• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How ‘Let’s Go Brandon’ became code for insulting Joe Biden

At some point it will evolve into fist fights in Congress.
Or at least ugly anime editing contests...

Meanwhile Cruz pretends to be Christian....well at least when convenient. Who would Jesus swear at? Meanwhile, how many of these swear luving Evangelicals think Biden is somehow a fake Christian/Catholic?

You mean like when that Republican congressman yelled out "Liar" during Obama's state of the union address?

When that happened I commented "if only someone had said that to Bush, imagine how many people wouldn't have been killed." I was told that there is decorum and that people should never do that. Never, never never never.

Decorum doesn't matter in general, only in respect to the party of the target.

Food shelf rejects "Let's Go Brandon" rally's offer

BRANDON — The Brandon Area Food Shelf had not rejected accepting a portion of the proceeds generated by the “Let’s Go Brandon!” rally on Saturday.

“I had no knowledge of it, nobody said a word to me, nobody asked me about it, nobody made any suggestions or, I had no knowledge,” said Kathy Mathis, director of the Brandon Area Food Shelf, on Wednesday.

The “Let’s Go Brandon!” rally will is scheduled from 3 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Saturday at Central Park. It’s being put on by the Vermont GOP. Fliers for the event, shared earlier this week on the state Republican party’s social media channels, said a portion of merchandise sales would benefit the Brandon Area Food Shelf, “Because this Thanksgiving under #Biden could be the most expensive EVER!”

“It annoys me that they went ahead and did this without even contacting the food shelf itself,” said Mathis. “And I understand their intentions are good but nevertheless, blowing it up on social media as a Republican big event, it looks to me as if, and to anybody who’s reading it, it looks like the Brandon Area Food Shelf supports the Republican Party, and I resent that.”

McGregor... also said the phrase doesn’t necessarily translate into “F— Joe Biden.”
And that explains it. Standing firmly on their principles, the Party of Personal Responsibility has found a phrase that "doesn’t necessarily" indicate vulgar disrespect to the President. You cannot PROVE i meant 'Fuck Biden' when i wrote that.

Which makes sense. They're always whining about how PC makes it impossible for them to say anything critical of anyone, now they can be virulently critical but pretend that it doesn't actually violate anyone's PC standards. So i guess this is them admitting that Political Correctness won.

So, maybe all the hoopla about "Let's Go, Brandon" is a bit overblown. Seems the Prez himself is not aware of the meaning.:picardfacepalm:

PRESIDENT BIDEN Military Dad Says on Phone 'MERRY XMAS, JOE & LET'S GO BRANDON'

During one of the calls ... a father hopped on, and wished the Bidens a Merry Christmas. All seemed fine until his last words before hanging up ... as he clearly said, "Let's go Brandon."

Joe and Dr. Biden didn't seem to understand what it really meant, especially Joe -- who actually repeated it word for word himself and added, "I agree." Both even chuckled upon hearing it, which doesn't make sense on its face ... y'know, since it's super derogatory.

Someone must be keeping that boy in a carefully controlled news bubble. Scary.

So, maybe all the hoopla about "Let's Go, Brandon" is a bit overblown. Seems the Prez himself is not aware of the meaning.:picardfacepalm:

PRESIDENT BIDEN Military Dad Says on Phone 'MERRY XMAS, JOE & LET'S GO BRANDON'

During one of the calls ... a father hopped on, and wished the Bidens a Merry Christmas. All seemed fine until his last words before hanging up ... as he clearly said, "Let's go Brandon."

Joe and Dr. Biden didn't seem to understand what it really meant, especially Joe -- who actually repeated it word for word himself and added, "I agree." Both even chuckled upon hearing it, which doesn't make sense on its face ... y'know, since it's super derogatory.

Someone must be keeping that boy in a carefully controlled news bubble. Scary.
Or a maturity bubble where high achieving individuals do not waste their time on such garbage.

Both even chuckled upon hearing it, which doesn't make sense on its face ... y'know, since it's super derogatory.

Super derogatory?
It's an insult that happened by accident.
Just replay that scene in your head, but this time assume they both knew exactly what the term means.
He does not ask, 'Who's Brandon?'
They chuckle, because this is just pathetic. Really. You get a chance to tell the Pres to fuck off and hide behind a code word?
He reoeats it because he's not afraid of it. I mean, he's got grandkids. More than once he's probably said something along the lines of, "Fuck a duck. Yep. I agree."

Or a maturity bubble where high achieving individuals do not waste their time on such garbage.
Weird, having a president that doesn't want to pick feuds over the slightest slight on his dignity, huh?
Huh? You haven't been paying attention, I don't think. Or maybe you're confusing him with Pres Obama, who carried himself in pretty dignified manner.

Remember this? It was only a couple of years ago.

Both even chuckled upon hearing it, which doesn't make sense on its face ... y'know, since it's super derogatory.

Super derogatory?
It's an insult that happened by accident.
Just replay that scene in your head, but this time assume they both knew exactly what the term means.
He does not ask, 'Who's Brandon?'
They chuckle, because this is just pathetic. Really. You get a chance to tell the Pres to fuck off and hide behind a code word?
He reoeats it because he's not afraid of it. I mean, he's got grandkids. More than once he's probably said something along the lines of, "Fuck a duck. Yep. I agree."
Yes, the insult happened by accident, but that doesn't mean it can't be super derogatory (not my choice of words, BTW). He may have heard the phrase and thought it was some benign pop culture meme, and so, not wanting to seem "not hip" (a problem he has) blindly agreed with the caller, without knowing it was trashing him personally. Your take on it seems to be a rather contrived explanation, but I could be wrong. Its likely Occam's Razor applies here.

No, contrived is inbetweenost 44, when held responsible for using the phrase, it's not 'necessarily' a vulgar attack on Biden, but today, if Biden doesn't flip offline, then he must not know it's a vulgarity.
Uh huh... Schrodinger'svulgarity.
It's not going yo be super derogatory if it's a coward's insult.

No, contrived is inbetweenost 44, when held responsible for using the phrase, it's not 'necessarily' a vulgar attack on Biden, but today, if Biden doesn't flip offline, then he must not know it's a vulgarity.
??? Gabby, is that you?

Anyway, it's really a signal for pedophiles to identify each other.

Schmeck is now saying it was a joke, and he is angry that he's getting shit for using his god given right to free speech. Not a trumper, he just is frustrated by Biden and the mandates, inflation, and the supply chain problems...
And he stands behind what he said. That was just a joke. And got everyone upset at him.

Schmeck is now saying it was a joke, and he is angry that he's getting shit for using his god given right to free speech. Not a trumper, he just is frustrated by Biden and the mandates, inflation, and the supply chain problems...
And he stands behind what he said. That was just a joke. And got everyone upset at him.
It's funny how people who are so steadfast in defending their own right to free speech seem so incapable of grasping that criticism, by others, of the things that they said is also free speech.

People literally have the right to give him shit about what he said. That's the right he is claiming to uphold.

It is now time to work really hard to make this a reality.

Pedophiles? Haven't heard of this. Is this some new conspiracy theory a la Pizzagate, or Wayfair? Does it have something to do with Biden himself? He definitely has some past sketchy behavior around young girls, but it would be a big stretch to say he is linked to pedophelia.

Back
Top Bottom