• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How ‘Let’s Go Brandon’ became code for insulting Joe Biden

Schmeck is now saying it was a joke, and he is angry that he's getting shit for using his god given right to free speech. Not a trumper, he just is frustrated by Biden and the mandates, inflation, and the supply chain problems...
And he stands behind what he said. That was just a joke. And got everyone upset at him.
There are few things currently more tedious than those who pretend they supported Trump only because the alternative was unpalatable. These are the people who don't like looking stupid in public and this a counter productive strategy. The perspective of time is peeling the veneer of Trump's Presidency and it's pretty much stupid all the way down from there.

God did not grant Schmeck freedom of speech. God gives commands, not rights. Commands about lying, stealing, killing, etc.

What Schmeck has tripped over is one of those social norms that keeps us together as a tribe, which is "Be a dick, get treated like a dick." It seems someone with a name so easily mispronounced would understand this by now.

If it's not intended to insult the current president, this needs to be circulated a LOT more than it is. Esp. to the guys that carry sharpies into the mens' room at my supermarket. And gas station. And credit union.
THOSE guys are clearly pissed at, and aiming at, POTUS, not MSM.

What the phrase "Lets Go Brandon" actually symbolizes is to make a complete mockery of the main stream reporting in this country right now. Because when they were originally chanting Fuck Biden, the reporter knew good and well what they meant but instead decided to create his own narrative of fake news for the public (emphasis mine). The main stream media are clowns and half of the country is on to them now.

The Trumpsters simply decided to shove it down the main stream media throats..... and frankly I think they have done a good job so far!
I know this is probably a forlorn hope, but other than the one reporter who was put on the spot reporting live and most likely would've been fired if he quoted "Fuck Joe Biden", verbatim on TV, can you actually list examples of "the mainstream media", saying that the crowd chanted "let's go Brandon"?

Yeah, me neither.

Someone must be keeping that boy in a carefully controlled news bubble. Scary.
Or a maturity bubble where high achieving individuals do not waste their time on such garbage.

Sure. The dementia "president" is absolutely in a "maturity bubble".
The dementia president died in 2004.
I worked this into my stand-up act back then.

It was "hey, you ever watch these police chases on TV? I love 'em. One day, I was watching this slow speed chase through the streets of Los Angeles. There were cop cars everywhere. Helicopters filming the whole thing. It was gripping drama.

Then I realized I was watching the Reagan funeral. (audience laughs).

Thing is, I was kinda hoping he would get away!"

So, apparently at least one Congress critter thinks it's okay to wear a "let's go Brandon" mask on the House floor. This is so juvenile, besides being hateful. I don't remember any Democrats doing things like this on the House floor when Trump was president. I don't think what comedians and pundits say, compares with what a member of Congress does when he's in the capital. And, yeah. What the fuck did Biden do to enrage so many people! Is it that some Republicans are just such sore losers that they attack the president for no reason?

https://www.newsweek.com/jeff-duncan-lets-go-brandon-mask-joe-biden-chant-1642534

South Carolina congressman Jeff Duncan wore a mask featuring the new conservative meme "Let's Go Brandon" on the House floor, with the slogan adopted by Donald Trump supporters in replacement of the "f**k Joe Biden" chant.

Duncan, who has been a frequent critic of mask mandates throughout the pandemic, was seen wearing the mask in the nation's capital on Monday.

Punchbowl News founder Jake Sherman tweeted that Duncan had walked off the floor wearing a "Let's Go Brandon" mask. Duncan replied to the tweet from his official account with an emoji of a face wearing a mask.
See my post above. It is not intented to be disrespectful of the president (although it is). It is intended to be disrespectful of the fake main stream media.
So if I were to say "fuck you" to you, I'd really only be disrespectful of the alt-right fake media stream...

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
If Fox news tried to say you were blessing the pope instead of saying "fuck you".....then yes. Take their phrase about the pope and then use it against them using more comedy..

