying to take countries which were historically Russia and nothing else.

Russia might not like it but that doesn't give them the right to dictate no expansion.

Turn it around--there are areas under Russian control that were Muslim. By your logic Russia has no rights to them.

Cuba have never been part of US and yet you went literally nuclear over them inviting Russia, and you are still can't get over loss of something you never had.

The issue wasn't Cuba going into the Russian sphere, but the placement of nuclear missiles there.

Here we have Ukraine 50% of which is really Russia (that's a fact) You go in, make a little coup and start planning US base in Sevastopol which is russiest part of Ukraine. Then when Putin, russians in Russia, russians in Crimea said "Not so fast cowboy" you present this fake outrage.
Sorry man, you have no case here, not even Ukrainian nazis who cut off water to Crimea literally next day when they lost it think you have a case, they knew that Crimea is not and have never been Ukraine.

We didn't make a coup. Your puppet was ousted for being a puppet.

Russia might not like it but that doesn't give them the right to dictate no expansion.
Russia did not dictate, it merely promised to react to the West breaking their own promises and lying.
Turn it around--there are areas under Russian control that were Muslim. By your logic Russia has no rights to them.
Oh, so you admit that US planned a base in Sevastopol. Good to know.

The issue wasn't Cuba going into the Russian sphere, but the placement of nuclear missiles there.
US might not like it but that doesn't give them the right to dictate no nuclear missiles in Cuba :)
You see what I did?
And you skipped over the fact there are no missiles in Cuba you are still sanctioning and undermining Cuba.

Oh, you totally did, you totally did. And in 20 years there will be new books from CIA directors explaining how it was right thing to do.

How is supporting Ukraine a vital US interest? Or does the US have to do it in order to appear tough in front of Russia?
Not merely appear. It's in US interest to weaken Russia into insignificance by any means possible.
Why?
That's good question, I am not a brain surgeon/scientist and don't have access to neocon brains anyway. So I don't know, but I would like to know on boards of which companies most vocal "russians are coming" generals are.

Last edited:
Oh, so you admit that US planned a base in Sevastopol. Good to know.

Go back and read what I said. It was a hypothetical, applying the same standard to a different situation.

US might not like it but that doesn't give them the right to dictate no nuclear missiles in Cuba :)
You see what I did?
And you skipped over the fact there are no missiles in Cuba you are still sanctioning and undermining Cuba.

I do agree our behavior towards Cuba isn't the brightest but note that every time we try to get more friendly with Cuba they did something to piss us off. Castro liked our embargo, it gave him a convenient excuse to explain why Cuba was so fucked up.

Oh, you totally did, you totally did. And in 20 years there will be new books from CIA directors explaining how it was right thing to do.

No. The people didn't like him obviously being a Russian puppet. No need to engineer anything.

Back
Top Bottom