• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How ‘Let’s Go Brandon’ became code for insulting Joe Biden

It's almost as if republicans are embarrassed and wish to be covert about their disdain, as if they do not wish to fully own it.

IOW, what Blastula said.

Ditto. :p

And thank you, Trausti, for showing how much more honest liberals are when they want to curse a president, in contrast to the right who are so cowardly pc about it.

Weird. 8 years of giving Obama shit just for the sake of giving him shit. Including on the floors of Congress (LIAR!).
4 years of 'You need to respect the office of President!'
Now, we see they're giving Biden... SECRET shit? Maybe it's because we're close to Christmas?
So Santa won't know they've been naughty if they use code words for naughty thoughts?

https://apnews.com/article/lets-go-...ns-joe-biden-ab13db212067928455a3dba07756a160

WASHINGTON (AP) — When Republican Rep. Bill Posey of Florida ended an Oct. 21 House floor speech with a fist pump and the phrase “Let’s go, Brandon!” it may have seemed cryptic and weird to many who were listening. But the phrase was already growing in right-wing circles, and now the seemingly upbeat sentiment -- actually a stand-in for swearing at Joe Biden -- is everywhere.
Yeah, I'm sure if this happened a couple of years ago and a big crowd was yelling, "Fuck Donald Trump!" the Democrats would have taken the high road, and said, "Now, now people, please drop the "Let's go Brandon" chant as a proxy for "Fuck Donald Trump!". Its disrespectful to our President."
Nobody's saying don't say it. We're making fun of how stupid and cowardly it is, and about as funny as any "joke" told by Republicans. In fact, people are saying go ahead and say fuck Biden if you want to. *shrug*

Give them their due... it's a creative rhyme, especially coming from the group who thought "Make America Great Again, Again" was a good slogan. They should get one of those participation trophies we know they love. We are all winners!!

It's almost as if republicans are embarrassed and wish to be covert about their disdain, as if they do not wish to fully own it.

IOW, what Blastula said.

And thank you, Trausti, for showing how much more honest liberals are when they want to curse a president, in contrast to the right who are so cowardly pc about it.
Do you not know the origin of the phrase? Before that there were already “fuck Joe Biden” chants at football games. But “Let’s go Brandon” really seems to make the lefties cry.

The kids are alright.

FDMyTsfVkAMDF2v
WASHINGTON (AP) — When Republican Rep. Bill Posey of Florida ended an Oct. 21 House floor speech with a fist pump and the phrase “Let’s go, Brandon!” it may have seemed cryptic and weird to many who were listening. But the phrase was already growing in right-wing circles, and now the seemingly upbeat sentiment -- actually a stand-in for swearing at Joe Biden -- is everywhere.

UPDATE:
South Carolina Republican Jeff Duncan wore a “Let’s Go Brandon” face mask at the Capitol last week. Texas Sen. Ted Cruz posed with a “Let’s Go Brandon” sign at the World Series. Sen. Mitch McConnell’s press secretary retweeted a photo of the phrase on a construction sign in Virginia.

The line has become conservative code for something far more vulgar: “F—- Joe Biden.” It’s all the rage among Republicans wanting to prove their conservative credentials, a not-so-secret handshake that signals they’re in sync with the party’s base.
It started at an Oct. 2 NASCAR race at the Talladega Superspeedway in Alabama. Brandon Brown, a 28-year-old driver, had won his first Xfinity Series and was being interviewed by an NBC Sports reporter. The crowd behind him was chanting something at first difficult to make out. The reporter suggested they were chanting “Let’s go, Brandon” to cheer the driver. But it became increasingly clear they were saying: “F—- Joe Biden.”
Trump hasn’t missed the moment. His Save America PAC now sells a $45 T-shirt featuring “Let’s go Brandon” above an American flag. One message to supporters reads, “#FJB or LET’S GO BRANDON? Either way, President Trump wants YOU to have our ICONIC new shirt.”

Separately, T-shirts are popping up in storefronts with the slogan and the NASCAR logo.
Never underestimate the GOP's ability to be childish and the Trump's propensity to grift.
LOL
FDCOvfdX0Ac0zRa

FDCOvfSXoAEKiyQ

FDCOvfQWYAMyPS5

FDCOvfPWEAMjOp0
As my parents used to say "If everyone jumped off a cliff, you'd jump as well?" Your whataboutism is duly noted.