So, apparently at least one Congress critter thinks it's okay to wear a "let's go Brandon" mask on the House floor. This is so juvenile, besides being hateful. I don't remember any Democrats doing things like this on the House floor when Trump was president. I don't think what comedians and pundits say, compares with what a member of Congress does when he's in the capital. And, yeah. What the fuck did Biden do to enrage so many people! Is it that some Republicans are just such sore losers that they attack the president for no reason?

https://www.newsweek.com/jeff-duncan-lets-go-brandon-mask-joe-biden-chant-1642534

South Carolina congressman Jeff Duncan wore a mask featuring the new conservative meme "Let's Go Brandon" on the House floor, with the slogan adopted by Donald Trump supporters in replacement of the "f**k Joe Biden" chant.

Duncan, who has been a frequent critic of mask mandates throughout the pandemic, was seen wearing the mask in the nation's capital on Monday.

Punchbowl News founder Jake Sherman tweeted that Duncan had walked off the floor wearing a "Let's Go Brandon" mask. Duncan replied to the tweet from his official account with an emoji of a face wearing a mask.
See my post above. It is not intented to be disrespectful of the president (although it is). It is intended to be disrespectful of the fake main stream media.
So if I were to say "fuck you" to you, I'd really only be disrespectful of the alt-right fake media stream...

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
If Fox news tried to say you were blessing the pope instead of saying "fuck you".....then yes. Take their phrase about the pope and then use it against them using more comedy..
Anyone remember when a bunch of alt-righters were chanting "Fuck Joe Biden" at a NASCAR event and Democrats were stupid and took it as literally being about Joe Biden?

What the phrase "Lets Go Brandon" actually symbolizes is to make a complete mockery of the main stream reporting in this country right now. Because when they were originally chanting Fuck Biden, the reporter knew good and well what they meant but instead decided to create his own narrative of fake news for the public (emphasis mine). The main stream media are clowns and half of the country is on to them now.

The Trumpsters simply decided to shove it down the main stream media throats..... and frankly I think they have done a good job so far!
I know this is probably a forlorn hope, but other than the one reporter who was put on the spot reporting live and most likely would've been fired if he quoted "Fuck Joe Biden", verbatim on TV, can you actually list examples of "the mainstream media", saying that the crowd chanted "let's go Brandon"?

Yeah, me neither.
Then simply report the news as best you can. If a crowd is yelling obscenities you report that they are yelling obscenities and nothing more. You can say they are yelling obscenities with out getting fired by the FCC. Or even better and more applicable to this incident, if the reporter can not make out what their phrase is...you simply report something like "I'm not really sure what they are saying". Absolutely no shame in that at all.

But it is NOT acceptable to make up your own story that you think fits your narrative.

Most people would rather be informed of the truth even if that truth is hard to swallow. I know I feel that way. But today (thanks to our main stream media) we only get news that they want us to hear.

Then simply report the news as best you can. If a crowd is yelling obscenities you report that they are yelling obscenities and nothing more. You can say they are yelling obscenities with out getting fired by the FCC. Or even better and more applicable to this incident, if the reporter can not make out what their phrase is...you simply report something like "I'm not really sure what they are saying". Absolutely no shame in that at all.

But it is NOT acceptable to make up your own story that you think fits your narrative.

Most people would rather be informed of the truth even if that truth is hard to swallow. I know I feel that way. But today (thanks to our main stream media) we only get news that they want us to hear.
That's a long winded way of saying you can't "actually list examples of "the mainstream media", saying that the crowd chanted 'let's go Brandon' ". You know that, right? You're the one accusing the entire MSM of some sort of conspiracy cahoots, and if you're not willing to show any receipts, people are just going to think you're a fucking moron.

Yeah, me neither.
Then simply report the news as best you can.
She, the interviewer, was interviewing a race car driver, not reporting at a political convention or rally. I'm sorry if you get your news from people interviewing race car drivers (I'm being kind to NASCAR drivers here).
If a crowd is yelling obscenities you report that they are yelling obscenities and nothing more.
Kelli Stavast: So, the crowd is chanting Fuck Joe Biden. Any thoughts?
Brandon Brown: They are chanting what?!
Kelli Stavast: Fuck Joe Biden.
Brandon Brown: Seriously?!
Kelli Stavast: Yup.
Brandon Brown: Well, kind of deflates my euphoria having just won.
Kelli Stavast: Any comments on his infrastructure plans?
Brandon Brown: Wah?

You and the "truth". *chuckles*

Personally, I haven't seen any affidavits indicating the interviewer said anything, so...

So now the alt-right thinks the mainstream news comes NASCAR reporters? That splains a lot...

Kelli Stavast: So, the crowd is chanting Fuck Joe Biden. Any thoughts?
Brandon Brown: They are chanting what?!
Kelli Stavast: Fuck Joe Biden.
Brandon Brown: Seriously?!
Kelli Stavast: Yup.
Brandon Brown: Well, kind of deflates my euphoria having just won.
Kelli Stavast: Any comments on his infrastructure plans?
Brandon Brown: Wah?
Interesting you bring that up.

“Our whole navigation is, you want to appeal to everybody, because, all in all, everybody is a consumer,” Brown said. “I have zero desire to be involved in politics.”

Brown tells the Times he’s worked hard and worked his way up and as an athlete struggling for sponsors, “I don’t want it to just be the substitute for a cuss-word,” he said.

Somehow I don't think RVonse etc give a flying fuck about how Brandon Brown feels about his win being used as a political meme. And he said his wasn't interested in politics more than once.

Racing at 200 miles per hour doesn't give me a lot of time to think about politics. And even if it did, I have always preferred the roar of the engine to the roar of my voice.

But fuck his thoughts on the matter. Anything to own the libs amirite?

Has the interviewer who coined the "Let's Go, Brandon" phrase actually spoken up about what she meant? Everyone still seems to be speculating as to whether she seriously misheard the chant, was joking or whether she was trying to cover up for Biden, or just trying to sanitize the chanting for the FCC. I've watched the clip of the interview and I'm not really sure myself.

Has the interviewer who coined the "Let's Go, Brandon" phrase actually spoken up about what she meant? Everyone still seems to be speculating as to whether she seriously misheard the chant, was joking or whether she was trying to cover up for Biden, or just trying to sanitize the chanting for the FCC. I've watched the clip of the interview and I'm not really sure myself.
I guess I'm not part of the 'everyone' superset...maybe aliens don't count...

Anywho, does it matter what she intended? FJB is the slur regardless, the sports reporter is not part of the fake mainstream fake news, and the alt-reality denial is pronounced.

I guess I'm not part of the 'everyone' superset...maybe aliens don't count...

Anywho, does it matter what she intended? FJB is the slur regardless, the sports reporter is not part of the fake mainstream fake news, and the alt-reality denial is pronounced.
Sorry that was my bad. I should have said "some people", not "everyone".

I know why this became big, and it isn't "oh they're a bunch of racist backwood inbred ignorant anti-semite homophobe hicks."

The major social media platforms, they are given special legal protections since they are platforms and not publishers, so they are not responsible for user content. So do smaller platforms, like this one. That is why when one poster on this forum posted about how he had a right to kill minorities, the owners were never going to get in trouble for it.

Those platforms were quite happy to post "Fuck Trump" since they were platforms and not publishers. They are also quite happy to censor "Fuck Biden" even though they are platforms and not publishers. There is absolutely no double standard in the behavior of the platforms, and anyone who thinks there is a double standard is an alt-right conspiracy theorist. Probably a racist sexist homophobe transphobe as well.

There is one loophole though. All of their word filters and automatic censors don't see "Let's Go Brandon". It is quite invisible to them due to the lack of keywords, and lack of warning words that would trigger a second level automatic search. The platforms, that get legal protections because they are not publishers, are caught entirely off guard by this and cannot figure out how to stop it without some major reworking of their automatic censors.

A couple years ago I did a test on Facebook and posted "Eric Ciaramella" just to see how long FB would leave it up. One week later the post was down, no explanation, no warnings, no strikes, just missing. I also once shared a pic of Jeffrey Epstein standing by himself to see if FB would give the fact check of how there is no evidence of improper behavior by Bill Clinton. They did. Bill Clinton wasn't in the photo though, and I didn't add commentary.