And that ignores your false equivalence of the general public's vulgar behavior and the vulgar behavior of these politicians.
FFS

We will ‘impeach the motherf—er,’ new Democratic Rep. Rashida Tlaib says of Trump"

A "whataboutism" is not an argument. Are you endorsing this type of behavior?
No “whataboutism,” just hypocrisy. If you didn’t care when the other guy was President don’t act like you care now. Hypocrisy is always funny.

Mixing politics with sporting events used to make the righties cry. I guess that's out the window now.

Mixing politics with sporting events used to make the righties cry. I guess that's out the window now.

The lefties made the rules, righties just following suit.
I don't know what that means.

Yes you do. Lefties set the standard of acceptable conduct. Don’t complain when others copy it.
You mean like when that Republican congressman yelled out "Liar" during Obama's state of the union address?

The lefties made the rules, righties just following suit.
I don't know what that means.

Yes you do. Lefties set the standard of acceptable conduct. Don’t complain when others copy it.
Lol. You seriously crack me up.

:Righty sees someone kneeling silently: "Oh, so THAT'S what I'm supposed to be doing at sporting events? Okay then, let's give it a try.... Uhh... which knee goes down? Uhh... I can't figure it out.... Well, shit. I'll just shout "Fuck Joe Biden!" That's got to be EXACTLY the same... right? No? Well, Don't blame ME! I didn't set the standard of acceptable conduct."

I was at the Mid-Ohio track for the weekend with IndyCar and there was a truck with those large obnoxious Trump banners. These people don't mind interjecting the "right" politics into sports.

It also makes one wonder what in the heck Biden did to earn this level of hate. Try to get infrastructure legislation passed?

I was at the Mid-Ohio track for the weekend with IndyCar and there was a truck with those large obnoxious Trump banners. These people don't mind interjecting the "right" politics into sports.

It also makes one wonder what in the heck Biden did to earn this level of hate. Try to get infrastructure legislation passed?
I thought it was that he cheated in the election.

He needn't have done ANYTHING. The cult has ceded their opinions to the cult leader. If Trump expresses anger, the cult adopts the same anger.
They're all big sundials waiting for Trump to shine his light so they know where the shadows lie.

So, apparently at least one Congress critter thinks it's okay to wear a "let's go Brandon" mask on the House floor. This is so juvenile, besides being hateful. I don't remember any Democrats doing things like this on the House floor when Trump was president. I don't think what comedians and pundits say, compares with what a member of Congress does when he's in the capital. And, yeah. What the fuck did Biden do to enrage so many people! Is it that some Republicans are just such sore losers that they attack the president for no reason?

https://www.newsweek.com/jeff-duncan-lets-go-brandon-mask-joe-biden-chant-1642534

South Carolina congressman Jeff Duncan wore a mask featuring the new conservative meme "Let's Go Brandon" on the House floor, with the slogan adopted by Donald Trump supporters in replacement of the "f**k Joe Biden" chant.

Duncan, who has been a frequent critic of mask mandates throughout the pandemic, was seen wearing the mask in the nation's capital on Monday.

Punchbowl News founder Jake Sherman tweeted that Duncan had walked off the floor wearing a "Let's Go Brandon" mask. Duncan replied to the tweet from his official account with an emoji of a face wearing a mask.

And, yeah. What the fuck did Biden do to enrage so many people!

The commie is destroying America.

Those Republicans are so out of control into pathological partisanship that they want to strip committees from any Republican who voted for the infrastructure bill.

Republicans float punishing 13 members who voted for Biden infrastructure bill - The Washington Post

IOW, what Blastula said.

Do you not know the origin of the phrase? Before that there were already “fuck Joe Biden” chants at football games. But “Let’s go Brandon” really seems to make the lefties cry.

Yeah, I know the origin. So? Tell me which Congress members have publicly said FJB rather than LGB?

IOW, what Blastula said.

Isn't awesome seeing alt-right wingers keeping politics out of sports. :)

Back
Top Bottom