The platforms, that aren't publishers, they certainly don't manipulate what is posted on the platform, since they aren't publishers. If they did manipulate what is posted, then my post about Eric Ciaramella would have been taken down and they would have applied that fact check to the pic of Jeffrey Epstein. But they are only platforms and not publishers and any suggestion to the contrary is a conspiracy theory.

Those ways in which they can manipulate results, which of course they don't do, were caught completely off guard by "Let's Go Brandon" which is why it is so popular among those who want to say "Fuck Joe Biden" the same why others used to say "Fuck Donald Trump".

I know why this became big, and it isn't "oh they're a bunch of racist backwood inbred ignorant anti-semite homophobe hicks."

The major social media platforms, they are given special legal protections since they are platforms and not publishers, so they are not responsible for user content. So do smaller platforms, like this one. That is why when one poster on this forum posted about how he had a right to kill minorities, the owners were never going to get in trouble for it.

Those platforms were quite happy to post "Fuck Trump" since they were platforms and not publishers. They are also quite happy to censor "Fuck Biden" even though they are platforms and not publishers. There is absolutely no double standard in the behavior of the platforms, and anyone who thinks there is a double standard is an alt-right conspiracy theorist. Probably a racist sexist homophobe transphobe as well.

There is one loophole though. All of their word filters and automatic censors don't see "Let's Go Brandon". It is quite invisible to them due to the lack of keywords, and lack of warning words that would trigger a second level automatic search. The platforms, that get legal protections because they are not publishers, are caught entirely off guard by this and cannot figure out how to stop it without some major reworking of their automatic censors.

A couple years ago I did a test on Facebook and posted "Eric Ciaramella" just to see how long FB would leave it up. One week later the post was down, no explanation, no warnings, no strikes, just missing. I also once shared a pic of Jeffrey Epstein standing by himself to see if FB would give the fact check of how there is no evidence of improper behavior by Bill Clinton. They did. Bill Clinton wasn't in the photo though, and I didn't add commentary.

The platforms, that aren't publishers, they certainly don't manipulate what is posted on the platform, since they aren't publishers. If they did manipulate what is posted, then my post about Eric Ciaramella would have been taken down and they would have applied that fact check to the pic of Jeffrey Epstein. But they are only platforms and not publishers and any suggestion to the contrary is a conspiracy theory.

Those ways in which they can manipulate results, which of course they don't do, were caught completely off guard by "Let's Go Brandon" which is why it is so popular among those who want to say "Fuck Joe Biden" the same why others used to say "Fuck Donald Trump".
That's all nice, but not really relevant. I do call Trump, FFVC. But I would never think to do that on a public call with the kid friendly Santa tracker. Nor do I pretend it isn't a profane insult. Nor do pretend that I worship a moralistic Jesus. Nor do I pretend that there is some sort of mainstream fakery going on...

Last edited:
That's all nice, but not really relevant. I do call Trump, FFVC. But I would never think to do that on a public call with the kid friendly Santa tracker. Nor do I pretend it isn't a profane insult. Nor do pretend that I worship a moralistic Jesus. Nor do I pretend that there is some sort of mainstream fakery going on...

It is relevant because ... as I explained before ... those that censor "Fuck Biden" are happy to not censor "Fuck Trump." You are on the same side as the censors, you don't see any issue because it doesn't personally affect you.

It is relevant because ... as I explained before ... those that censor "Fuck Biden" are happy to not censor "Fuck Trump." You are on the same side as the censors, you don't see any issue because it doesn't personally affect you.
Uh, no. I don't own Facebook, so I'm not party to their private corporate choice to censor profanity or their choice to weed out what they see as obvious lies. I haven't voiced an opinion that such profanity should be censored. So again, not relevant, other than to your hobby horse...

I don't do one thing, and then pretend that I don't... I don't say something out of my mouth, while another thing comes out of my ass...

Back
Top Bottom